xisto Community
OpaQue

Earn Money From Ads On Forums - Start Earning $$ Trap17 offers to Share Advertising Revenue with Members.

Hey,Thats a pretty cool and interesting idea. This will be helping users a lot (mostly new ones I believe with new websites). Hope everything turns out fine with this!Tim.Edit: PS. the new forum look looks awesome! I like it. Some changements are always nice for the eyes mostly if you visit the website really often!

Edited by ihost (see edit history)

First of all, your work as a team is inovative, motivating, original and fair, and those are a lot more qualities then anyother service alike on the internet, which makes me feel quite good to be a part and a member of the Xisto web project, comunity and network.
Now, concerning the topic title, kontera, and its relation to the trao17.com website members to be exact, i have a question, whish i hope is not lame, but since i did not use kontera service ever, i do not know, so my question is, do we register there as an advertiser or as a publisher?

The reason is that i do not know which is the proper and correct for us to register, so i expect your answer soon, i can not register untill i know which one i should use.

Please register at Kontera as Publisher :-) Just follow the link provided. http://amobee.com/?type=1&aff_ID=70528

My questions is do we put our own website on the list or Xisto because I recently got denied because of the lack of website I have :) and I guess I have to submit some other websites to help me out in the mean time and what not.

I registered yesterday at Kontera and entered my User ID and color in My Controls... But I have a problem... The website fails (or at least I do) to find any links in any topic (mine or anybody's else). But I have noticed that after it loades the forum it tries to load something from Kontera (in Firefox it says transferring from ....kontera.com). The thing is when it finishes nothing has changed (or I fail to see it). Is it only me? Where are they supposed to be located?

Yes, some advertisements are failing to load. This is not our end's problem but it's Kontera's fault. They are not providing ready advertisements.Also remember that when you view your own topic you will NEVER see your own publisher ID's advertisements showing. You could be viewing the forum default or another poster's ads. Kontera also tracks your home IP address. Therefore you cannot even view your ads even as the guest mode (not logging into the forum). So be careful clicking your own ads by going through anonymous websites--Kontera will penalize you.This took me some time to figure it out (poor OpaQue had to endure all my questions :)). The results are in and I just made $0.20 in one day through Xisto. Woo Hoo! :) It's all downhill from here.

Yes, some advertisements are failing to load. This is not our end's problem but it's Kontera's fault. They are not providing ready advertisements.
Also remember that when you view your own topic you will NEVER see your own publisher ID's advertisements showing. You could be viewing the forum default or another poster's ads. Kontera also tracks your home IP address. Therefore you cannot even view your ads even as the guest mode (not logging into the forum). So be careful clicking your own ads by going through anonymous websites--Kontera will penalize you.

This took me some time to figure it out (poor OpaQue had to endure all my questions :)). The results are in and I just made $0.20 in one day through Xisto. Woo Hoo! :) It's all downhill from here.

The thing is I failed to see any text advertising whatsoever! And I can tell you that during the last 24h I surfed this forum more then I do in a full month...

And WOW :D ... 20 cents... for one day! Congratulations!

Well so far i've not earned any cents from Kontera :). Let's see if i can grab few bucks from them without placing their ads on my site. Anyone with 20 cents or more ? :)

@Nabb: I'm not sure if they pay for Impression or they pay for clicks. So we've to check their knowledgebase for the answer. But i think it is CPC and not CPM, cause ads are displayed in link throughout page that's why it is beneficial for advertisers to have this as CPC and not CPM. Let's see when someone from us gets first check/paypal from it, will atleast make it clear if it is quick CPM or slow CPC :) .

Yeah it is pay per click sort of set up and actually I think it is the mod that is being used and not the advertisements themselves that are failing to load and so in order to see ad's you have ot basically refresh your browser or view various topics in order to see these text links. Of course it is going ot be interesting since everyone will be choosing the same colors and so it will be kind of tricky to tell yours apart even though the color you choose won't show up.

I have... $0.09... At this rate, it would take over 3 years for me to cash out

Why you're sad Nabb? Look at us we've not even started with single cent :D. It will take us infinite time to get payput :)

I think most of the members here are using black/gray/red/orange/blue colors so its hard for all of us to understand who's link is appearing right now. :D Try other colors as well guys, ok i have decided to try new color every week :P
Let's see if i can at least break 2 cents milestone :)

Why you're sad Nabb? Look at us we've not even started with single cent :P. It will take us infinite time to get payput :)

Yes.....me too. I haven't earned a single cent till now. Only 54 impressions. Not single click yet. Just as you said, it will take us infinite time to reach their minimum $100 payout. :)

Hmmm...I'll also try different colors......may be we have to select some odd color(color that looks annoying) to identify ourselves. :D
Edited by xpress (see edit history)

may be we have to select some odd color(color that looks annoying) to identify ourselves.

lol :) Yeah. I was thinking of something like that, now i'm not trying to be too gentle with colors now :P
Let's use harsh colors like BLUE RED GREEN in dark pattern :D I'm constantly checking for blogger who have monetized Kontera effectively. So guys if you've any suggestion for Kontera optimization then please do drop some tips and tricks in this thread. :)