xisto Community
OpaQue

Free Web Hosting (free Trap17/asta Subdomain Hosting Procedure) How to order yourname.trap17.com OR yourname.astahost.com

Welcome to Xisto : Free Web Hosting, No Ads - your destination for free website

Once you have about 10 good posts in this website, you will have earned atleast $2 (because your posts in this forum-website earn you myCENTS) We have a point system at our forum called "MyCENT" or "The Credit System", which gives you points for your posts. And yes, each myCENT represents 1 American "cent". The goal is to make good posts and gather 100 cents. Every time you cross 100, your cents will be converted to US Dollar and deposited into Xisto - Support.com Billing/Shopping area.

Know more about Internet/Website Forum - Forum Post 0r A Post - Read Testimonials of our Website Service by our members

Ooooo... so where is this Billing/Shopping area?

https://support.xisto.com/ - This is our official Billing & Support website where you can manage all your orders/products like domains, web hosting, vps etc. You can also send support tickets to us containing critical information safely. This website is SSL encrypted and Secure.

Once you register at Xisto - Support, Your activity in this forum will generate money(myCENTS) and it will be deposited automatically into your Xisto - Support Account.

Visit Xisto - Support and Register/SignUp using the SAME email address you used to register here.

WHAT SUB-DOMAINS can you choose while setting up your Hosting Account?

yourname.elugs.com

yourname.tuckie.com

yourname.creativeriots.com

yourname.protectgaea.com

yourname.xysis.net

yourname.trap17.net

yourname.astahost.net

yourname.antilost.com

yourname.trap17.com -> for existing members only (not applicable for new members)

yourname.astahost.com -> for existing members only (not applicable for new members)

HERE ON WE ASSUME THAT :-

1. You have registered at this forum, made about 10 good posts and have earned at-least $2 (by myCENTS)

2. You have registered at Xisto - Support.com/billing with the same e-mail address, you used to register at Xisto forums.

Start by logging into Billing & Support area, clicking the ORDER link and choose LOGIC PLAN and proceed.

Posted Image

On the next screen choose I will update my nameservers on an existing domain Or I will register a new domain if you want to apply with our sub-domain name. If you have your own domain name or would like to purchase one, choose other appropriate selection and continue.

If you are choosing one of our sub-domain names please follow this step carefully. After selecting I will update my nameservers on an existing domain Or I will register a new domain enter your desired sub-domain name in the SECOND field followed by entering Xisto.com or Xisto.com extension in the THIRD field.

Posted Image

On the next screen select (as a default) monthly payment schedule. This is the quickest way to start our free web hosting, no ads. You can upgrade additional features or upgrade to different hosting plans with your Account Credit Balance.

Posted Image

Select other options you desire. Be sure to fill in and double check, especially your sub-domain or domain name that would be activating your hosting account.

Posted Image

Finish your order by pressing Add to cart. Check out your order and then COMPLETE ORDER.

Select PayPal MyCents 1 as your form of payment and deduct it from Account Credit Balance to complete. Once completed, your credit balance debits automatically. Wait about 5 hours for our Billing and Support Team to activate your hosting account.

Please refer any FAQ to Xisto Readme. You can submit additional questions to Billing and Support from your dashboard.

-this post was posted first by BuffaloHELP-

Notice from jlhaslip:

Note 1 - 10/31/2008 - edit to add the Mycents option is now available for deducting directly from your MyCents account.

Question: Is the one who gets hosted by paying and one from posting in these forums be treated equally, is?the support and upgrade options avilable to free users too?

Answer: See post 10.

Edited by pasten (see edit history)

I don't know really anything about Addon domains or parked domains, but im assuming that with the subdomain, once I get enough myCENTSto buy a domain hopefully in a week or two, ill be able to purchase the domain and change the hosting package over from the subdomain tothe bought domain correct? Or would I need to buy a package with more addon domains or something?

Wow OpaQue and Buffalo...you both have been working hard! :) Nice work.One problem about my myCENTs....I did have 60, but it was decreased for some reason. How come that happened?-Sky

Wow OpaQue and Buffalo...you both have been working hard! :) Nice work.

One problem about my myCENTs....I did have 60, but it was decreased for some reason. How come that happened?

-Sky

Your myCENTS only go up to 100, after 100 they are automatically deposited into your xisto billing account.

If you went and checked into your xisto account (click on the mycents link next to any post) and you should

see a few dollars in your account already.

Question: Do all the members who are already hosted need to "buy" a package at Xisto?

Thanks OpaQue This guide helps and the pictures really help, previously i didnt know how to use my Xisto domain name but now i do :) thanks alot!

Question: Do all the members who are already hosted need to "buy" a package at Xisto?

Yes, and when you are signing up for it you need to give them your cpanel username and password so that they can update your current package.

According to the other forums they are going to wipe every account here that hasn't swapped over to the new system, but there is no date or anything stated as of right now.

Maybe an admin can shed some light on that?

I'm going to assume it will be *after* everything is verified to be working correctly, and everything is stable.

I just bought the Logic plan package with my subdomain i hope it solves my bandwidth problem.all came to a cost of 3$ something per month pretty cheap :)

Question: Is the one who gets hosted by paying and one from posting in these forums be treated equally, is the support and upgrade options avilable to free users too?

To answer your questions, don't take this in the wrong way but paying customers get the slight edge on support because they are paying with real money for not just the hosting but for problems that may come of it. Of course, with this new system in place odds are the staff are also aware to look out for tickets that deal with this as well and so you get the same support, but depending on the priority of support tickets and the in order them come in, don't expect it to fix in 5 minutes. Now saying support is slow but xisto is working on a small support crew that have to cover quite a lot of hosting accounts.

I don't know really anything about Addon domains or parked domains, but im assuming that with the subdomain, once I get enough myCENTSto buy a domain hopefully in a week or two, ill be able to purchase the domain and change the hosting package over from the subdomain to
the bought domain correct? Or would I need to buy a package with more addon domains or something?

Yes you will be able to replace your subdomain with a top level domain, but if you plan to do that make sure you give people ample time to know about the new domain and what not though.

If your referring to the current hosted members I am still not to sure about it since I haven't done my transfer, I have to do that tonight then I guess. As for new members who get hosted they will go directly to the new hosting system instead of version 2.

Yes, and when you are signing up for it you need to give them your cpanel username and password so that they can update your current package.
According to the other forums they are going to wipe every account here that hasn't swapped over to the new system, but there is no date or anything stated as of right now.

Maybe an admin can shed some light on that?

I'm going to assume it will be *after* everything is verified to be working correctly, and everything is stable.

Well I haven't heard to much about how they plan to transfer current hosted members to the new system and so I think once the major programming is completely for mycents that will be the next thing OpaQue will tackle. Of course, if it was already mentioned I must have missed that post somewhere.

We don't get to host free domains anymore? I am confused..... Some please explain to me how this works..

Basically, we must post in the forum maintain our myCENTS value. Every time your CENTS gets deposited to your Xisto Account you when you get lots of dollars in your account, you can begin to purchase a Domain, hosting package etc etc. Just make sure you keep your myCENTS with money.
Last time I had my CENTS deposited I had 60.xx cents. Hopefully this time I can reach 100 and get it deposited to my account, but will it only deposit $1 and reset the rest? I hope I get my 100 or 90 cents deposited and not just a little cents.

Another question: Is the Credit System V3 the myCENTS system connected to Xisto accounts? I'm not sure if it is or not. We still have the Credit System 2.0 version. I'm guessing that'll be removed too...?

-Sky :)

Basically, we must post in the forum maintain our myCENTS value. Every time your CENTS gets deposited to your Xisto Account you when you get lots of dollars in your account, you can begin to purchase a Domain, hosting package etc etc. Just make sure you keep your myCENTS with money.

Ok, whenever I get to 100 CENTS, I get deposited a $1.
Just one question: About how many posts can get you $1.00 . I am posting and I am not getting any CENTS. I think there is lag or something. Anyway, I was wondering just how many NORMAL (posts that are not too long but not too short) posts gets you 100 CENTS / $1?

We don't get to host free domains anymore? I am confused..... Some please explain to me how this works..

We no longer use the credit version 2 now we use version 3 which now every post gains you myCent once the myCent reaches 100 or more it subtracts 100 from it and adds a dollar to your Xisto - Support money account. Once you have enough money in your Xisto - Support account you can buy a domain and hosting. So basically you post, you get credits which Xisto - Support counts as money, you use those credits to buy stuff.

Another question: Is the Credit System V3 the myCENTS system connected to Xisto accounts? I'm not sure if it is or not. We still have the Credit System 2.0 version. I'm guessing that'll be removed too...?

Every 4-5 it checks to see if any of the myCents are over 100 if they are it adds a dollar to there xixto account. The credit system 2 with be moved sooner or later. They want to give us time to move are accounts over and all the bugs may not be fixed yet.

Ok, whenever I get to 100 CENTS, I get deposited a $1. Just one question: About how many posts can get you $1.00 . I am posting and I am not getting any CENTS. I think there is lag or something. Anyway, I was wondering just how many NORMAL (posts that are not too long but not too short) posts gets you 100 CENTS / $1?

You don't get your myCents right away. It takes it a little while before it gives you the credits. I am guess it takes about 10-15 good posts to get to 100 myCents. Now of course it could take less if you are posting reall good, long post and it could take a lot more if you post one liners and such.
Edited by Running With Scissors (see edit history)

No you can still purchase a top level domain but you won't need to save 250 hosting credits but instead you would have to earn 1000 myCent's or $10 in order to purchase a domain when you either configure your hosting package or seperately through the billing site.

Last time I had my CENTS deposited I had 60.xx cents. Hopefully this time I can reach 100 and get it deposited to my account, but will it only deposit $1 and reset the rest? I hope I get my 100 or 90 cents deposited and not just a little cents.

Yes that is how the new system works out and as for your actual earnings but It won't reset to zero, say for an example that you have 199.00 myCents, well that 100 is going to be deposited to myEarnings while the 99 cents will stay with your myCent's. As for your second question yes the v3 system is connected with xisto since it is using actual prices, though a with a small discount for Xisto and Xisto members. As for 2.0 that will eventually disappear once the new system is complete and most everyone has transferred his or her accounts over to the new system.

Ok, whenever I get to 100 CENTS, I get deposited a $1. Just one question: About how many posts can get you $1.00 . I am posting and I am not getting any CENTS. I think there is lag or something. Anyway, I was wondering just how many NORMAL (posts that are not too long but not too short) posts gets you 100 CENTS / $1?

No one knows but my best guess that if a member does some good posting that he or she can earn a $1 in ten posts or less, of course tutorials will earn you more in one post. So it is just the matter of posting long quality posts in order to earn a lot of myCent's and so if your good in that area you can bring down to at least 5 posts that could earn you a $1 or more.