xisto Community
OpaQue

Free Web Hosting (free Trap17/asta Subdomain Hosting Procedure) How to order yourname.trap17.com OR yourname.astahost.com

I need help gettong my hosting to work, I have my own domain, i set the dns settings at ns1.trap17.com

ns2.trap17.com

but i cant log into cpanel, and the credit system login shws non-hosted after logging in

The name servers are ns1.computinghost.com, ns.computinghost.com i think. Besides, you have to wait for atleast 24hrs to propagate the name servers throught out the world.

Coming to the cpanel issue, did your hosting order accepted? Your order should be accepted to login to your cpanel. :)

And credit system 2 is no more...don't worry about that login.

I followed all the above steps and it has worked (obviously).However, I think I might have made a mistake while signing up.My subdomain is vlaanderen-flanders.trap17.com, while I also own a domain name which is vlaanderen-flanders.org.uk.I did choose the bottom option (I will update the name servers or get a domain), but instead of my subdomain, I entered my domain name.Now I am a bit concerned.Will that affect anything? Will my subdomain still exist?Does the system know by my domain name what my subdomain was?Do I have to let my domain point at the nameservers again?At this time it looks like my website is still accessible through both my domain and subdomain URL, but won't that change?Also, I did not buy any extra features at this time, can I still change that later?I ask because I noticed that there was one feature to do with email, costing $14.95, since I did not buy this, will I still keep my existing email?And then finally, can i now also buy another hosting plan with a different (sub)domain so that I can use a different web site too?Sorry to be asking so many questions, but i read the explanations a bit hastily, and it is srill all a bit diffivult and obscure to me with this new system.Thanks in advance for any assistance.

If i cancel my ordering, will that credits go back to my Mycents?

I don't believe so and they have good reasons for that because if they didn't do that people could do stuff like pay for a month of hosting and then cancel the order will 1 day left and get all there credits back. That wouldn't be fair would it?

If i cancel my ordering, will that credits go back to my Mycents?

Always check with Support & Billing. Depending on the duration of your hosting days you may be eligible for a refund if paid in advance, i.e. paid for 1 year's worth of hosting but canceled after 1 month. Your balance of remaining days should be returned to you minus the discount you received for 1 year contract (remember that monthly price for 1 year advance payment is lower than month-to-month rate).

Would you get 1 day of hosting back after paying for 1 month of hosting? I don't know. What's $9.00 divided by 30 days? Is it worth getting it back? This and other cases are by case so contact the Support and Billing.

I just purchased my hosting package and i'm waitin for it to be submitted and approved!! I'm so excited i can hardly wait... If only their were a night time activity that would really speed up the time... OH I KNOW, drinking games!!! jkReally tho Opaque I'm impressed with the innovation shown by you and your colleagues and i wana thank alll of you, as Im sure most members do, for your hard work and dedication!Edit: Updated PostOkay, I'm a little confused about where to go to start editing my website, i've purchased the logic plan and got it set up, now I just need to know how to get the ball rolling i guess? Does anyone know how or where to go to get started on editing?

Notice from saint-michael:
merged posts since they fell in the same day

Okay, I'm a little confused about where to go to start editing my website, i've purchased the logic plan and got it set up, now I just need to know how to get the ball rolling i guess? Does anyone know how or where to go to get started on editing?

Once you receive the email with all the account information, upload your files to the public_html folder.

Wow, I thought it was only .trap17.com as a subdomain? I never knew there was a .astahost.com subdomain. :P Although I am only apart of Xisto.com, not Xisto.com. :P-Sky.

My last question is the account information, will it all be in the email, or will it be in an attached file on the email?

It seems i didn't post success?Try again.If it's repetition,please help me delete the copy one,thanks a lot ,admin.I have submitted a request at Xisto - Support,but i didn't have enough myCENT at Xisto - Support.And the system has give me a formal Invoice as follow:Invoice # Invoice Date Due Date Total Status 11399 2009/01/16 2009/01/21 $1.95 USD Unpaid What should i do now ?What does this mean?If i cannot earn enough myCENT before Due Date ,what will happen to me ?

Whoever founded this site is a genius. :D

I've been looking around for some Free Site Hosting and stumbled upon this site. Having read everything I could find on how to get my Free Webhosting I came to the realisation that it's not free after all. The trick is (and this is probably where the name Xisto comes from) that to use the hosting services you have to make 20-30 'quality' posts. The clever thing about it is that you have to do that every month so you can keep paying for the hosting which is a brilliant way of generating traffic and ultimately revenue from ads on this forum site. And if you chose not to post anything you end up paying for the hosting so your site is not taken down so you either generate traffic for Xisto making them revenue from ads which are on the site purely because of the high traffic or you pay for your hosting and don't participate. :P

BRILLIANT!!! I have 3 questions:

1. Are the owners of Xisto by any chance the same as the owners of the Hosting Site? :P

2. What is the connection if not? :P

3. How do you split the revenue earned? B)

Edited by prime-mass (see edit history)

1. Are the owners of Xisto by any chance the same as the owners of the Hosting Site? Yes, That is Opaque. Perfectly True.2. What is the connection if not? Adding Spice to Life my Friend.3. How do you split the revenue earned? By Heart.

Cool thanks for this guide OpaQue, I can now get any easy hosting package with a domain :D Don't you just love this site every one so simple and fun to use Hehe :P

Im ready to purchase my hoasting, but this is my major weekness. :P I know I dont need a good package for the first month, as it will be more like a trial launch for my site. I want the cheapest one to start with but need a few features.Can someone tell me which package is best to start off with.Is the Logic Plan for $1.95 per month good enough for me to start with, if I want to use Joomla? I believe I need fantastico autoinstaller.Also after the first month Ill want to get a proper domain name (eg, mysite.com) and can I purchase it through Xisto also.Thanks for your help on this :D