xisto Community
Brian

Dreamweaver Or Front Page Or Other? whichs more professional user-friendly

Dreamweaver or Front page or other?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yep, Dreamweaver is preferred for wysiwig editors but if you ask which is more professional. Neither.It is more professional to use a text editor, insert proper comments in your code, line up your tags the way YOU want them to appear and have a good feeling that you know what every single character in your code is for.I do like Dreamweaver for managing the FTP for all my sites and for times when I need to make a template based site design. (usually for the larger sites)

In my opinion, Dreamweaver is good for a newbie. Frontpage should be avoided because it's even worse than Dreamweaver. I recommend using an editor like Eclipse IDE or Aptana IDE. The reason for this is that hand-coding XHTML is much easier than using a WYSIWYG editor because there is less concern for W3C validation and cross-browser problems.
Dreamweaver uses XHTML and CSS the improper way. The reason is that a good practice nowadays is that there should be no mark-up that modifies how the element is shown. CSS should do that job. there's a saying now that goes: "Separate content from styles". Meaning HTML should just contain pure content and CSS should modify how the HTML appears.

To be able to know that you've done this properly, if you unlink the css file from the HTML and you just get text and images in a white background, then you've done it.

What improper way is that? I have been using Dreamweaver going a couple years now, I would say after trying out many html editors over the last 11 years Dreamweaver is by far the closes editor to follow the current standard and validation. I have ran many websites through the Dreamweaver's validation program to help other's clean up the coding errors they come across as they design their sites. I would have to 99% of the time the validation is accurate when keeping the original design, however, there is the 1% that break the design but that is usually because the website is design by tables and not closing the tags properly. I am stil waiting for them to implement CSS validation into the program and then Dreamweaver will be the most complete html editoring tool in the designing world.

I will admit though that in order to get a good grasp of Dreamweaver you need to have a strong background in html and CSS in order to use this editor properly, I rarely use the browser because it is usually wrong, well for the most part but again you need to use proper coding in order for your the editor's built in browser to display properly.

Yep, Dreamweaver is preferred for wysiwig editors but if you ask which is more professional. Neither.It is more professional to use a text editor, insert proper comments in your code, line up your tags the way YOU want them to appear and have a good feeling that you know what every single character in your code is for.

I do like Dreamweaver for managing the FTP for all my sites and for times when I need to make a template based site design. (usually for the larger sites)

for the most part you are correct that using a text is somewhat professional. again though your coding needs to be flawless of course text editors I ussually used for quick fixes and nothing more these days in the professional world of designing. Some profession designers still go the old school way due to the fact that in the early days of designing every html editor that came out 90% of them were junk, but when html standards became a big thing roughly in 2000-01 a lot of people started many editors by scratch again in order ti improve on the coding and just using the bare bones of current HTML standards and then left out the junk code. There are a few current html editors that still produce junk code but what can you do except clean it up.

I use dreamweaver, and the reason for using dreamweaver is that i find it easy to use and easy for new people to web design. I would recomend anyone starting web design to code layouts in dreamweaver.

I own http://www.techclave.com/ I have designed the site myself. I personally think dreramweaver is not as great as expression web. expression web is great. it is a advanced version of frontpage to be precise. it has a simply user interface with less graphic interface. all the options are at accessible places. i designed the whole site using expression web. i would recommend it to anyone newbie or even a pro.

if u wanna have full control on html editing and simple wysiwyg gui, then use dreamweaver. notepad and any text editor are very good for the one who has deep knowledge on html, in contrast frontpage try to hide all html mystery by using it's GUI.if we compare someone who start learning web authoring, all of dreamweaver starter will have good knowledge on html, frontpage user will only remember how to use the software and not even know html.so if u want to learn html and web authoring in one packet, use dreamweaver.cheers,

I use Dreamweaver CS3. I like it because it supports all the new advancements in Web Designing. Also, it works well withphotoshop, because it is easy to transfer objects from PS and incorporate them into Dreamweaver.

I use Macromedia Studio 8 With Dreamweaver 8 Fireworks 8 Flash 8 etc.. I've used Dreamweaver CS3 but it is not user friendly they changed most of the common buttons and linked it somewhere else it's a big file too! Took me half hour to uninstall it! And I have 2 GIGA RAM

I have never used front page. But i find dream weaver to be a great program. It is very user friendly and not to hard to learn. There a re a few basic things you need to know and then everything should be great. And you can even learn to get into more complicated stuff with it to which is also really great.

dreamweaver is awesome. Can't do without it. That's why I've been looking for a linux counterpart but with no success. got dreamweaver 4 working with the help of wine but I'd rather code in notepad (seriously). Anybody know of a good web development software for linux? And has anyone tried dreamweaver cs3 yet?

Well I think that Dreamweaver is better (atleast for me). Dreamweaver is more professional than FrontPage, but FrontPage is more user-friendly and easier to use. But on the other hand, Dreamweaver is more efficient and has more scripts and stuff like that, and it has support towards other software that are also needed in designing/developing your website... I don't know, that's my own opinion, don't know about you :D

Dream Weaver is best of aal i like it so much ,,,,,,,specially when u are creating a php web page and site builder will help u to create a dynamic cool web site..u see when creating s CSS page all properties got pop up when u write any selector and i think the best ever feuture of Dream Weaverhey what about the new version of dreamweaver

I use dreamweaver CS3 and photoshop cs3. Its great, and it's also cool how you can edit with photoshop with the button in CS3, so its really integrated. Dreamweaver is really fast for me too, it doesn't take long for things to open and such. Also, I love how it's so easy to upload!

Personally, I use macromedia dreamweaver 8:) I've tried loads of other programs that are great aswell but mac dreamweaver is my fav by far:)