xisto Community
Brian

Dreamweaver Or Front Page Or Other? whichs more professional user-friendly

Dreamweaver or Front page or other?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use Dreamweaver to make the HTML pages, but never to PHP or ASP. And I can say, its the best I've used before.

52752[/snapback]

All your points may be true, but the best use I find for Dreamweaver is, to check my code for errors.

Most of the professionals, and wanna-be's like me, will use notepad for coding. PHP and HTML are easy to code once you 'learn' the tags. It's the best by far, seeing as you don't have all those extra buttons to get in your freakin way. And If I can't find a certian feature/code in dreamweaver, I'm screwed, and I have to go look it up in the PHP web site. However, if I forgot some code with notepad, I can.... or will... have to do the same thing anyway.. crap, bad example... but I hate dreamweaver for anything except making tables, and checking codes.

ya .. same i would suggest using dreamweaver .. It has good user interface and functions .. THe good thing is that the error reminding ;) but 1 thing ... it doesnt show my functions in php files correctly sometimes ... maybe im wrong

Dreamweaver deffinatly, I hated Frontpage although that said the last time I used that was about 2 years ago so given Microsofts reputation its probably had 12 million updates since then( sorry cheap shot I know) but I just rated the features and ease of use of Dreamweaver better< I used it to create my site, and found it really useful for thing I did not klnow how to do and also made mundane thing like anchors and images easy and faster a great web design tool I would recommend it to every one, especially beginers.

damn i remember when i used to use frontpage and i remember how i had to struggle so much with it like for example putting the images in place n such the thing is horrible and messes up the site now i use photoshop to create the layout and slice it up then work with it in dreamweaver which makes everything comes out so good and its easy to use if u work with it.

dreamweaver rocks! frontpage doesn't even come close. and in DW you have the choice of code, split, or WYSIWYG. i use both, about 50% each. small fixits are a bit of a pain to repair in DW as it loads the ful program, but for everything else, it's IMO the best coder around. again, it's one of those that you pay through the nose for. and i'm sure there are many other alternatives.

Dreamweaver is by far the best. Not only is it very user friendly, it's also great for pros. My friends Dad has been making websites for a long time now and he has always used Dreamweaver. I have been using dreamweaver 8. The FTP, colored code, code & design mode, and so much more, i would say this is the best of al the web site editors.

I use Dreamweaver MX 2004 personally. I love it because it is easy to use and still gets the job done. The code/design feature really helps so you know how much of a difference your code made to your site before posting it on the web. And of course it has the ability to actually show what your website will look like on the web just incase the design feature isn't a good enough look for you. You can do XHTML, HTML, CSS, and much more on it too! It comes with tutorials that you can get on CD or online. I suggest to any beginners or even advance web designers to get Dreamweaver for its effective and userfriendly properties

Why would you pay for something that does nothing? Actually whats worse than doing nothing is that it keeps you from learning and being free to do what you want with html. If you really want to learn html, especially if thats what you are going to be working on I seriously recommend you get a book on html and a free editor. I really like phpdesigner 2006, it is free and someday when I have enough money I swear I am going to donate at least 20 dollars to the guy who makes it.

Definitely Dreamweaver is by far better than Front page. It supports database and many other things, if you see the toolbar there are lots of options available to make a good site.On the other hand front page is just to make a page thats it, it is for newbies who want to know how his name looks like in internet.I reccomend go with the best, go with Dreamweaver.

Dreamweaver definately wins for me. It is easier to understand and get online help for, there is three building "modes" Code - Used for editing the code lol, Design - basically just like dragging a picture onto the screen and it automatically gets written into the code and lastly - Split where the screen is split so you an edit code and see what it does on the website.