xisto Community
Brian

Dreamweaver Or Front Page Or Other? whichs more professional user-friendly

Dreamweaver or Front page or other?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't have, and can't afford either. For what little website design I used a free one, Evrsoft First Page. It's OK for manual coding, but I wouldn't trust it's WYSIWYG editor. =\ I mostly just used it for edited and adding stuff to a pre-made template.I have made a site from scratch with it, but with my *very* limited HTML knowledge, it's sortof.... lame. XD It's a good editor for free though, if your just getting started, and need something to just code in and see your results, it's a very good choice. :D

well you can also use notepad to code a simple html site.. only thing is you will nned to know pretty much all scripts. unless you already have a basic layout code. and just work from there

I have never been a Microsoft oriented person, and when I tried Frontpage, I found it very limited, very difficult to customise a site which will be based on CSS and other things besides text and pictures. On top of that, Dreamweaver has a much friendlier interface and it keeps getting better, it is easy to edit compared to Frontpage. And like what was said earlier, it is very easy to integrate flash (.swf) and fireworks into dreamweaver as they are under the Macromedia suite. I have always been using Macromedia Dreamweaver to do up my webpages, never have I once used Frontpage to do any of my webpages.

For me, Dreamweaver has far more capabilities than FrontPageIt Specialize in web development and it meets all the requirements of the developer.Great support for scripting languages like php and asp and all other web programming language.Can manage sites and ftps, good for beginners and advanced users.WYSIWYG design environment making it a RAD(Rapid Application Development) Web Development tool much better than Frontpage's.Always updated with latest. Dreamweaver 8The best to incorporate with Flash web development

Dreamweaver, dreamweaver and dreamweaver! It seems we have a clear winner. Surely Dreamweaver is much user friendly and provides better output than Frontpage. I happened to use the MS product looong back. But once i tried my hands with Dreamweaver, I never tried anything else.

When i started i was using notepad but as time progressed i advanced and advanced through diff. kinds of proj. for coding. For me the best is dreamweaver for its user friendlyness and so easy to use. It has the best interface i have seen and you can do many things with it

I find dreamweaver very easy and to use with a nice clean interface. One thing dreamweaver does seem to struggle with is very large (500k) text web pages, although that may be related to my POS computer. ( I don't edit write 500k pages by hand :) I needed to import it into dreamweaver to sort out a bug in the code)

Edited by Yacoby (see edit history)

Well i guess it is obvious especially since the votes are for Dreamweaver. go with dreamweaver if you are still trying to figure out which one to choose, but i would also say try getting the trials and see if you like it, and make the choice for yourself

i use dreamweaver, it's really easy to use, i don't make stuff often but when i do it's real easy, the only thing the frontpage is better for is the dreamweaver has it's own weird way of doing stuff and when you want to know how to do something yourself you just go to frontpage and look at the coding

I voted for Dreamweaver because I think its a bit more friendly when it comes to making the codes, but I also like to use Frontpage. Frontpage to be is a good begining if your new to web making, where Dreamweaver is more advanced. I don't use much of either now because most scripts are php :) Dreamweaver also reads php files and counts lines, unlike Frontpage. Also Frontpage has a lot fo preset things that are really cool, but it sets up files differently and sometimes need Frontpage extentions.. but no worries Xisto has it!

I go with dreamweaver over anyone else and that is they don't give you junk code like frontpage does or some of the free html web design tool have as well.I use dreamweaver more for cleaning up then editing other then that I use note pad and refresh my browser a half million times while correctly the mistakes.

I use FirstPage 2006 for my WYSIWYG needs. I do my layouts using HTML Beauty. After creating my layout, I type in my contents using EvrSoft's HTML Editor. From there I post the page to our company's website. Dreamweaver may be an excellent editor but it just has a lot of features that I find unnecessary for my type of work. Ditto for Frontpage.