xisto Community
Brian

Dreamweaver Or Front Page Or Other? whichs more professional user-friendly

Dreamweaver or Front page or other?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have started using Frontpage... and now I am using Dreamweaver... I think both are good...

Hey don't vote like this "Both are Good" either say DREAMWEAVER or FRONTPAGE is the best choose for me please. Because no such option was there in that :lol: .

i use dreamweaver MX2004.
front page is awful... i mean really awful, its utter crap, BUT its easy to use. frontpage makes building web pages as easy as creaing word docs. however, its not very standards compliant and from a professional point of view, it shouldnt be used.

if you want to be professional, use dreamweaver... its "industry standard". its what all the pro's use I guess.

there are probably some other editors out there that are just as good as DW tho. but its best to hand code your pages (i do - in DW's code view)... thats professional. as this gives you total control and its also helpful if you are using a programming language or complicated scripted language.

Macromedia Dreamweaver have More Options than this 1 !

also its more easy with it, i think MX is not good for creating webs.

I use Dreamweaver MX 2004 cause it's the more professional then others, I don't know why you put Dreamweaver behind frontpage.. :lol:

I use both frontpage and dreamweaver.I like frontpage because it has many templates/themes and it looks quite user friendly and easy to use,and i have been using since long time so i feel more comfortable with it,but macromedia is more powerfull in some areas like it has suppport for many languages like php,asp,also has all features of frontpage,but im new to it so doesnt find it easy to get working with it,what more i can get from dreamweaver please someone tell me,so that i can completely switch to it

Edited by sourabhj (see edit history)

For a program to make a website without having to know any code, i would go with Dreamweaver. However, you will get the best looking sites with the most features and the easiest to edit if you just learn some HTML. I use php and sql for my sites now since you can just include files making them easy to edit and also most of my content is stored in a database so that with future upgrades the content wont have to be re-entered. To make any website, i use the Eclipse IDE with the HTML and PHP plugins. They work wonders and are very easy to install and use.

see i was doing the website for my school and they had frontpage on the computers so i was used to that. after a while they put dream on there and i didn't want to teach myself how to use it so i stuck with fronpage or just righting html script on notepad. it looks like i need to check out dream.

I use Smultron, a free text editor for the Mac OSX Tiger. It is not a WYSIWYG editor but it does have colored text. I like it because it is simple and has "tabs." And I don't have any problems with it as it doesn't try to correct anything I type in, though it does have spell check.

In my opinion, Dreamweaver is good for a newbie. Frontpage should be avoided because it's even worse than Dreamweaver. I recommend using an editor like Eclipse IDE or Aptana IDE. The reason for this is that hand-coding XHTML is much easier than using a WYSIWYG editor because there is less concern for W3C validation and cross-browser problems.Dreamweaver uses XHTML and CSS the improper way. The reason is that a good practice nowadays is that there should be no mark-up that modifies how the element is shown. CSS should do that job. there's a saying now that goes: "Separate content from styles". Meaning HTML should just contain pure content and CSS should modify how the HTML appears. To be able to know that you've done this properly, if you unlink the css file from the HTML and you just get text and images in a white background, then you've done it.

I was planning on useing frontpage until I saw the price. Then i went after Dreamweaver but couldn't find it. So I got Namo and I'm begining to think it's better than both frontpage and dreamweaver. From checking out info on frontpage and dreamweaver it looks like Namo has almost all of the features from both.Here's a list of just a few things for those of you who may be interested.-Auto Server-side Script Creation for ASP, PHP, JSP-Database Connections for ODBC, MySQL, TCP/IP, and JDBC-Site Tree-Media Wizard-Opening a File from an FTP server/saving a file to an FTP server-Various DB formats-Dynamic Chart Creation-Quick Publish-XHTML

I know what you meen. I didn't start useing a program until a few months ago and even now I still type some of my own code. Anyway the main reason for us getting these programs is to increase our productivity. They really speed up your work so that if you work as a part-time developer you can produce more sites faster and make more profit.

hell doesn't anyone do it the old fashion way any more. who needs these programs

People say Notepad is "the best" or something like that. But maybe these people are not that great at making professional websites. I don't mean to say it's not possible, of course it is! But nevertheless it's much better to use an IDE to increase productivity. A good IDE is something that should have syntax coloring, automated references and auto completion.

I could use notepad but won't it be easier to differentiate between tags and actual text? Notepad is monotone and gets kinda hard to read when you have a lot of coding in a page, especially when the codes are messy.

If you like to hand-code HTML then use Aptana. It's a good IDE for hand-coders. It's got a nice reference for HTML, CSS and Javascript. It also has a project explorer.

Another one is Eclipse IDE, if you also use PHP.

i keep a list of tags a code that i think will work. that way if i am working on a page i will copy and paste the code i need. just as efficient. i haven't made many sites just a hand full that don't even have a domian. like my schools website. personal website assignment for my school. strictly notepad. after a while you get the hang of it. but i am really organized that is a plus.