xisto Community
PinQ

Gmail Or Hotmail Gmail vs Hotmal

What's better Gmail or Hotmail??  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No question at all! Gmail is of course better than Hotmail. Like many of the posts before, I must restate that there is no competition. Use Gmail if you know what is good for you.1. Gmail is much faster. It uses AJAX. Hotmail doesn't. It takes years to load.2. This allows Gmail to have more features, like browser-chat, labels, sideboxes, since they load instantly. Imagine having sideboxes in Hotmail, like "Labels." You click and the whole page loads.3. Gmail auto-saves your drafts. I don't know about Hotmail. It didn't when I left.4. Gmail prevents you from navigating away by showing a pop-up warn when you are in the compose mode. Hotmail doesn't.5. Gmail offers approx. 3GB of space. Take that, Hotmail.6. Gmail Notifier fits into Firefox. Hotmail fits into an external application, MSN Messenger.I don't mind logging in to Gmail and logging out. It is almost instant. I hate signing in to Hotmail. But of course, Gmail chat cannot surpass MSN Messenger.If I have said anything that isn't factual, do forgive my ignorance. I left Hotmail long ago. Check it out: 86.61% for Gmail

Edited by dyknight (see edit history)

well i don't care what yall sa. to me hotmail is better. it looks more preofessional nad easier to navigate, and plus you don't have all those other things that you don't need.

GMail gets my vote for simplicity and sheer power, yet everyone has my Hotmail e-mail address. I use GMail for file storage or attachments, largely, so if I know there's a huge load coming in, I send people to the e-mail address that can hold that. However, everything I've ever signed up for comes to my Hotmail. It's hard to switch when you know one is good but one has history. I wish MSN made their homepage a lot easier to navigate. The Hotmail interface is decently easy, but MSN? I have to look all over the place for the link that says "Hotmail".

Perhaps you should give us your opinion too, because if we replyed as you did, this would be a spam topic, ok?Now, hotmail is over, and i mean it literally, hotmail doesn't even let us receive emails with outlook express, so, how bad is it!?I prefer gmail, 1000000 times over hotmail, for many different reasons.

hotmail is not good for free serviceu have to login every month to keep it active also sometimes i have problem in loading its pageGmail is by far better than HotmailI LOVE GMAIL!!!!!!!!!! <_<

My vote goes for GMail.It has approx 2.75 GB and that is an whole lot of an space, it is cool when I have to save files, I use it as my online harddrive.It is faster, loads almost instantly, no problem when signing in or out, I hate signing in or out out of Hotmail.GMail is by Google so it is certified to ROCK.Hotmail is by M$ and hence it is certified to SUCK.<_<

Gmail is of course better, you guys make my graphics card to explode last week, right after it rendered how hotmail got more than 10 percent for a few seconds...lolI was just joking, hehe......

Not much of a contest but Gmail is definately better than hotmail. The main reason is the space, with as much space as gmail gives you there is virtually no way to run out. I also like how Gmail has invites, I think that eliminates people getting multiple accounts for no reason, even though there is still a way it makes it a little more difficult. I also like the way Gmail is set up, I like the way you navigate through your email and the search features they have. When Gmail first came out it was the email service out there, but now that they have been out for a while other email services are starting to give out a little more to try and compete with Gmail.

hmm, I just use both. I dont really care about which is better, but I do recieve listings in gmail and other subscription mails. Hotmail is what I use for my personal email, and contacts, etc. Also it is what I use for my messenger and what I have been using for years, so I am already used to its interface. I do find Gmail being pretty fast, although its interface is just not quite there.

GMAIL is much much better. Hotmail sucks, and it is getting worse every day. On the other hand, GMail is getting better every day :blink: and so are all the other Google services.Hotmail deletes your e-mails, suspends your accounts, come on! Any e-mail provider is better than hotmail.

Most people say that Hotmail only gives you 250MB. In fact, Hotmail is soon to become Windows Mail Live!, and if you join in with the beta of the new Windows Mail Live! service (which you can join either by clicking "Try the New Beta!" in the MSN Hotmail Inbox, or by registering a new HotMail account) you will get 2GB, which I've heard is more than what Google gives. Plus you don't get any spam anymore (and if you do they have a filter that will delete anything they suspect as spam after five days), while a lot of my firend's google accounts have been subject to heavy spamming (a problem that used to happen to hotmail).Windows Live! Messenger is also much better than Google Messenger. For one, the new messenger allows you to communicate with Yahoo adresses, and for another, it is much more advanced.But I do have to admit, HotMail does suck. It's laggy, and not keeping up with the times. Go for Google if you want Mail only, but go with MSN if you want a brilliant Instant Messenger that nearly everyone uses.

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

I as 107 other people have voted for Gmail, there are so many different reasons why Gmail is the best. I have used both of the email services and would have to say i prefer Yahoo but thats not an option. The best of the two is definitely Gmail, it has a SPAM folder, now i havent used hotmail for about a month so don't start saying that im an idiot and that Hotmail does have one, as it didn't when i used it. Also Gmail has a massive amount of space and as they say, you don't even have to bother deleting messages. A very useful feature of Gmail is the ability to search all your messages for either a keyword or sort it by messages from a certain person. The message system is easy to use and understand, as its like a single conversation with one person, each time you reply or they reply it gets added to tabs. So you can click each tab and read all the messages. When i used Hotmail i constantly kept getting SPAM messages and junk mail, with Gmail i may still get some but it all gets added into a SPAM folder. I also like the option to delete all the mail in the SPAM folder, as sometimes i get abit lazy and don't check my mail for weeks and sometimes have over 100 messages. Gmail is definitely the best out of the two, its design is sleek and also it has so many great features.