xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kubi

Reservation Rewards - A Scam!

Can I contact this customer service to get my refund?Reservation Rewards - A Scam!Replying to iGuestHi,I just noticed I have been slapped by this 12 dollar charges from Reservation Rewards which I am not sure how or what I bought in the internet. I just noticed it now and they have been charging me. Can I contact the email add I saw in your blog? I want it stopped but I am not sure how to go about it? Please help, I am overseas and can only have access to my bank account through internet.Latoya andRep ID# 59361The Reservation Rewards TeamCustomerservice@reservationrewards.Com1-800-732-7031Thanks a lot!Carol-reply by Reservation Reward

They got me too... Orbitz.Com... I was buying a trip for my grandparents.

For the record, I didn't sign up for anything or authorize any charges or agree to any TOS through this company.  I did give all that information to orbitz though to buy the tickets.  I know it's orbitz because I set up this dummy email account to use for orbitz because I suspected I could get junk.  They pretty much stole (or in my opinion probably bought) my information from orbitz and tried to go under the radar.

Class Action anyone??

Either way, I'm never using orbitz again or moviefone for that matter.  And I travel on business/take vacations quite often and I'm in charge of quite a few local events here in Chicago.  So it's a bit satisfying to take that money out of their pockets.

RESERVATION REWARDS - DEFINITELY A SCAM!!!! BE CAREFUL SHUTTERFLY Reservation Rewards - A Scam!

I am so upset too! I recently noticed $12 charges on my credit card statement. CHASE couldn't do anything for me because they called Reservation Rewards and all my info was verified in the system so basically, I was slapped with SEVERAL charges without even knowing just because I used SHUTTERFLY. This is definitely a scam and I will NEVER use SHUTTERFLY.COM because Reservation Rewards is associated with it and that is how I am now faced with paying for something I NEVER paid for! We all need to spread the word and get SHUTTERLY and all the other websites to take responsibility as well! 

-reply by Billie

rewards scamReservation Rewards - A Scam!

my wife and I just found this scam on our credit card this morning.We have repeatedly tried to get in contact with these people.We have been switched from one # to the next.I feel all of your pain.If I do find anyway to get this problem resolved I will certainly give out the info.I will be contacting the dept. Of agriculture fraud division here in fla.God BLESS. 

-reply by wrmy1

Protect yourself use a credit cardReservation Rewards - A Scam!

If you used a Credit Card and the charges appear on your account, call or write to your credit Card bank and file for an unauthorized charge.  They will do all the legwork and get your money back.  If you used a check or a debit card, then you are in for a battle since banks policy is that if you give your checking account number out, then you are giving them permission to withdraw from your account, and they will not help you.  Remember AOL, free but give us your checking account number and routing code in case you exceed your free hours?  Kind of scam, even back then.  Rule of thumb, don't use a debit card for shopping, and don't write checks unless you absolutely have to.  Use a credit card and pay the balance of each month.  Get a rewards card so you get the convienence and some cash back.  In the age of electronic banking, you can set up automatic minimum payments and then just initiate manual payments for the rest of the balance. Protect yourself, forget the debit card.

-reply by Jmac

My experience: Worked for me for nowReservation Rewards - A Scam!

I dunno about you guys but it worked for me. It was a couple of months ago that I bought a game from ebgames (their partner) and when Iput my order through I saw the add on the site (it comes whenever you buy a game from ebgames) the ad, and I clicked on it to see if its fake or not. But it said that They are partners with ebgames so I went on and signed up for it with my credit card. Anyway at that time I wasnt aware of the $12/month. I thought it was free. Anywho I finally got my $20 in the mail and I was really impressed. But a couple of days or weeks later when I was gonna pay my credit card and I saw the $12 charge and thats when I got scared and I cancelled my credit card and account. And it has been around 4 months now and they haven't chrarged me a penny through my credit card. So today I was pre-ordering two games so I decided to open up my accout at reservation rewards again so I can get $40 this (even though I have to pay $12) time around. So just 15 min ago I sent my recept to them and I'm gonna see if they will send it to me again, which I'd be surprised if they don't because of my experience. 

But ya I just wanted to post this to let people know that its legit. But then again its your choice and you can do whatever you want. If anyone has any questions I'll be glad to help just email me at: bbr11@rogers.Com

p.S. I just wanna add to let the people who got charged the $12 to know that it is obvious that you get charged $12/month but if you don't use the site properly ofcourse it's gonna be a rip off. Personnaly the biggest thing that attracted me to use this site was that when I buy games from ebgames.Com I can get $20 back for each receipt that I send to them. And like I said before I did receive the $20 check in mail a couple of weeks afterwards. 

peace out

-reply by Bobby

I just noticed Reservation Rewards was taking $10.00 out of my account since May of 2007! Their rep. Told me I had made a purchase in May of 2007 at Shoplet. Shoplet said I had signed up with the purchase by filling out a pop-up.  Upon viewing the Shoplet website today, I noticed a place where you could type in your website to receive promtionals and coupons.  When I filled in a fictitious website(today) and pressed go, the next page said thank you for subscribing!  Unbeknownst to me they started taking out $10.00 since May 07.   There was no fine print no nothing.  Reservation Rewards got my bank number from Shoplet.  I can't believe they get away with that.  Do you suppose Reservation Rewards pays Chase?  Chase was rude telling me I should have noticed on my statement.  My husband had been very sick and died during this time.

-reply by Mia Rice

Reservation Rewards scam...Reservation Rewards - A Scam!

I recieved this $12 charge on my account as well. I was going to start going through my bank for fraud activity, but they finally found the number on this website for Reservation rewards (800-732-7031). I called them and went straight to a rep...I told the rep that I had a charge going through on my account for the $12 and I didn't authorize it, I had purchased a hotel room on orbitz.Com then it asked me to sign up for this *FREE* service so I did. I firmly told the rep I wanted this service canceled and my $12 refunded. She asked for some verifying information to locate my account, canceled my service, sent me a confermation email and is refunding my money. The seem like they get this alot, so if you have this problem just call them up and stand your ground!

Good luck to everyone on getting refunds.

-reply by Michelle

Hi,

Had the same problem. I had ordered tickets at usairways.Com, and somehow RR got my credit card information. I was billed for $12 for 7 months. I called them 15 minutes ago. Upon my request RR immediately cancelled my membership, but I insisted that I want a full refund. After a short dispute the lady agreed to refund me 6 months of payments, that's all she is authorized to do.  I still would like all my money back, but at the same time I don't have time nor energy for the last $12.

I am upset that this scam was possible on the official US Airways website. I promise that I will check my credit card statements much better in the future, I did not see it for 7 months!

We'll see if I get my money back.

Mr. Joe

Refunded 6 months worthReservation Rewards - A Scam!

I purchased some tickets to a concert on Etickets and some how got this charge. This was 6 months ago, and it has been drawing $12 per month since.  I'm a 19 year old and granted I don't pay attention to my bank statement as I should, however I do now. In my bank statement, I was given the phone number minus the last 2 digits. (am I supposed to guess?)  Thanks to this thread I have been able to call the company and request cancellation and a full refund for the past 6 months

-reply by Steven

RESERVATION REWARDS SCAMReservation Rewards - A Scam!Ok I agree it was my fault for not noticing this until today. I realized that I didn't charge anything for 12.00 today on 7/17/09. Looking back saw it was since 4/13/09, called the bank couldn't get a number. The bank rep had me google reservation reward, first thing to pop up was RESERVATION REWARD SCAM. I opened and wow, got very irate not with the bank rep but to see so many other people have been affected. Then the bank rep told me I could go back 18 months online. To my amazement I've been charged 12.00 each month since 10/14/08, $120.00 total. I flew off the handle. I want to thank all of you who have shared your stories, otherwise I would be in the dark. Oh yes I called and they are refunding all of it. Iam a college student, not living on campus working a part time job, so yeah 12.00 is a lot. Thanks for listening, I feel better now that I've vented. Highly upset, when I called the guy said I signed up through FANDANGO, no I didn't I bought two movie tickets, for madea's A Family That Preys.-reply by Ravon

Reservation RewardsReservation Rewards - A Scam!

I, too, haven't been checking my statement often enough but will from now on. I "signed up" for Reservation Rewards when I bought movie tickets a year ago from Fandango, they tell me. As others have noted, they were happy to cancel the membership and refund the last six monthly charges of $12 each. When I asked about getting a refund for the first six charges, I was told I'd get an "exception request" via email and once I completed it I'd get the rest back. If you've been told you can only get six months' worth of refund, maybe try asking for an "exception request."

Reserv Rewards ScamReservation Rewards - A Scam!Replying to iGuestWell, those of you receiving your refunds I congratulate you as they absolutely refused to refund my money. This is the second time they have tagged my account, once last year on a plane ticket and just this past month on FTD buying my mother's birthday flowers. They did cancel my account but refused to refund the money. I have informed my bank of the scam and that this is an ongoing problem. Remember, they have your information now and will tag you again. The first time it tagged when I tried to X-out of their pop-up, this time I didn't even get a pop-up, it just tagged me. They tried to tell me the first time that they sent me an email and because I did NOT respond it automatically confirmed the account. I never received the email due to my spam blocker. These scam scum are operating just at the edge of legality so it is difficult to stop them. If the banks would put them on a block list it would make a lot of difference. I'm hoping my bank will be able to block them from doing this again as it costs me $12 every time these ****** illegally tag my account. I believe the proper legal term is unjust enrichment, they have taken money without authorization and without providing any service or other compensation in return.-reply by Melanie

Yes, you are right. My wife bought plane tickets. I checked my bank statement and they took out

$12.00  twice. Called and cancelled but only got the last refund not the first. A big scam and rip off

Reservation Rewards SCAM !!!!! BewareReservation Rewards - A Scam!I noticed a $12 fee on my credit card statement, and when I called (07-27-09) (800-732-7031) the representative advised me that the $12 fee had originally started on 03-21-09 when I made a purchase on Cheap Tickets.Com . .. I think they should know that they are partnering with SCAM artists! I complained about the charge, and finally asked to be directed to a supervisor or manager and the Rep advised me that that would not be necessary and I would receive (5) individual refunds of $12 each. . . . As the person before me stated, call them up and stand your ground! Don't forget to check your credit card statements for fraudulent charges.-reply by JTurner