xisto Community
PinQ

Gmail Or Hotmail Gmail vs Hotmal

What's better Gmail or Hotmail??  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gmail, no doubt!!however, i use hotmail mre than gmail coz i've been registered with it on more than 50 sites and so.....Hotmail, is slow and many a time does not work!, the image ads take a long long time to load.........Gmail, on the other hand is very fast and with the newly added chat feature is certainly gonna rock!well, a special mention about yahoo, i m so tired of it!! i get nearly 250 mails daily with have no concern with me whatsoever, its just spam!!!so i just stopped using yahoo

Definitelly, gmail.I adore, gmail more then hotmail or any other freemail.I find about gmail this year, I tried it out and it is fantastic. Honestly, I've opened a hotmail account because of MSN Messenger, but I never use it for sending or receiving mail or attacments, it has small capacity for my inbox, because I don't like to delete any of my mail and I don't have this kind of problem with gmail.And with gmail, you have more options like languages, spam blocking, archiving your messages, invite people to gmail like some kind of present to someone. :huh:I wouldn't change gmail for hotmail, never. ;)

Having used both services, I can safely say that I prefer gmail over hotmail. Hotmail can be rather slow at times and contains a lot of awful adverts, whereas Gmail tends to be a more stable server and the only adverts included are the google adsense adverts. These also give more interesting adverts (which you more likely want to click on) as the system searches keywords for adverts.Both are fine though in my opinion, I would just rather use Gmail.

Edited by sportytalk (see edit history)

Ok... guys (or girls) this is such a no brainer... Where else can you send chats through your e-mail, have the cool conversation feature, save more messages than you will ever want, forget that the ads are right next to your e-mail message, because they don't stand out. And all that other stuff, google gives us, for free! Am I right? :huh:

Is that even a question?! You can not compare the two of them together! in gmail you get 2000+mb od space it is realible :huh: In one of the forums i saw how to hack in your hotmail account!Oh.. i almost forgot if you need an invitation i can send you one! that goes for the rest of you i have 100 invitation left!You just must send a personal message with your email! ;)

The only reason why I prefer hotmail is because it is very easy to access for me because I have msn messenger and a pop up comes up every time I get a new email and I can just click a link and I can check it so I don't have to log in and stuff. I tried gmail once but I never really gave it to anyone for anything.

I have newer heard of thing called Gmail.. but Im using my own inbox which is only supported by latvian (LV) users.. But for my MSN I needed hotmail so I voted for it.. but I really don't care things in it I send mails from it once a month..

Whoever voted for hotmail... i pray that you were kidding. Gmail is easily the best webmail on the internet. Not only does it have the most space, but it has the coolest interface, best archiving, and best email search. No contest at all. Also, you can barely see when google does an ad. Hotmail ads are flashy and designed to distract you from what you are doing. I used hotmail until i got into the GMail beta, and ive never signed back onto hotmail since. One more thing, Gmail has a much better spam filter --

I voted Gmail, but I don't really use any of them. I use gmail for all my spam type emails and never look at it.

Gmail is definately better than hotmail because of it's simple interface, advanced features, spam protection and space and bandwitdh. Other than that there are not many people that actually use the google messenger comparing it to the msn messenger and hotmail is more widely used and accepted by people than gmail, but still gmail is increasing at a steady number and will soon overshadow hotmail. and yes I agree gmail advertisments are not as flashy as hotmail has.

I find Gmail amazing. You get alot of space. It is very fast and with all the new stuff coming out for it like know you can chat with people while your on gmail looking at your emails.

I had used hotmail for a few years prior to changing to gmail. Since then had gotten many email accounts from work/studies/et al. Now I use my hotmail account only for messenger, g-mail for main emails, and other accounts for other purposes (ie study, and work).I have to admit I was annoyed with hotmail's then 2mb limit, but being one of the earlier ones to get g-mail, It was bye-bye hotmail, despite hotmail upgrading to 250mb shortly after in reponse to gmail. Definitely will be sticking to gmail in the long term.