xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kubi

Reservation Rewards - A Scam!

Phantom charge from Orbitz partnersReservation Rewards - A Scam!

Just got off the phone with them. It seems my wife made a purchase on Orbitz but has no idea who these guys are. I have a refund # because they charged me in December and January. I cannot believe Orbitz partners with these conartists.Anyhow, I will get my $24 back,or B of A will get it back for me. I wish she would have used AMEX. No worries with them.

-reply by James

FYE.COM ScamReservation Rewards - A Scam!

I had the same thing happen to me. I thought it was from a quote on a rental car through Orbitz, so I sent "Reservation Rewards" a nasty e-mail demanding my money back, and they sent a reply stating that I accepted a membership in the program after my purchase at FYE.COM. "Immediately next to the offer, the offer details were displayed, which included the agreement that after a trial period ended, we could bill the LOW monthly membership fee of $12.00 to the CREDIT CARD, DEBIT CARD, OR PAYPAL ACCOUNT you used for your transaction at FYE.Com".

1) I didn't sign up for anything, that was the one and only time that I bought anything from FYE,

2) why would I agree to pay a company that is going to take my information from a different transaction instead of getting my information directly.

This just doesn't sound right. They are refunding my $24, but I don't feel that justice has been done.

-reply by Angry

Two scams SHUTTERFLY and RESERVATION REWARDSReservation Rewards - A Scam!

Reservation Rewards IS A SCAM! TAKE MY WORD ON THAT!I bought some photos from Shutterfly. About 3 days later I noticed a $12 charge on my credit card from "Reservation Rewards 800 732-7031." I called to inquire about what it was... (and I still have no idea what product they sell or anything else about them.)

They told me it came from my Shutterfly transaction. Then I called both Shutterfly and the 800 number. Shutterfly consumer complaints are outsourced to India and I could not even understand what the guys were saying. The Reservation Rewards people said that they had cancelled my account and my money would be refunded. Well one month later - no cancellation and a new charge of $12. I am calling my bank now to withhold those two $12 payments to Reservation Rewards.And, furthermore, I will never, NEVER do business again with SHUTTERFLY!

-feedback by Gerald Crawford

Same deal with me, but I was a victim through Fandango.Com.  I let it go on for 12 months (I know, I should have checked my bills more closely, but I thought my wife was doing it and she thought...).  Anyway, I called them up, expecting to get ZIP out if it, and they IMMEDIATELY refunded all 12 $10 charges.  This just happened 10 minutes ago, so we will see if they come through with the credit.  

Alan in VA

-reply by Alan

Happened to me also. Found a 12 dollar charge on my bank statement. Looked up "RR" on the computer, found this site. Called them found out they had gotten my info from Gamestop.Com where I had ordered my kids games for Christmas. So I guess you don't have to reserve places to go for them to get your info. I called and they are refunding my money. I am so thankful I caught it early. Be careful out there.  

The lady told me I had signed up for Reservation rewards when I bought the games, but I would get a free 10 dollar off coupon to Gamestop...Are they kidding me!?!?! I hope more people find out about this, the country is in enough debt with out people just taking our hard earned money. Does anyone know if the media knows about this? I think I will check into this. My bargin Christmas shopping almost really got ugly. Be careful everyone and tell your friends and family!

Note to WebLoyalty Consumer AffairsReservation Rewards - A Scam!

It's very nice that you took the time to respond to Kubi, however asking someone to call a number to give more information when they have posted an item accusing you of a scam isn't very bright.  Might I suggest two customer service tips that will help your company rebuild it's reputation. 

1. Instead of asking for more information, give this board more insight into how your operation works, such as how the hell you got my go ahead to charge my account when I never saw a TOS, or was duped into signing a TOS from another site?

2. Maybe your company should think about a double opt in, where the user gets a verification notice of their account when signing up that they have to reply or click a link to complete the transaction.  In other words, why don't you make it more clear we are going to be charged?  

In case you want to respond to me direct, here's the information you had on file for me. Member since 12/5/08 (Have no idea how, maybe through PizzzaHut order).  Email address on the account davea  at kc.Rr.Com (which I never use on new accounts anymore and haven't for years, but still get mail there, which tells me it most likely was PizzaHut that guided me to your site). 

Dave - Kansas City

-reply by DaveKeywords:

Tried Contacting Reservation Rewards Reservation Rewards - A Scam!About one month ago, I was contacted by a credit card company. I had made reservations for a hotel room with this card. When the lodging billing came through, a $9.00 amount had been added. The credit card company suggested to follow-up on the charge. I did that!!I asked them to reply to an email. NO REPLY! I have seen on the internet index that reservation rewards is a scam. I requested them to make restitution of the 2 charges and make no more. I had asked that their reply would be forthcoming within two days. NOTHING!Once this is on the way, I will endeavor to make contact again. The State of Kansas has some strong Consumer Protection Laws. My next move will be to contact that Office.

I booked a flight through ORBITZ and they gave the info to Reservation Rewards which like everyone else charged my credit card $12.00. Be careful who you deal with out there this is not the first time ORBITZ has shared my info with a srcew company like Reservation Rewards. I did call RR and they said they would give me my money back. I will avoid ORBITZ Travel agency at all costs from now on.

I also got screwed by Reservation Rewards via Buy.Com.  I never signed up for anything or authorized a $12 per month purchase.  I just called and canceled, they agreed to refund my $ after an argument with the person on the phone.  This is ridiculous and as far as I'm concerned, downright robbery.

Reservation rewards -- robbers!Reservation Rewards - A Scam!

I saw $12 charges on my daughters mastercard bill. She's at college.  I called Res Rewards and said I wanted a refund -- for three months -- and they said yes with no argument. I asked how they got my card number and they said it was from CAMPUSFOOD.COM -- a company that is set up on many campuses to deliver food to students. By clicking for a  "free" $10 coupon you are signed up for this scam automatically.

It's telling that when you call Res Rewards the first option on their voicemail menu is to remove charges (or something like that).

I complained to Campusfood and I'm calling the Connecticut Attorney General's office.

-reply by dave harringtonKeywords:

Internet ScamReservation Rewards - A Scam!

I ordered pizza online from PIZZAHUT, this is where Reservation Rewards got my creditcard info from, and started to charge me $12 a month. Needless to say, I will never order pizza from Pizzahut again!

-reply by Mike

Descriptive Title for Opinion/FeedbackReservation Rewards - A Scam!

I bought credit on skype for international calling and now have charges from reservation rewards on my account. There was not even an advertisement for something afterwards that I accidentally clicked... It just appeared. 

-reply by jordanKeywords: reservation rewards scam

Reservation Rewards ScamReservation Rewards - A Scam!

Like the rest of you, I got that nasty little $12 a month charge on my credit card from Reservation Rewards. I apparantly signed up for this when I ordered a shipment of Cigars from Thompson Cigars. I remember that Thompson's had called me to give me a free gift. They called me on my cell phone, and I stupidly took the call while I was driving. Anyway, Thompson's asked me what free gift I wanted, I chose a free Humidor and they. Said I'd get a $10 gift too. 

Apparantly I put in my e-mail address twice and that locked me in. I called them to cancel my membership - I told them that I didn't know how I signed up for it or even what reservation rewards is. They did happily refund all of my money. I will say since Thompson's Cigar Company was behind this too, they have lost a customer and will be getting an earful from me when their call center opens up.

-reply by Cigar Guy

Tonight while preparing our tax return for year 2008 I found charges from Reservation Rewards for $12.00 a month without our knowledge. This is ridiculous and right, robbery.

I will surely contact Better Business Bureau and file a complaint. Also, I will find out who shared my credit card info, post it here, and never buy from them again.

-reply by Rachel

Reservation Rewards via Orbitz.com and I was involved in this frode!!!!!Reservation Rewards - A Scam!

I also got screwed by Reservation Rewards via Orbitz.Com. It's a very froude. Do attention your personal data! I'll never rent a car on Orbitz.Com.

-reply by Luciano