xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kubi

Reservation Rewards - A Scam!

I just realized that I've been charge $12 for the past 10 months for something I know nothing about and it is Reservation Reward. When I called to cancel and get a refund, they told me I have to fill out and print a document, then mail it in for their review. Obviously they want to make that process as long and difficult as possible. And even more obvious, this is something they deal with all the time. I think this happened with Orbitz and it is making me rethink my usage of that site.

I must say that I consider a scam to be somebody conning or stealing money from someone else. It amazes me that nearly 100% of you people screaming "THIS IS A SCAM!!!" have stated that the company was courteous and promptly refunded all of the money you had "unknowingly paid". Some saying things like "Why would they refund your money so fast unless they knew they were scamming you?" My guess is maybe because they DO NOT WANT TO CHARGE PEOPLE FOR SOMETHING THEY DO NOT WANT, INTEGRITY PERHAPS!! If you went to rent an apartment that was advertising "First Month Free", Would you scream "SCAM" when you got a notice to pay the regular months rent for your second month? I purchased something online and after completing my transaction a pop-up window appeared with an offer of $20 cash back on my next purchase from the same service I had just ordered from.I expanded the window to look for the "Terms of Service"(the details of this offer, rules, restrictions, and obligations that I may incur by accepting this offer) which were plainly available. After reading it, I decided to participate and signed up. It plainly stated, IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS, that this offer was not an offer by the company I had just purchased from, but an entirely different company, "Reservation Rewards". Most of you, if not all of you, didn't READ the terms of the agreement. You saw "Save $20 off of your next purchase", put your e-mail address in twice, and clicked through. Your own SLOTH and IGNORANCE is what caused you this problem, nothing more. If you are using a credit card for online transactions and you don't have the common sense to READ THE TERMS OF THE OFFER, then you need only look in the mirror to see the person who has done you this great injustice. PULL YOUR HEAD OUT!!!! Don't blame them for your laziness, YOU entered the information that enrolled you in this offer, WITHOUT EVEN CHECKING TO SEE WHAT IT WAS. What I did see here from a few people who, as I did, knowingly signed up, and are using this service, Is that they are getting exactly what they were promised in the TERMS of the AGREEMENT and are completely satisfied customers. I just signed up, and will post again to voice my opinion about this service, and report on my choice to continue or not in a couple of weeks.............READ BEFORE YOU AGREE TO ANYTHING AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM AGAIN!!!Coffee Ron, Hollywood, Ca.D3m0nikk@yahoo.com

i signed up with reservation rewards and was very pleased with what they had to offer, free discounts on dining, attraction and movie coupons, also free roadside assistance which came in very handy for me quite a few times for tows, jump starts and they even brought me gas when i ran out and it only cost me five bucks for the gas, so b4 u jump to conclusions and knock it maybe you should check it out thoroughly for 12 bucks a month i think its worth it !!

No problem with Reservation RewardsReservation Rewards - A Scam!

It has been interesting reading these postings. I was lead to Reservation Rewards through Shutterfly. I read all their rules and conditions and decided to go with it. I, by the way, had NEVER signed up for anything on the Web before. So far, so good. As long as I remember to order my gift cards through them each month (a $20 savings), I pay for the service ($12/mo). Then, there are other savings, since I'm a "member,"like $5 movie tickets and a $10 monthly rebate from Shutterfly, so long as I order something from them. I've only been a member for a few months but have come out ahead each month.

i cant exactly remember how i signed up with reservation rewards but i think its a great deal not only do you get dining ,attraction and movie discounts, but you get free roadside assistance which i have utilized from towing to them bringing me gas when i ran out, and also the free money gift cards, which i have earned a few, by collecting points by using thier discounts, for $12 a month its well worth it

Just found charges going back 4 years.... Went round and round with them....they're only crediting 4 months...Said they would send a claim form for the rest.....Don't know what was doneto end up on they're list.....I would imagine they've scammed millions of dollarsfrom consumers, I know the FTC did something to something to them If they do not make good on their promise to refund it all.We will write to the Attorney General of Texas and the FTC.Best of Luck to all of those scammed...Amy S

I'm lost as to how you guys are getting caught up in this. Are you signing up to programs that say, for example, "$1 for a 30 day X" or something? Usually those will have small print that explains you're being signed up to 3rd party programs as well, and also lists their monthly costs.In the majority of cases these problems are just due to people saying "I ACCEPT!" without even reading what they're accepting.

I noticed a charge on my card, labeled , for 12 dollars. I did some research to find out what this was. Simple, wasn't hard in the least. Considering when you google "Reservation Rewards", the 3rd page that appears is "Reservation Rewards is a Scam". I contacted my bank and they told me to get in touch with the company and see if they would refund my money - because I had NO idea what this transaction was. (Another common name they go by is WebLoyalty.com).
I didn't have to go far to notice that they got my credit card info when I purchased movie tickets online. A few other places that partner with these guys are Orbits.com, Moviefone.com, and a few others. Trust me, google and you will find.

So there I was, ordering my movie tickets. At the very end I got forwarded to this so called Reservation Rewards page with an offer of 10$ in Moviebucks. *Completely free*. I didn't see anything that said they were going to charge me, I never gave them my credit card info. There was NO TOS to read. Just enter your email here, twice and we'll send you your reward(along with MANY others)!. So, stupidly I did. Afterwards I didn't receive any email, I just disregarded this as either a glitch, or spam. This was on Dec31 2007(they were kind enough to tell me the EXACT date and time I sold them my credit card info).

Anyways, I went on my happy way, saw my movie, never heard from this place again. until now. 3 months after my purchase I noticed this transaction on my card from Reservation rewards. It was a 12 dollar transaction. I called the number that came along with the bill and they seemed ever so nice. I told them that this was unauthorized and I wanted it off my account. They HAPPILY told me that I gave my credit card info when I entered my email twice, which automatically made me agree to there TOS(there were none), and that I confirmed my account via email(there was none). I told them I did no such thing and wanted my account canceled. I also asked for a refund.

Not only did they cancel my account, but they DOUBLED my refund, they gave me 24 dollars back on my card. They seemed MUCH to hasty to give me a refund which kind worried.

Needless to say I'll be canceling my card and getting a new one.

Google there partners and you'll be able to see who sells them your credit card info, never take no as an answer from this place. If they won't give you a refund mention 2 words "Attorney General". No problems.

Have fun.

That's really a shame. A similar thing happened to me with a rewards company as well. I do not have the exact name of the company on me at the moment. I think they were "hosted" or located in India (or at least their REPRESENTATIVES were from there..... which I will get to in just a second.) Anyway... I was using one of those travel sites (which I just noticed A LOT of people that are in this thread had the same issue provoked from using some type of travel or cheap travel agency.. kind of like the typical one... orbitz, hotels.com... the usual.) But anyway, I dont have the exact site on me.. but it may have been hotels.com, because I was a frequent on that.) Anyway... I think I may have clicked on ad of some sort that was on the page.. it wasn't a popup of any kind, but it was one of those ads that you can find on the sides of the pages.. and a lot of times you THINK that they are apart of the page. :P)

Anyway.. again, so I ended up clicking on the ad and it took me to some rewards thing.. JUST LIKE YOURS!!! I stupidly enough thought that this rewards thing was CONNECTED to the travel agencies website that I was just viewing because the template that this scam agencys website was using was sooooo similar to that of the one I had come from!! It was a brilliant layout... trick customers into thinking they are on the ORIGINAL hosting website. and then deter them to this scam page! So.. anyway, i believe the page said special off $99 for trip to Florida or something... I was like OMG.. because Iwas looking for something cheap like this.. so I put in ALL My info "email/phone numerb.. you name it and of course.. I put my credit card number.. UGH.. stupid mistake!!! I didn't realize that I had just fallen into their scam. So the story gets worse.. apparently this company charged my credit card for $99.. and they began to call me saying the money I had been charged was some type of down payment.. and then I had to go through a bunch of differnet hooplas to QUALIFY for the trip.

That;s right... the $99 was just to be ABLE to qualify for the trip.. it wasnt even the cost of the trip. At this point i was so fricking mad.. I really couldn't believe that I had been tricked like that and started to yell at their represenstaitve (who like I said I htink was situated in India. :P) Luckily.. I was able to do a chargeback on my card.. cancel my card and get a new cell phone number.. this finally ERADICATED my problem with this compnay and I know learn my lesson.

So be careful when you are on various travel sites and such.. you need to make sureb that the site you are on is as legit as you may think and that you look over all terms of service and such so you know that you are really getting the deal that you think you are. IF there are evr phone numbers on the travel sites, be sure to keep those noted and call them if you think something is tooo good to be true. BEcause the travel sites know all about the various scams and such and can definitely help you avoid thme!

Wow, amazing how so many companies can find so many ways to rip people off. I'm glad you caught it and got your money back. This is just another good reminder of how we should all take the time to take a good look at our monthly credit card statements, and not just throw them down on the desk thinking you'll get back to it later, and then forgetting all about it until it's too late. Not a reservation scam, but I notice on my credit cards I earn these wonderful "bonus Points" or something else they call them. For every dollar you charge you get so many dollars in points. And occasionally they send you an email about all these wonderful products you can readem your points for. For say 10 points they will give you $10 off some product they have marked up 300% to start with so you you will pay for example $90 for a product they claim is worth $100. But if you went to Walmart you could buy the same product for $20. It's a major rip off. I can't believe so many people fall for it, but apparently they do because they keep cranking them out. And they also lure you in with some deals that sound pretty good. There was a gift card you could get for half price at a restuarant that we actually like to go to, but when I tried to get that one, lo and behold, it was sold out! That one really ticked me off. A couple times they had offers on the email, but when you clicked on the link to them you could never find them on the actual web site to sign up and redeam your points for. They just dissapeared. I get so tired of this kind of dishonest garbage.

Sooo I got an offer from allegiant after buying airfare for 50$ cash back on my next flight, and it linked me to reservation rewards. I read the fine print and saw that there is obviously this monthly charge if you do not cancel membership (which is.. very difficult, but I found it online within 10 minutes and received my confirmation email of my cancellation). After cancelling I bought another flight and submitted the rebate via email just as they said.. and got my confirmation email back saying my check was being processed and allow 4-6 weeks for arrival. Still no charges on my bank account, and I guess I'll keep you posted if/when I actually receive the check. Yeah this place sucks and is a huge scam, but so are Fandango offers unless you know how to use them right? (a .biz is 5.99 and gives you two movies tickets..?)Just read the fine print, and watch your bank account. If your so willing to enter credit card info into something you don't read entirely AND don't take the time to look over your bank account then maybe you are a sitting duck..