xisto Community
OpaQue

Free Web Hosting (free Trap17/asta Subdomain Hosting Procedure) How to order yourname.trap17.com OR yourname.astahost.com

If you have not registered with Billing & Support take this time to register to begin your Free Web Hosting, No Ads account activation. This step is crucial to your hosting account. Do not skip this step.

I can't seem to register to Billing & Support. Every time I submit the form, it tells me the Verification Code I entered is wrong, but I entered it exactly right. I've tried it four times and the last three times I made sure I typed it exactly right. I don't have JavaScript disabled, either, so I don't know what the problem is. Can someone help me?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured out the problem. An extension I have in Firefox 2 was blocking cookies from Xisto - Support, which prevented it from correctly checking the Security Code. I added Xisto - Support to the Whitelist and now everything works fine. This would be good to note for any other users who may be having problems...

Regards to all. I am new to this forum. I think that the idea about the possibility of purchasing the hosting or domain only with the activity in this forum is awesome. I hope that you will continue in the future with quality work. I'll try to be very active;)

Thanks for updating these instructions... now I'm going to have a much easier time when I do start to switch over my site. I'm much less confused now than I was before, which is a good thing :)

Hey! I have a small question.First of all, I like this new system. It is a good move, Opaque, and I think you'll get a lot of good content and members this way.About my thing.I've been a member on trap for about 4 months, I got enough CENTs and I got a monthly hosting account from the Xisto - Support billing page.Now, since I have 'payed' for one month in advance, should I worry about my credits here in the forum? (I'm talking about the V2 credits)Is my site going to get suspended if the credits here run out?

Edited by bittr (see edit history)

Now, since I have 'payed' for one month in advance, should I worry about my credits here in the forum? (I'm talking about the V2 credits)Is my site going to get suspended if the credits here run out?

I know the feeling of changing from one system to another--it never goes right.

You do not have to worry about your hosting credits running out. The forum skin was not updated (taking hosting credit script off line so that forum does not show your hosting credit numbers) and forum's mod never taken off-line.

Rest assure that myCENT is another module integrated with the forum and your billing account. Therefore, it has nothing to do with hosting credits you see.

So you can let it go down (negative value) but you still have to earn enough myCENT to be deposited as Account Credit Balance if you are on a monthly payment plan. The moment you do not pay the monthly invoice your hosting account will be suspended.

Just one question, it says that the Xisto.com and Xisto.com is only for existing members only not applicable for new members, what does this actually mean? Does this mean that members already hosted can use these or what?

Just one question, it says that the Xisto.com and Xisto.com is only for existing members only not applicable for new members, what does this actually mean? Does this mean that members already hosted can use these or what?

I think this means you can not pick sitename@Xisto.com or sitename@Xisto.com as a subdomain name unless you already have one that has it and the only people that have that as their name is existing members.

I have another question.

I have for this month a monthly subscription for my small website, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
It's the site I had previously in Credit System V2, and now I 'payed' already for November.

However, I decided that after this month I will drop this subdomain and go for something.creativeriots.com

Now the question. Can I do this, using the account I have now? Can I just let the previous Xisto.com subdomain & hosting expire and get another subdomain afterwards in creativeriots.com?

And yes, I know I'll lose all my files, it's not a problem, I've already backed-them-up.

Edited by bittr (see edit history)

I followed the instructions, but no luck setting up my site, when i log into the credit system v2.0 it says non-hosted when i check the status after logging in

Because we are not using credit system v2.0 we are now using mycent or credit system v3.0. But just in case that was a typo and you did do everything right you probably just have to wait for the xisto people accept your hosting request. If this takes more than a few days submit a ticket. I hope this helps.

I need help gettong my hosting to work, I have my own domain, i set the dns settings at ns1.trap17.comns2.trap17.combut i cant log into cpanel, and the credit system login shws non-hosted after logging in