xisto Community
PinQ

Gmail Or Hotmail Gmail vs Hotmal

What's better Gmail or Hotmail??  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gmail is FAR better IMO.A gig of storage isn't enough for you? I also love the spam blocker, I haven't seen spam since I got it! They definitely put a lot of work into that area. The Gmail Notifier is Godly as well, I love knowing whether someting is in my inbox or not, so I don't have to check every couple of hours if I'm waiting on something important.Hotmail is just... Meh. It's okay, but the spam filter isn't good at all, and it's a bit annoying with all the ads around the page.Heil Gmail!

GMAIL -> Google Products are the best.

Bill Gate Products -> The blue screen of death

61175[/snapback]

I have one thing to say.

Amen.

Hotmail was not originally a MSN product. It was still free then but I really liked the interface and how it was run. I guess it got to be too much for the original founders so they sold it off to MSN. Somethings aobut hotmail have obviously improved but its not my favorite email. I have my original email address with hotmail because it was my original account. It is useful for those people who knew me long ago can still find me.I mostly use yahoo. However I recently got a gmail account within the past 6 months. Besides the 1gb of space and the conversation threading this is by far the best free email service out there. I have noticed that other free email services are starting to integrate some of the features that gmail has. Just like when Yahoo gave us 100mb of space and then MSN could not be beat so they gave us 250mb so then Yahoo had to upgrade to 250mb of space. I found the whole thing quite amusing. Anyway by far Gmail is the best out there right now.

Well, I've had about 6 different e-mails in these long 2 years of my internet use.I first started out with a yahoo account and mainly used it to play Yahoo games, and then my parents got me an e-mail with my IP.After that, I switched to Hotmail, which at the time, was godly. The only problem with hotmail is you seem to get alot of spam.From there I got an e-mail address from my old web hosting provider. It was a peice of junk, mmmmm..... squirrelmail. :)Currently, I use G-Mail and my MSN provider's for friends that actually live by me. G-Mail will become one of the biggest e-mail providers in the near future. It PWNS.

I have been wondering why hotmail only provides 2M mailbox to Asian market, but 250m to American and European customers? I suppose Hotmail is the only comany which unevenly treat customers in different continents!Any reason about this? Is it discrimination? :)

Gmail definitley. The spam filter is much more effective and the amount of space you can have is phenominal. 1000mb! Which other email server gives your that amount of space? Not hotmail that's for sure. Hotmail just bugs me aswell, loads of adverts in it and everybody has it so you get so many junk emails that arn't of any use at all. Gmail without a doubt in my opinion is the better of the two emails.

I used to use hotmail, and I still do :), but im slowly moving to Gmail, considering it now has 2 gigs of storage, and its not so ad infested like hotmail is. I dont even use the web interface with hotmail, I use POP access. I like the idea how google came up with gmail. Google needs to work on their spam filter though.

I prefer gmail for e-mail, but I use hotmail because of msn. I think gmail should make a messenger service like msn, which we can use our gmail accounts for.