xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kubi

Reservation Rewards - A Scam!

Well it was so good that you received $24 in return to your $12 that was taken. It is ammazing that you received money that too with the jackpot of double your money. I had only losses so far as far as the online money making scheme is concerned. I never got the benefit at all. I have invested from my credit card and all that I got back was the bills of my credit card and the site I invested turned out to be a scam. All that I can say is do not invest in what you do not know, as you can be scammed by the unknown easily.

Reservation Rewards Rip-OFFReservation Rewards - A Scam!Replying to KubiWe somehow got sucked into this billing fraud by purchasing tickets from Continental Airlines. I never joined anything ... In fact I remember DECLINING the offier to join. The billing $12/mo) has been going on since March for a total $120I have called them to cancel. I have asked for a refund. I have advised American Express that if another billing appears on their card the card will be cancelled.This is an easy ripoff to miss, a small amount buried in the details ... If you seeRESERVATIONREWARDS NORWALK ... On your statement - be aware that you being stolen from!-reply by Dave

Reservation Rewards ScamReservation Rewards - A Scam!Replying to iGuestThanks for the posts on this company. I was also charged $12 and enrolled for the monthly fee after clicking a box offering "discounts" on the Allegiant Air web site. Res Rewards was quick to cancel, and provide me with the info on how I got enrolled, but this was very spooky to have them get my debit card info in such an indirect manner.-reply by Steve Nelsen 

reservations rewards - a scamReservation Rewards - A Scam!

Replying to (G)lisi

I just noticed today that this organization had charged my account $10.  When I called to protest they immediately acknowledged my right to cancel and have promised a credit back to my account in 3-5 days.  This is actually fraud and I don't understand why they are not under indictment/investigation and still allowed to do business.

-reply by scott graham

I was looking @ my bank statement today (1/8/2010) and noticed a 10.00 charge from Reservation rewards? I called and they told me that my husband signed up for this after buying movie tickets back in June of (2007)***. So needless to say I'm mad. Since 6/2007 until now they have got $310.00 from me and I never noticed until it finally caught up with me cause my check book was off and I nsf on a few card purchases. Ooopppsss. We have never even used the account and my husband would never sign up for something that comes directly out of the bank acct. I called the company and they told me that he hand to enter his email in 2xs to confirm the transaction(***) yeah the transaction to buy the tickets not some other bs that I will never use. The lady on the phone told me that she would issue 6 refunds and taht is all she was auth to do. WHATEVER. I told her I wanted all $ back so she is sending me some "special" refund form via email to see if I can get all $ back. Thats another thing my husband or I have never rec emails from this company even advertising whatever it is that the do. FRAUD IS WHAT THEY DO!

AMANDA

Reservation Rewards ScamReservation Rewards - A Scam!

I just noticed a $12 dollar charge on my card today.  I called, canceled the membership, and was told a refund would be back on my card in 3 to 5 days.  I originally got "hooked up" with this company through orbitz while booking a trip online.  I did not see anything that mentioned membership charge nor did I ever agree to any charges at the time of sign up.  It was actually funny because when I canceled the account they sent me the information with my username and password on how to sign in to the account.  I agree with the first person who started this thread (thank you btw): if they were doing nothing wrong than it would not be so easy to get your money back.  If I had a question about a charge with my electric or cell phone or even cable service they would not refund me.  Something fishy here, nothing is free.  Again, thank you to the person who first started this page, if it was not for you I would not have gotten my money back.

-reply by Melissa

Reservation Rewards is NOT a ScamReservation Rewards - A Scam!

Hello everyone,

I only read a couple posts, but it sounds like most people are negative on this program.  I actually would like to say the opposite. I had signed up once before with them and cancelled in the 30 day window with no charges (but I did receive my $20 check).  However, this time I have stuck with the program for three main reasons...

1 ) You can buy 4 gift cards each month to gas stations and retailers such as Best Buy for 20% off.  That is 4 $25 gift certificates for $80!  That is $20 in savings every month right there (and who doesn't use $100 in gas a month now days?)

2 ) AMC movie tickets for $5 are way better than $10 at the theatre (plus they are good for ANY movie)

3 ) Every month you get points for staying a member.  These points essentially add up to a $50 gift card at the end of the year.

If everyone here is really trying to get something for nothing then no this is not for you.  But if you truly enjoy saving money and will utilize the program, it is more than worth the $12/month.

Plus their customer service is very responsive (at least it has been so far).

Dustin

not a scam you just have too read...Reservation Rewards - A Scam!

they don't automatically bill you...Its posted before you say confirm and it also says you can cancel at any time...I'm using it.. For evey 12.00 a month you earn 50pts and get  gift cards back ive gotten restaraunt gift cards for my pts and used them various places.. You can also ask for visa gift cards as well ..

-reply by michelle

It was the same with me and in google I can observe that they have been scamming many people for at least 5 years. This guy must be much more richer than Bill Gates by stealing!! I am sure that the scam came one time that I booked a travel package with Orbitz, at the end of the buying, it said something about Reservation Rewards, but nothing about having to pay $12 a month. This company takes advantage of considering themselves as legal since they send you an e-mail to your e-mail account and they give you one or two months free of charge. However, how many people ignore these trashy e-mails when they log into their e-mail accounts? I do. I remember that when I clicked I thought that it was something to get a stupid souvenir for when I went to my trip. Nothing of that! Another thing, how they tease people for a long time is that tat charge is included in our bank statements. However, as nowadays most of the people don't pay with cash, it is easy to ignore the amount of $12 and when you see it you think that it was some payment that you did sometime with your ATM card. The funny thing is that I didn't realize about the scam until I was abroad and stopped using my card. When I saw the charge of $12 dollars I started to wonder what the heck that was and to have a look at previous statements. What was my surprise when I saw myself charged for that "crap" (and I am sorry for my vocabulary, but that is what I though at the moment). Then, as many other people, I googled this Reservation Rewards Scam, and I was amazed by all the amount of people who were stolen by this company. I contacted with the company, and they told me that they had sent me several e-mails that demonstrated that I was accepting the conditions, as in one of the e-mails it said that I was free to cancel the service at any moment. That if I was in disagree with the service they could reimburse me 6 months (I was freaking out!) and if I continued in disagreement I could send them a Complaint paper or whatever. I was paid for the 6 months that they were stealing me. I never sent them my Complaint document as I am sure that it was going to be for nothing. Legally, these individuals have got their backs covered. What I have learnt from this experience is to avoid Orbitz whenever I need to buy a ticket, to take care with what I click in agreement and have a look at any trashy e-mail that I might have in my e-mail account. 

Reservation Rewards Credit Card ScamReservation Rewards - A Scam!

I too found a mysterious $12 charge on my CC from Reservation Rewards.  I checked December's statement and it was on there too, but I didn't noticed it at the time.  I disputed both charges thru my CC on-line.  I never signed up for anything to do with Reservation Rewards.  Why would I want to?  What's it for anyway? I bought two airline tickets back in November thru CheapOair.Com and don't recall ever okaying a membership for Reservation Rewards. Nor did  I never get an email from Reservation Rewards confirming any membership.  They just took the monthly payment out twice, that's it.  That's got to be illegal.  What's it supposed to be for anyway?!?!?

-reply by Calamity

This happened to me too... This charge had been slipping in to my account for over a year, they somehow got our details out of Orbitz.  I had never seen this before (assumed it was just part of the booking fees typically charged by orbitz, hotwire etc) until my card got cancelled due to other fraud.  They instantly offered 6 months refund, which I told them they better process, and they can also send out a form for further refunds if you ask for it (lady on the phone of course has no access to grant more... So she says).

If you want to get lawyers involved, their physical mailing address is:

webloyalty.Com101 Merritt 7Norwalk, CO. 06851

To the yet unnamed (G) who commented

"You are all a bunch of cry babies. This company is low yes... But you all are to blame for not reading what you are agreeing to. You are all suckered in by a free $10 in product.You are all a bunch of cry babies. This company is low yes... But you all are to blame for not reading what you are agreeing to. You are all suckered in by a free $10 in product."

I got into this scam without giving my credit card number to Reservation Rewards at any time and like the rest of the group was surprised to see the billing on my statement.

When did it become ethical to buy a product from one vendor and have your credit information forwarded to their partner without your consent?  Would it be OK for your local gas station to supply your CC info to the local car wash if you accept a coupon for a free wash? I don't think so.  Give your head a shake, these guys need to be pushed into obscurity and the way to do it is by postings like this and complaining to the corporations that they promote.

-reply by GuelphGuy

Reservations Reward ScamReservation Rewards - A Scam!

I just got hit with the $12 scam and luckily caught it right away. (January, 2010) - However, all I havebeen reading about this suggests that it happened when I purchased movie tickets from Fandango (per reservation rewards) BUT - neither I nor anyone else I know has ever used Fandango - this means that it actually came from somewhere else that we did use and that they are passing all of our personal financial info around - I.E., not just Fandango to Reservation Rewards, but from X to Y to who knows who else until it got to Fandango. How many more know all my stuff. THIS IS TRULY SCARY!

-reply by Terry Strain

I noticed today that Reservation Rewards charged me a $12 monthly fee. Like others here, I had no idea that I had agreed to pay any fees to Reservation Rewards. I thought that I was providing information in return for a discount on my next Ticketmaster.Ca purchase if I made it within 30 days. I called to complain and Reservation Rewards has promised me  a refund of the $12. I totally blame Ticketmaster.Ca for setting me up to be taken by this scam. This is sleazy business at best on the part of both Ticketmaster and Reservation Rewards.

-reply by Fred Roth

ALERT Reservation Rewards -- ScamReservation Rewards - A Scam!

Same thing happened to me. I (stupidly) clicked through to a 'free' offer after booking through SUPERSHUTTLE -- and that's all I did. Click through, didn't even bother to look at the 'free' offer properly. Then noticed $12/month being charged to my AMEX. I only just caught this, they've been charging my card since Nov 2009. I called them, they were suspiciously quick to refund the full amount. I also queried the most recent charges through AMEX. This is a total fraud -- cannot believe SUPERSHUTTLE gave them my credit card details. Won't use them again either. I'm just glad I noticed it now. 

-reply by Anonymous