xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kubi

Reservation Rewards - A Scam!

Indentity teft and fraud- been scammed for years from Reservation Rewards- webloyalty.comReservation Rewards - A Scam!

Reservation Rewards is  A SCAM.It is beyond me thatthere are people there being paid to scam others and THEY are OK with it. Funny that they are brave enough to place their indetity on the internet, who knows when thesame will happen to them. The tough ecomony is not an excuse to scam people. And some of us can read and udnerstand their bills where elderly can't or wont pay attention. Only the thought of it is repulsing.

I just found out today that Reservation Rewards has been billing me for 3! years from my saving account, which I don;t ususally touch. The way they obtain  or are being sold your personal information is illegal by all legal criteria. Do not expect to see " Terms of  Conditions" as there is NONE.

After I called them and being transfered back and forth, Reservation Rewards emails me " Unauthorized Charge Affidavit" which I am suppose to sign ir order for thethem to refurn my money- we are talkin in the hudnreds here!

TO start  there is no company information on the Affidavit. The detaisl of the party responcible for the unauthorized Charge  are not reported. It is not clear which LEGAL ORGANISATION yo uare submitting your AFFIDAVIT to.

In Secsion 3 of this shady absolutely  illegal document they ask you to  answer and SIGN underneath :

Have you recieved a credit or refurn for the unauthoriezed charges?

The catch is that they agree with the fact that you did not authorise the charge- admitting that THIS IS in FACT FRADULENT charge and refund you the last two billing cycles- which in my case is $ 9.00 per month or total of $18.00. Why do they refund your moeny  immediately? Because thery have stolen the money from your account without your knowledge, and by refunding the ammount they admit to the teft of Your Identiy and the teft of the Money from your account.

The problem is that if you " tick" the box next tothe questions " Have you recieved a credit of refund for the unauthorised charge, you basically " close your case" and wash their hands clean, becuase you sign that you have recieved refund for the change, so they have done well by you. But if they have been charging you for 3 years  or 3X12X9 = $324, and they refund you lets say 2 billing cycles of 2X9= $ 18 BUT! if you sgin that you have received  a refund and date this FAKE AFFIDAVIT, they - Reservation Rewards do not have to refund the WHOLE ammount they have stolen from you..

Further Reservation Rewards ask if , quote " Have you reported these events set forth in the affidavit to the police or law enforcement agency?"

Makes you think, why do they need ot know what have you done so far, right?

And further Reservation Rewards asks, again quote " Do you know WHO used your information and payment methods to obtain services or merchantise from Reservation Rewards?'

YES, I DO know why used my information as it is stated in my bank atatement. The tief is " REservation REWARDS' IT is they who stole my information and it is Reservation Rewards who has been stealing money for 3 years without my consent or knoweldge rom my account. Not onloy that, but they know very well that at no time have a obtain ANY services from them or any merchantise from that matter.

Further on Reservation Rewars( aka WEBLOYALTY.COM) has placed a " Disclaimer and Signature" text which isby far the most hilarious, illiterate" legal" nonsense  I have come across. 

mind you this is a disclamer for you - the victum of THEIR Crime to sign in order to obtain the money stolen from YOU:

The comments in brackets are made by this author)

" If your ( the victim) claim is approved, credit will be issued to the account number set forth above within  approximately 30 days. Credit will not be considered for Non- Sufficient Fund (NSF) or charges that were not billed by RP.

I state( this is you- the victim of their crime) under the penalty or perjury of the United States, the State of Connecticut, and the state in which this affidavit is executed ( The Affidavit does not ask that You sign it in front of notary, which is the only way to prove taht it is in fact " legally biding document" that the information provided herein is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and that neither I, not anyone authorised by me, not anyone with myknowledgeor consent, recieved or recieve any benefit or value as a result of the transactions referenced above. I understand that RP (so far nowhere in this affidavit is explained what RP stands for as it should be in LEGAL document) may use the information provided herein to investigate the charges, to notify financial institutions and other potential fraud victims (like as IF theyr were to call a fraud investigations upon themselves!) and to refer this matter to authorities for prosecution. I agree to cooperate in the prosecution of any individuals charged with unathorised use of my payment methods. ( YOU BET I WILL cooperate in the prosecution). Upon receipt of this Affidavit, WEbloyalty.Com, Inc., the company that owns and operates RP, will aslo block future memberships from being registered on the credit or debit card provided above. If YOU- ( since it is I that am signing the Affidavit, WHO am I talking to you??) have any additional memberships with Webloyalty.Com, ( I don't know. Do I ? have you sign me for anything else,hwere else you are stilling from me- why don't YOU -webloyaly. Com tell me?).. A separate Affidavit with respect to each such additional membership must be completed"

Then you- the victim must sign and date the above " affidavit'.

I tell you what, let take this to the news. People must know and webloyalty.Com , Reservation Rewards or whoever is behind this national  fraud can onse and for all be stop.

-reply by Lena

accord and satisfactionReservation Rewards - A Scam!

SCAM

I am speculating but this is how their scam works.

You make a purchase for an item the item is sold below cost.  To purchase the item they have you agree to release your credit information to their partners for "security purposes" and for credit checking that you hold them not liable for misuse of your credit information as part of the agreement you also agree to let them install a cookie and enable the use of popups for their website(s).

SCAM 1 Click for $10.00 coupon - if you do not read the fine print and click on that popup you are automatically entered into one of their partners rewards programs. The cost of the program is typically $9.00/ month and the payment does't not show up on the etailer's purchase history because the program is offered through one of their "partners".

SCAM 2 12 months later you get a bill on your credit card for $60.00. When you call the "partner" they refer you back to a purchase made 12 months earlier and they claim you agreed to the rewards program as part of the original purchase. They will claim that the item you purchased was deeply discounted and they would not sell it if you did not join their "premium service".  - (Try to remember if you agreed to that and then try to prove you didn't)  SCAM 3 Same as scam 2 exept the wording of the website is now changed to reflect new agreement-(try to prove otherwise!!)-

SCAM 4This is beautiful.

The first etailer you purchased from is partnered with several other similiar etailer websites. When you browse to one of them you receive a popup or maybe you will receive a popup 5 minutes after leaving one of their sites. The popup will make an offer you can not refuse such as a free chance to win a laptop or ipod etc. All you have to do is enter your email address and agree to the terms of the contest. You agree without reading the fine print; what you do not realize is that it is part of the first etailer's trap. You do not get the connection with the first etailer because the popup will occur days, weeks or even years later and you think you are secure in clicking yes because you do not provide a credit card number. MISTAKE you agreed to have a cookie placed on your machine with probably with all your credit card information that anyone who is one of their "partners" can access.

With scam #4 you will may start receiving all sort of bogus charges on your credit card, You could get literature in the mail that looks like advertisements for which you will be billed $49.00.

I talked to the VISA credit card company and they told me the they prohibit the etailers from storing the your CCV number but I think the work around is that the etailer would store the CCV number on your computer and when one of their partners access your credit information they can access the full information just as you entered the informatin yourself and they can not be accused of being in violation of VISA credit card companies rules

It seems like their SCAMS are perfectly legal. Even if they end up in court I would guess their lawyers are buddy, buddy with the judges and that they are more than happy to make restitution and then probably before it comes to court - exception P_acific W_ebworks, Inc. (named changed to protect the innocent) plays hardball they accused me of theft and wanted their $50.00 whether I ordered their 8-1/2" x 11",six page seminar not (do they want their six pages returned? Of course not they want the $50.00 ) - and they are in the business of providing etailer softerware-.

Another speculation here it seems like the companies involved with these scams are selling items at or below cost and are making their profit through their relationship with their "partners".

What is "accord and satisfaction"?

P.S. I must add that the bogus purchases according to VISA were placed without a CVV number and when I contacted "Pxxxxxx Wxxxxxxx, Inc."

they claimed the order for their seminar was a phone order but could not release the phone number of the person placing the order or any other details of the order because of "right to privacy" reasons and after further inquiry they claimed the order was in fact placed via the internet but could not give any further details of the order for same reason.

P.P.S.When an etailer says "partners" they probably mean "partners in crime"

-reply by RICHARD WEIMER

Buy.com gave my credit card info to Reservation RewardsReservation Rewards - A Scam!I am sad to say I was a victim of Shopper Discount and Rewards. I check and double check my credit card statement three or four time a month online. So I caught the charge very early. As soon as they posted a pending charge on my account I noticed and here is how it unfolded.I bought a Digital Camera Canon PowerShot A590 IS 8 from Buy.Com. Everything was excellent; transaction, shipping, product, etc. One month later I see a fraudulent charge on my credit card bill, apparently from Shopper Discount and Rewards. I dispute and follow through and it comes out that in trying to get a promised $10 coupon off for my next purchase, I have signed up for membership of Shopper Discount and Rewards. To the best of my knowledge I never did sign up for Shopper Discount and Rewards. I also halted the sign up process as soon as I realized that I have to enroll in something to get the rewards. Meanwhile, there was no mention of a monthly recurring fee. There was no terms of service (TOS) or anything I had to signal agreement. Just the initial step of entering my email and boom I am in. I did not complete the sign up and hence did not receive and discounts or coupons from them.I also did not give Shopper Discount and Rewards my credit card and other information. Apparently Buy.Com is working with Shopper Discount and Rewards or is in collusion with them. The Customer Rep at Shopper Discount and Rewards Stacy with Rep ID 61091 confirmed that my information was received from Buy.Com. I did not and have not authorized Buy.Com to share my personal information with Shopper Discount and Rewards. I now have serious doubts about the credibility of Buy.Com and their respect for their customers.This is the last time I am shopping at Buy.Com and wants everyone to know that they messed up in partnering with a fraudulent company like Shopper Discount and Rewards.Below is the replay from Buy.Com when emailed my complaint to them. This is the most nonsensical reply I have ever received from a company.Hello Kwame,When you completed one of your previous Buy.Com orders, you were offered the chance to instantly receive an additional "$10 off of your next order" by signing up with a third party, preferred partner promotion called Reservation Rewards. If you have any questions about your membership, or if you would simply like to cancel with no questions asked, you may contact Reservation Rewards directly at 1-800-732-7031. You can also email them at: customerservice@reservationrewards.ComIf you are unable to reach Reservation Rewards Customer Service member via the information above, or if you have any additional question for Buy.Com Customer Service, please do not hesitate to contact us.Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:-reply by Kwame

My card was enrolled after my daughter bought movie tickets online.  In exchange for a $10 coupon, she was enrolled in Reservation Rewards for $12/month - great deal!

I called them this morning and they agreed without any hassle to refund the 4 months charged - we'll see.

Reservations Rewards TRAPReservation Rewards - A Scam!I just went through the same thing. Got nowhere w/Customer Service Rep. Point blank she insisted that I knew I had signed up for something that I had filled out the information. I knew nothing about signing up for anything, nor have I ever received any communication from this company. The only thing I know about this is the $12 monthly charges (Feb - May). I wanted to talk a Mgr. And was passed through to a "Customer Service Manager" and as I was explaining my situation to him the phone conveniently disconnected. Called back. Got got a customer service rep that was friendly and wanted to work with me to correct the situation. The charges reimbursed. It's really a shame that this company's business practices are to CON people into "signing up" for something they know nothing about (so they say - I don't remember filling anything out at all!). Then the innocent shoppers (victims) don't even know they signed up for something and the company is charging their cards! How terrible. I then called the online business that I ordered from and told them about the situation just to let them know what is happening to people after ordering from their site and told them that not only that diminish my perspective of their business, but I won't be ordering from them again. I wish I could a list of companies that work with "Reservations Rewards" because I would not order from any of them because of this!

got a refund easilyReservation Rewards - A Scam!

Saw the $12 charges on the VISA bill, so I called.  They said we signed up during an online purchase at petco.Com which isn't true at all since that purchase was made with a gift card!  Anyhow, I remained friendly, and they canceled the membership and refunded all $36 dollars.  I'm sure this is a scam as far as how they get you to enroll, but I don't think the company is going around making purchases on your CC afterwards etc.  I really don't think there is any need to cancel my card like some have posted.  There are a lot of these types of scams out there where you sign up for something free, but it starts charging you after 30 days etc.  This is the same thing, only they are even sneakier about not showing the small print.  Just kindly ask to cancel the membership and have all of the charges refunded and you should be fine. 

-reply by Craig

I had a similar scam occur when I bought tickets through Fandango on-line.  I was somehow enrolled in Reservations Rewards and was charged $12/month for two months on my credit card without my authorization.  I cancelled the account and have requested refunding my credit card for the $24 in charges.  The jury is still out!  I'll update the website with their response..

Reervation Rewards are ScammersReservation Rewards - A Scam!have been wondering what the reservations rewards was...That kept popping up on my checking acct for the last couple of years...I asked my husband and between the 2 of us we could not figure it out...They were charging us $10 a month 2x a month! I just thought maybe it was one of the online games he ordered and he juist did not know the name. I finally today called my bank and asked them how to contact these people...I never get any info from them and I do not remember ever filling anything out. Res Rewards told me it was when I bought movie tickets I got a coupon as well and was signed up for this program...I have 3 kids and were are talking about $100's of dollars...As a military family we do not make that much. Does anyone have any idea who to contact for some kind of reimbursement? They cancelled me no problem...But I was so flustered I got off the phone and decided to let my husband handle it. THESE PEOPLE ARE RIP OFFS!

HELP! Reservation Reward ScamReservation Rewards - A Scam!

We have been getting these $12. A month charges for at least the last 3 mo. Before I caught it today. My husband said he had seen the charges and found something on line to cancel it but he has NO CLUE who they are or what it was we were charged for.

Can anyone give me a way to contact these people please? I can't believe they prey on people who just believe it was something they ordered but really did not! What a scam! As soon as I saw the charges today for the first time I told my husband he needs to deal with this and report these people and get our money back. I just need a place to start the process. 

Has anyone actually received any money refunds? Wow! Always some new scamers preying on the innocent!

Thanks so much!

Reservation Rewards - A Scam!Reservation Rewards - A Scam!

The exact same thing happened to us so e-mail them and demand your money back immediately.   We were in Orbitz and somehow Reservation Rewards was passed our CC number and started popping $12/mo charges to us and we never knew about it until the third charge caught my attention.  Orbitz s/b held accountable just the same as these scammers.  I sent an e-mail to RR demanding reversal of all the charges otherwise I would contact the BBB and my credit card company indicating their fraudulent actions.  As others have indicated, they were EXTREMELY happy to refund my money--a tip off to a rip off for sure.  FWIW, below is their e-mail confirming the refund, which came promptly on the next statement.  Imagine the float value of the $ scammed from everyone!

-------------------------------------------------------

Dear James,

At Reservation Rewards we take customer satisfaction seriously, and we regret that we will no longer have an opportunity to bring our discounts to you.

This notice confirms that your membership in Reservation Rewards has been cancelled as of 3.30.2009 and we have issued a refund of three $12.00 charges. This refund will appear on your credit/debit card or PayPal account within the next 3-5 business days.

Your cancel confirmation number is xxxxxxx

Our records reflect that you or someone in your household joined Reservation Rewards after a transaction with https://www.orbitz.com/upgradebrowser; The offer presented explained all the benefits of the service and that you would be billed $12 per month. To join Reservation Rewards, the email address (my e-mail address) was entered twice.If you have any further questions, please contact us at customerservice@reservationrewards.Com and we'll be happy to help you.

Sincerely,

Latoya and Rep ID# 59361 The Reservation Rewards Team customerservice@reservationrewards.Com 1-800-732-7031

scammed by Reservation RewardsReservation Rewards - A Scam!

June 06, 2009 - My sister was scammed by Reservation Rewards aka Webloyalty.Com, Inc.  Unknown to either of us we now find that a fee of $9 per month dates back to July of 2005 when a hotel reservation was made thru Choice Hotels at the Comfort Inn. As others have said, although we do not recall, you are ask to insert your e-mail address twice to secure the hotel reservation and evidently to subscribe to Reservation Rewards which would never have been accepted.  Why pay for rewards when most hotels give you free membership to earn points based on the number of nights you stay at their hotel.  My sister found out about this when she was paying off her Visa account and inquired as to the $9 fee thinking it was a fee from Visa.  She was told to call an 800 number which belonged to Reservation Rewards.  At that moment she had no idea she had been charged for the past 4 years!  They informed her they would return her $9.00 and cancel her membership.  How very kind of them. In calling them again and again and sending numerous e-mails and telling them they would be reported to the Ohio Attorney General's office they insist that an affidavit be filled out which is insane as it asks "has any one used your credit card or debit card for services without your permission"...Yes, yes and yes...The answer is RESERVATION REWARDS.

PLEASE..If anyone did manage to get all of their money back could you supply the phone number you used.  Also, I have bombarded webloyalty with reports of class action suits taken against them in California, Florida and Massachusetts but they don't seem bothered at all. 

I contacted Choice Hotels and was simply advised to "phone Reservation Rewards".  Surely these people know who is on their on-line booking system but evidently are not admitting to it.  Unbelieveable that Reservation Rewards/Webloyalty are still operating.

Bonnie and Margie

Really???Reservation Rewards - A Scam!Replying to iGuest-webloyaltyIf you are on the up and up Mary ?? of webloyalty then why are there so many people experiencing the same problem..Unauthorized used of one's debit or credit card and in my case after receiving a customer rep reply from Reservation Rewards it appears to go back as far as July of 2005 when I booked a room with Choice Hotels. I NEVER KNOWINGLY applied for membership nor would I have wanted it or needed it and especially NEVER would I pay for such a service. I have spoke to several customer reps and have been now told I have to fill out an affidavit...I am going to give you my membership number even though it was cancelled on June 02.I would like to know why I can't get full reimbursement now as others have been able to do. Also, if your company is genuine then why have there been several class action suites against webloyalty?MargeMembership Number 8517022001-reply by Marge

what a schemeReservation Rewards - A Scam!

I ordered plane tickets through expedia.Com and I charged it to my debit card. 3 months down the road I see this reservation rewards crap for $12 so I did my research and guess what I found? it's a total scheme, I simply gave them a call, made my complaint & they canceled my membership & refunded my money. I feel like this company needs to be brought to justice, they're a scam & they steal from the people so they can fill up their pockets.

Reservation RewardsReservation Rewards - A Scam!Replying to iGuestHas anyone turned these people in to the Better Business Bureau or anything? I just discovered this and the customer service rep cooperated by cancelling me and saying she would refund the 4 months of charges, but that's not enough!! These people need to be stopped! She said it was from retrieving a $10 coupon after my order at Drugstore.Com. I distinctily remember NOT completing the process when I saw there was a charge for it. I think I will report them - just don't know where. FCC?-reply by Leslie

reservaton rewardsReservation Rewards - A Scam!It just occured to me that my bank blocked my debit card a few months back and I bet this is why - I will never do online business with Drugstore.Com again since they appear to be complicit in this scam.-reply by Leslie