xisto Community
PinQ

Gmail Or Hotmail Gmail vs Hotmal

What's better Gmail or Hotmail??  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Definitely Gmail for me. I haven't used hotmail in a long time, but last time I did I just hated it. Gmail is incredible simple and user-friendly. It gives you tons of space (more than you'll ever need so you can't complain). There's also a certain pseudo-respect that comes with a Gmail account. If somebody (an average person, not a big company) is interested in you for a job/comission or anything of that sort, they look at ___@hotmail.com pr ___@yahoo.com and think "this is sort of bootleg" in a way. But they look at ___@gmail.com and say "ok, this guy could be legit". It's a strange phenomenon, but I've observed it in real life.

Re : Which is better??

Gmail Or Hotmail

I don't know about you guys for me I use both ,gmail and hotmail my gmail is 1gb and faster in explorering inboxs

My hotamil is 5 gb and slower but you can chose the speed by cliking standers versoin or the full one

I want to delet one of them but for me its hard to chose because I like them both.

-reply by saleh

Hotmail&live block emails from many legitimate senders (forums, blogs, online stores). So now you can see here and there that a website does not accept hotmail addresses.Ironically, spam get through ...

I use GMail, I used to use Hotmail but it was too graphical and full of ads. Most of the time people use Hotmail because of it's Windows Live Messenger but what they don't see is that GMail has chat built in.

i HATE gmail. hotmail is way better: its more modern and gmail is just anoying. it looks gay and everything about it is wrong. i'm a hotmail fan and always have been. yahoo and aol are alright but gmail is just NO!whats is everyone elses opinion?

Replying to PinQ

Gmail is way better these days because it is more modern and simple and is easier on your eyes because it doesn't have all of those really annoying ads. Hotmail is REALLY slow on my computer and it sucks, while Gmail is way faster.

Gmail is so much better, it was offering 1Gb of storage when hotmail was still 20mb, so I automatically switched. The gmail interface is so much more innovative and convenient compared to hotmail, and quicker too (in my experience anyway)Also love the new themes that they've introduced to gmail. :) Definitely my most recommended free email client.

Gmail is better. For slow internet connections like dial ups. we can see gmail in classic version.But hotmail nowdays called windows live mail needs high speed of Internet connection.Also sometimes problems with clicking /reading mails on Internet explorer (MSG: error on page at statusbar)SO Gmail is better than hotmail.

Gmail has a very simple interface. It's a clean view.As for speed, it's much faster when sending larger files or receiving them.As for the fact it has BUILT IN CHAT, +1The organization of emails on Gmail is better. Nothing beats every email being compacted into one. Much easier to keep up with previous emails back and forth.Skinnable, very nice as well.Gmail also offers FREE pop3 service, whereas hotmail you either pay for it or just use http service.So I see nothing about Gmail that isn't better than Hotmail, :P.

Definitely Hotmail for me. I have a gMail account and I cannot stand it. The interface is ugly and messages are annoying to try and display. Even with a dialup connection you can still view Windows Live Mail without to much of a fuss. I think it still has Classic View Support, you could also try getting the Windows Live Mail software, which gives you a hotmail desktop client.

Edited by triplebtalk (see edit history)

Definitely Hotmail for me. I have a gMail account and I cannot stand it. The interface is ugly and messages are annoying to try and display. Even with a dialup connection you can still view Windows Live Mail without to much of a fuss. I think it still has Classic View Support, you could also try getting the Windows Live Mail software, which gives you a hotmail desktop client.

You can change the looks of Gmail on their site. I'm not sure how customized you can make it though.

Honestly, regardless as to what email service you're using, I would highly suggest using a pop3 program anyways. Then you don't even have to look at the "ugly interface."

What is better?Gmail Or Hotmail

Gmail.

I have been a hotmail user for 8 years. That was the time of myspace and msn. Those days are gone and I needed a sophisicated email with pop3 and imap. Also I needed to change my name to something more approiate for my age. When I went with hotmail I thought nothing about it. It was the first email I had. Then I realized that its features arent so great, and there can be more added, Also the ads are annoying.

Unfortunately fear switching makes customers worried about switching service. People are scared of friends changing their email address, contacts, email messages, and the adaptability to switch. With gmail it is so much better!. They have made a new service that it will reveive your old email adderss into gmail! So right now I am recieving my old emails from hotmail and at the same time I am recieving gmail from 1 account. Gmail also has great features like chat, advanced spam filter, label (which is good for combining your hotmail to gmail), easy contact import, great user interface, themes are very nice, and something called labs (where it gives extra features that grow).

I am very satisfied with gmail. My favorite feature is that the school cant block it because it runs google servers (which is the most important site in my school). So if you are a hotmail user, switch, you will not regret it.

-reply by Marc Tatossian