xisto Community
cragllo

Trap17 Community Building Project! make your contribution...

lol after i posted the code i thought about that too... but the reason i thought of pagination was not to stop it from scrolling, but make it so that it doesnt scroll so much... i understand that with the pagination it doesnt seem like a real city block... but maby if we put some arrows instead of numbers it would seem more realistical in the sense that they would be moving to the left or to the right depending on their selection... or maby... like someone said (i cant remember who) filtering it into a flash movie... even though the movie wouldnt be all that big we could make it pause at the beginning so that it will give the first few time to load and while the user is looking at those it will load the others... then giving them the arrows to hover over to scroll more fluidly... i dunno.. i could try out a bunch of ideas and then just show you guys the ones that worked the best...

Let's try this...Let's use jlhaslip's CSS image gallery script to make a city map. When hovering it will show the description of that section.Divide the city map into 5 categories1 - residential area2 - commercial area (shopping)3 - parks (city park and sports arena)4 - industrial area (factories)5 - business district (tall buildings and apartments)And each submission by members will go under an appropriate category. :) is it too much? Keep them all in one place?

Cool, I will make a shop right away... :)

So how do I get my building onto the Community site? I have a new "house" to add to the Project.

Posted Image

That's really cool jlhaslip. Very nice work. How in the world did you make that anyway? I don't think I'd have the patience to work on that. It looks like it took a lot of work. The community project really looks great. I like the movable objects on there, they look cool. Nice job to all who have worked on it or added their piece.

Ok, this is the Xisto community Project...
How this works is, you design a 2D shop front that can be no larger that 200px wide and 400px high.

After you make your shop front, just post it here and ill add it to the street...

To view the street as it progresses, you can see it HERE!

So what are you waiting for? Get making! Oh, and have fun!

I think this a very clever idea and a great way to get people involved. Unfortunately, like OpaQue, I suck at graphics. But I'll give it a shot.

I'm having trouble getting to your site to see the street however... keep getting "server not found" errors... can you enlighten me on this?
Notice from jlhaslip:
edit to include new project address http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

Here is the current project address:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

That's really cool jlhaslip. Very nice work. How in the world did you make that anyway? I don't think I'd have the patience to work on that. It looks like it took a lot of work. The community project really looks great. I like the movable objects on there, they look cool. Nice job to all who have worked on it or added their piece.

A friend made this for me and she did a marvellous job, me thinks.

Step aside for electriic ink's country mansion!

Posted Image

Edit:

After uploading I thought that might be too big. If such is so, please use this one (it's 75% of the size):

Posted Image

WHOA! Amazing...complete with sun shine.But didn't we say 2D image?? LOL jhaslip has started a new trend :)Uploaded. Please try to design it in 2D in GIF format. Why? Because that was the original post rule and it kinda reminds pixelife, Sim City and older Sim Life. Maximum width is 200px and maximum height is 400px. Transparent background and try in GIF format.

Hey this is really interesting idea I may have try it myself to try to construct my own 2D shop :unsure:Can anyone just tell me if there is file size limit because I was reading few pages and there was no site of how much is the biggest file size. And even now it takes a bit long to load this.

Ah, thank you for your contribution. Keep it coming guys!

Can anyone just tell me if there is file size limit because I was reading few pages and there was no site of how much is the biggest file size. And even now it takes a bit long to load this.

There's no file size limit. As long as it stays within 200x400 it will be alright.