xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kubi

Reservation Rewards - A Scam!

Be safeReservation Rewards - A Scam!

I always use a prepaid card to try products and shop online that way I know either way they cant take out any more then what I agree too and if they don't accept prepaid cards then I don't make the purchase.. I'm just glad I looked up this "reservation rewards" crap before I wasted my time trying to get something that wasn't real. Then again I am not losing anything anyhow since I get paid to try products and shop online.

Replying to iGuest

This is bull****. You try to be as prudent as possible and someone still finds a way to swindle you. Get a real job and start contributing to the GDP instead of stealing from honest individuals. I just found out that I was charged over 100$ by this company. Not sure what the outcome is going to be.

Reservation Rewards is not a scamReservation Rewards - A Scam!

You people are all idiots! It's not a scam you just have to learn how to read.  As soon as I clicked on the $10 cash back coupon on shutterfly.Com it brought me to the Reservation Rewards page. The website even talks to you if you have your speakers on. The page informs you about the service and all it's great benefits(I use them ALL the time) and goes into the full billing details before joining.  How point blank does something have to be for someone to actually read it.  My God. People are always trying to get something for nothing.  Now they are getting sued, and what's the big deal.  AOL got sued and people still use them. You people are just dumb and need to get over your selves. There are no check boxes to fill out and there customer service staff is the kindest and most courteous bunch I have ever had to deal with.  As a business owner myself I have spoken to many call centers before and these people are so willing to help you if you just give them a chance to talk.  I actually signed up for one of there other services by mistake, Shopper Discounts and Rewards.  When I called I spoke to a girl named Aggie and she was so understanding.  All I had to do was give her my member number and tell her I wanted to cancel because I didn't mean to sign up and she said not a problem and just did it.  I was on the phone with her for less than two minutes.  She was the best person I have ever spoken too.  All I am saying is that you people need to put the blame on yourselves and take responsibility.  Seriously, how can a company know all your information like your name, email address, and where you shopped the day your membership was joined, with out you even joining?  Think about it. 

Replying to iGuest-webloyalty

I just found this on my cc also. They only refunded 2 months worth and I had to fill out a affidavid to get the rest back... There is also a legal action suit against them. http://www.webmarketingsettlement.com/. They could only tell me what date I signed up for it and couldnt tell me a confirmation response back from myself. They got me since september but between the affidavid and settlement I should be getting back most of what they took.To the emailer from the company I don't know how you could say that this is not a Scam.. Automatically signing you up and not mentioning any auto pay is in no way a legit way to conduct business

-reply by Scott

Shutterfly-Reservation RewardsReservation Rewards - A Scam!

DO NOT USE SHUTTERFLY, THEY are scamming people daily when they have partnered with Reservation Rewards to receive $10.00 off an order.  Your credit card information gets hijacked to Reservation Rewards, and they start charging you on a monthly basis.  I just found out I have been a member for three months and was being charged 12.00 a month.  What a scam!!  I am so angry at Shutterfly, and called to voice my complaints and they are obviously outsourcing their customer service to India, and they were like talking to a blackboard!  I am ashamed at Shutterfly and their Corporate Big Boys, pretty shady way of doing and building a business which I have been using.  I am disgusted that they would do this to their customers.  Shame On THEM!!

-reply by Jackie

Reply to i-GuestReservation Rewards - A Scam!

My reply to I-Guest:

Of course they were nice to you!  Ever heard of a wolf in sheep's clothing?  These people know exactly what they are doing.  I got suckered into the same thing myself when I signed up for Classmates.Com.  I was really disappointed that Classmates was involved in such a thing because I had really enjoyed using their services otherwise.  Yes, I admit, perhaps I should have been more careful by reading the fine print and paying closer attention to my credit card statements.  It was several months before it actually dawned on me that these charges from Reservation Rewards and Shopper's Discounts were not something I had signed up for, but a scam.  When it finally dawned on me that something was amiss, I also typed "Reservation Rewards" in a search engine.  When dozens and dozens of websites about angry people who had been scammed came up, my eyes flew open wide.  

Now honestly, it really scares me that these people are checking up online to see what comments are out there about them.  Whatever happened to freedom of speech?  This is America.  You can say anything you want about any company you want.  It doesn't mean everyone has agree with you but you do have that right.  I also checked Webloyalty companies out with the Better Business Bureau and found they only have a mediocre rating due to the high volume of customer complaints.  Maybe some people like to use their services, but the majority of people who have had contact with Reservation Rewards have not had a good experience.  I feel, and many would agree with me, that the way you get signed up for their services is very misleading.  You think that this $10.00 coupon is being offered by the company you are doing business with.  You don't realize that the offer is being made by an entirely different company.  Yes, perhaps Americans need to learn how to read the fine print better.  Perhaps the reason that companies like Reservation Rewards are doing so well is because they are counting on the fact that many Americans just aren't that bright.  Personally I prefer to earn a living by doing an honest day's work, not by laying in wait and counting on others to slip up, but hey, that's just me.

Anyhow, these people did cancel my membership and now I have to fill out some form to request a refund for all the money I lost.  Who knows if I'll get that.  I did have an idea, however.  How about alerting one of those news shows like 20/20 or Dateline?  Do you suppose they might want to do a show about this sort of thing?  Alerting other consumers to scams like these might not be a bad idea.  I would hate to see others go through what I had to.  Does anyone else out there think that's a good idea?  Or should I just chalk it up to experience?  Well, good luck everyone.  Be safe out there!

By the way, I-Guest, I doubt if you "accidentally" signed up for Reservation Rewards.  You got duped just like everyone else.  

-reply by J.W.

This not exactly a scam but a question of trust. Basically you trust one web commercecompany and you provide your email and cc details. When that company gives thisinformation to reservation rewards that starts billing you a monthly fee with no authorisationthere are 2 faulty parties, the first web commerce and of course Reservation Rewards.Both should be sued for different reasons. Sure, you can read all the fine print you want, thefact that it exists is just proof of a really sneaky way of ripping people off. What is thenet result of this greedy business parctice: web consumers have been cheated, lied to,their rights stripped and their money taken. Plan on buying anything else on the internet ?

You are completely wrong. Although you provide you c.C. Information to one company (such as Shutterfly), it is still illegal for a completely different business entity to obtain that same information without getting it directly from you. Both companies are performing illegal operations involving the sharing of your c.C. Information. The fine print on Reservation Rewards is moot. They broke the law.

Reservation rewards "scam"Reservation Rewards - A Scam!

I just discovered this as well as a post from CIC*Triple Advantage (14.95) on my account both going back for more than 3 months. Both claim legitimacy since at some point you do press a button/ link to accept "free trial." of course I should have been more vigilant and caught this earlier but it's still disgusting because you really have no idea that you have bought a service and a shame because I love the convenience of purchasing over the internet and this kind of puts you off.  the reservation rewards scam (since that is what this is) seems worse since they are receiving your credit card details from another company.  Over the telephone reservation rewards offered 2 months back without any fuss.  CIC gave back 2 months immediately and then 1 more after getting put through to a supervisor. Both give out a form to fill in to claim for expenses going back further.  

check this link for the CIC scam and copy and paste to the RR one:

http://www.knowzy.com/Personal_Finance/Credit/Credit_Monitoring_Is_A_Rip_Off-StepByStep-Canceling_CIC_TripleAdvantage.htm

Reservation rewards "scam"Reservation Rewards - A Scam!

Replying to Kubi

I had the same type of charge ($12) on a Kingsizedirect credit card. When I called the credit card company they told me the reservtion rewards had done it. I called "rewards" and was told that the credit card people had done it. They told me they gave credit to the card. I than called the credit card company back and canceled the card as I had a $0. Balance. Five hours later I called the "rewards" back to check on the credit and was told they would credit the charges ??? I told them it was done that morning. Than I was told they would do it again and I was given a Control Number and it would show up on the card in three days. They are good. They are scam--liers--and the people that answer the phone are in it up to their necks. I have filed a report with three state A.G. Office. Good luck in getting these off. Unless you use letter in the mail and copy the three credit card reporting companys it will not happen untill you sceam the state law enfrocement offices.

-feedback by Gordon

Got Scammed when I or my wife bought tickets onlineReservation Rewards - A Scam!

We are in the process of dealing with our bank now about this. Appears that either my wife bought tickets during Valentines day or when I bought my Watchmen tickets that we got jinked into this scam and received our first $12 charge. As I post this my wife is going to argue the charge and have the account canceled. 

-reply by Patrick

Reservation Reward ScamReservation Rewards - A Scam!Replying to iGuestI bought air ticket from Orbitz on 1/23/2009. I vaguely remember there was this reseravation reward scheme but it the page claim that registration is absolutely free!I hardly check my credit card statement. But fortunately enouh I checked today and found that Reservation Rewards had charged me twice $12 each time :( :(I called my credit card company and they directed me to the Reservation Reward. I cancelled my membership. Hopefully this will work.Now, I remmeber that after I bought my ticket my crredit card was cancelled in February 2009 because the company thought that it was compromised !I have a new card now. But If Reservation Rewards is the one for which my card got cancelled how did they charge me on the new card ?????

Reservation Rewards SCAMReservation Rewards - A Scam!

I just noticed these charges on my Visa bill this morning!! I called my credit card provider immediately and reported this charge as unauthorized, unknown to me, and possibly fraudulent. The Visa Agent stated that this company was known to them as they had received HUNDREDS of calls from customers reporting this same charge of $12.00 USD per month on their statements. More times than not, the charges had been coming through for several months before the cardholder noticed them!! That was the case in my situation...Although I have always prided myself as a very scrutinizing and shrewd consumer!! Not so in this case... I can't beleive this happened right under my nose and I hadn't noticed it before now. I requested to cancel my credit card so that future charges could not be processed. THIS WAS THE MOST SHOCKING NEWS OF ALL...CANCELLING MY CREDIT CARD WOULD NOT STOP THE DEBITS FROM PROCESSING ON MY NEW CARD! These charges are considered to be "Pre-Authorized Payments" and as such, cannot be cancelled by the credit card company. "Pre-Authorized Payments" are carried over to a new card automatically and will continue until cancelled by the company doing the billing. The Visa Agent told me that I had to contact the Rewards Company directly to ask for a refund and cancel this supposed "Pre-Authorized Debit" to my card. Visa had previously checked into the complaints, but "Reservation Rewards", stated that the customer had agreed to these charges when accessing various websites...In my case, it was Expedia.Com, to purchase an airline ticket through them last October. When making the reservation online, I chose NOT to take the additional coverage for cancellation insurance. The website would NOT allow me to continue with the reservation without taking this coverage!! I tried several times but no luck...So I reluctantly agreed to take the additional coverage at the cost of $44 just so I could complete my booking. Well, I guess that was where the site transferred my credit card info to Reservation Rewards...Because the $12 charge from them has appeared on my credit card statement ever since! After speaking with my credit card agent, I decided to Google this company and was horrified to see and read all the sites stating that this company and their "sneaky" method of "stealing" folks money through these BOGUS charges, was a known SCAM. I called the Rewards Company and, just as others have confirmed, the Customer Service Rep agreed Immediately to refund my money and cancel the automatic debit!! Amazing!! I did not hesitate to tell her that I was livid about this matter and would be sending letters to the US Attorney General and the Canadian Consumer Protection Bureau, as I live in Canada. She promised me that the refund would show on my credit card in the next 2-4 business days. I'm holding my breath until I see the money back in my pocket!! Something MUST be done to stop this company and all others like them... It may not be classified as FRAUD but it definately is a clear cut case of THEFT!-reply by KayBee

Reservation Rewards ScamReservation Rewards - A Scam!Replying to wordpress_loverReplying to wordpress_loverCANCELLING YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL NOT STOP THE CHARGES!!. My Visa company stated that this charge is classified as a "Pre-authorized Payment" and as such, will automatically be transferred to a new card...So don't waste your time and the inconvenience of having to get a new card...It won't stop the problem!! You have to contact the Rewards Company direct and request a refund and cancellation of the debit to your card.-reply by Kaybee

Reservation Rewards (Fandango)Reservation Rewards - A Scam!

Replying to Kubi

The same thing just happened to me! I just realized for the past year I've been getting charged $10/month for a subscription to Reservation Rewards. I called and found out it was because I purchased some movie tickets online. They said that they were offering a free 10 day subscription to their rewards program and I was automatically enrolled (at $10/mo) if I did not cancel. Huh? All I wanted was some damn tickets. I called my bank and they refused to help stating there was nothing they can do! Not only will I never use anything affiliated with Reservation Rewards (I.E., Fandango) but I will also cancel my Wells Fargo checking and business accounts!

-reply by Feeling Ripped Off