xisto Community
Brian

Dreamweaver Or Front Page Or Other? whichs more professional user-friendly

Dreamweaver or Front page or other?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well if Dreamwaver and Front Page are web page creators, which I think they are, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Then it has to be notepad. There's nothing like the satisfaction of knowing you put the most effort you could into creating that page

100% you.

:D

Dreamweaver has given me the amount of satisfaction that no software has done. I have been able able to design sites in minutes because of it. It has great compatilbility with other software of its own like fireworks and flash, so its 100% easy to manuver between them. Even though there is a high price, i recommened it to anyone, even someont who just got into webdesign. J in the MB

Dreamweaver MX is very good and its got almost everything you need to make a webpage but i dont know why i still use Frontpage :D i have only used Dreamweaver for certain things like when im editing PHP but when im working with HTML i think Frontpage is easier. But i like both its just Frontpage adds useless codes thats the only problem...

Fun4 The Money

i use dreamweaver MX2004.

front page is awful... i mean really awful, its utter crap, BUT its easy to use. frontpage makes building web pages as easy as creaing word docs. however, its not very standards compliant and from a professional point of view, it shouldnt be used.

if you want to be professional, use dreamweaver... its "industry standard". its what all the pro's use I guess.

there are probably some other editors out there that are just as good as DW tho. but its best to hand code your pages (i do - in DW's code view)... thats professional. as this gives you total control and its also helpful if you are using a programming language or complicated scripted language.

40730[/snapback]

I LOVE Dreamweaver. :P Frontpage STINKS! ;) Search engines don't like frames, which is a Front Page mainstay.

If you don't want to spend any money at all, and you don't mind the work, you can use Internet Explorer to design web pages (View/Source). That's also a great way to learn HTML and meta tags. Find a site you admire and view their source code to see what they're doing right.

Suz

I'm sorry to disagree with so many people, but for the kind of web designing I do, Frontpage XP works just great for me. I think one of the main reasons why is that I don't usually utilize such things as Flash or Fireworks, but generally stick to basic HTML or PHP. Plus, I'm a visual designer as well as pretty lazy, so Frontpage's simple interface works well for me, especially since I can switch between the editing, HTML, and web versions of any html document, plus makes it easier to edit php files when I "paste" it to an html document for ease of editing and movement. I also like the fact that, in the HTML view, it has all the coding color coded, so I can see at a glance if I have all tags closed and such.

dreamweaver MX..is the best....it has no competition....when i started web designing i used frontpage....and it was good for a start...but....later on i started to use dreamweaver....and i'm amazed;)

I'm sorry to disagree with so many people, but for the kind of web designing I do, Frontpage XP works just great for me.  I think one of the main reasons why is that I don't usually utilize such things as Flash or Fireworks, but generally stick to basic HTML or PHP.  Plus, I'm a visual designer as well as pretty lazy, so Frontpage's simple interface works well for me, especially since I can switch between the editing, HTML, and web versions of any html document, plus makes it easier to edit php files when I "paste" it to an html document for ease of editing and movement.  I also like the fact that, in the HTML view, it has all the coding color coded, so I can see at a glance if I have all tags closed and such.

52102[/snapback]

i can see you haven't ever tried a DreamWeaver ;) All options that you have specified DreamWeaver has it and even more... FrontPage makes your code massy and not valid... Dreamweaver MX uses CSS which is great for me...

Well i use dreamweaver and actually own a legal copy :PI've never used front page, only seen screenm shots. I've also heard bad things about it too. also from looking at the screen shots it looks alot less user friendly.Dreamweaver for me was quite easy to egt used too. it took a little bit of messing around with sites i opened with it, but i sussed it in the end. Now i find it alife saver. Its justified as the industry standard.Firefox cocks some pages up tho :D, where as IE shows them perfectly ;)so much for that firefox propaganda "webdesigners have to spend extra time makign sites work for IE which wastes time and money! blah blah blah"

DreamWeaver is designed for those who are looking for a high-end PHP, ASP, Coldfusion and multi-purpose scripting language program. Frontpage, on the other hand only makes use of HTML. FrontPage is the best for those who want to learn how to use programs to make websites instead of using text editors. However, to judge which one is better, Dreaweaver is ultimately the best. It has all the elements of FrontPage, and includes PHP, ASP, and a handful of other features. A bad thing about FrontPage is that it doesn't follow the w3c guidelines for Strict HTML and CSS layout, so often, HTML pages generated by FrontPage are not HTML Scritct, but rather suit the way Interent Explorer works.

DreamWeaver is designed for those who are looking for a high-end PHP, ASP, Coldfusion and multi-purpose scripting language program. Frontpage, on the other hand only makes use of HTML. FrontPage is the best for those who want to learn how to use programs to make websites instead of using text editors. However, to judge which one is better, Dreaweaver is ultimately the best. It has all the elements of FrontPage, and includes PHP, ASP, and a handful of other features. A bad thing about FrontPage is that it doesn't follow the w3c guidelines for Strict HTML and CSS  layout, so often, HTML pages generated by FrontPage are not HTML Scritct, but rather suit the way Interent Explorer works.

52745[/snapback]

I use Dreamweaver to make the HTML pages, but never to PHP or ASP. And I can say, its the best I've used before.