xisto Community
OpaQue

Free Domain Name Free Domain for Life.

Wow this is an amazing offer. I really need to get to 280 credits quickly because i really could use a domain name. Until last semester, I always had around 30 - 70 credits in my account because i had much more time to post and such. However, then i got really busy and lost most of my credits. I guess its time to really start posting and checking my account daily. :-)

WOW!! This is unbelievable. I just joined today and I am trying to build my credits for one hosting project. Now you have this coming up. It is a very good thing I am still in the collecting credits stage. This will work very well with my plan to build a lot of credits before planning to use them for hosting. Thanks so much for the goodies you pass along to your members.

Hey its sounds like your planning to save 100+ credits or so before you apply for hosting. That would be a waste because once you apply for hosting your credits reset to zero. I dont hink you can save up to 310 credits then apply for free hosting package 2 + domain name + 1 month hosting. I think you gotta be hosted first with package 1 or 2 then get your credits reset. Build up credits again from zero points while being hosted up to 280 credits then you can apply to get domain name + 1 month hosting.

No that would not be necessary.. We do not reset the credits to zero for the free domain. The credits are reset only for hosting.For your domain name, either me or OpaQue will deduct it from your account. So you can apply for domain and then the package 2If you apply for the package 2, your credits will be reset to zero.

Wow, that is great. I think this is an offer that will attract some new members. (That is quite good, I think.) But I have a question about "1 Year Free Renewal", what is it renewing of?

This is great! I was just checking the posting of this to see if it was still active or not. I'm very glad I did. This is a great deal. I recently found Xisto.com from an organic search. I like that the forum encourages properly rewarded postings. Rather than just a great deal of hub-bub about nothing.Albeit it will take a while for new members to get that many credits, it is a very worthy reward. You could even compete with "GoDaddy," eh?

What does "GoDaddy" offer anyway? Free domain name or free hosting or both? I've heard the name a couple of times but never checked them out. Don't really need to bother now anyway, cos Xisto has give me all my web hosting needs. Features are just awesome. I just wish I had the time and money to run a more professional website with Xisto.By the way, have any of you guys calculated how much time it would take to get 280 credit points for the free domain name? I have no idea how to, so it'd be great if you could help me out. An approximate would also be welcomed. Thanks

This is certainly the best on the web.I was so disappointed with free-joomlas.com.After making my site the way i wanted I realized days later you cannot edit the templates built in so not only has it got info I do not want on my site, its full of ad bright ads which they get paid for.Very frustrating, hence why I'm here and here to stay!Love you guys keep up the good work and keep open-source free for all.Peace out. Haz :)

This is great! I was just checking the posting of this to see if it was still active or not. I'm very glad I did. This is a great deal. I recently found Xisto.com from an organic search. I like that the forum encourages properly rewarded postings. Rather than just a great deal of hub-bub about nothing.
Albeit it will take a while for new members to get that many credits, it is a very worthy reward. You could even compete with "GoDaddy," eh?

Looked at the godaddy site... doesnt look that good.

Does anyone out there know if they do joomla hosting etc?

Feedback would be great :)

hey all, i am very tempted by this offer and just have a few questions to clear out, then will act upon this:1) the answer to this is most likely yes, however can you use credits you have bought to get your free domain?2) i am currently hosted, and my site is bthaxor.trap17.com. when i apply for the free domain projekthaxor.com, which is available, do i still get to keep my old subdomain as well??? also, when i log into my ftp client, do i use a new ftp server?3) in some of my pages, i have links to bthaxor.trap17.com. will i have to change this to projekthaxor.com, or does it automatically redirect or something (sounds like a stupid question, answer is most likely yes)4) i have many scripts set up which require a mysql database. currently, my databases have the prefix 'bthaxor'. will this change?thanks so much if you can clarify these things.

1) the answer to this is most likely yes, however can you use credits you have bought to get your free domain?

I think so. Credits are credits... I am not certain that the system keeps track of "bought credits" versus "earned credits"

2) i am currently hosted, and my site is bthaxor.trap17.com. when i apply for the free domain projekthaxor.com, which is available, do i still get to keep my old subdomain as well??? also, when i log into my ftp client, do i use a new ftp server?

Yes, see also below answer...

3) in some of my pages, i have links to bthaxor.trap17.com. will i have to change this to projekthaxor.com, or does it automatically redirect or something (sounds like a stupid question, answer is most likely yes)

I have a subdomain of the Xisto named jlhaslip.trap17.com and I have the Domain Name jlhaslip.com "Parked" on the sibdomain. Users can access either one. Depending on the manner in which you code the site's links will determine the handling of the visitors. If you have 'absolute links', such as:
<a href="http://subdomain.trap17.com">link</a>
, and they come to your site via domain.com, then any link they press will take them to the subdomain. If you use 'relative links' like:
<a href="./page.html">link</a>
, then the entry domain or subdomain will be active. It might take a period of time for the Users to catch on to the domain name, but a conversion is possible. The good part is that Parking the Domain will allow access to both the Domain and the Subdomain. Overriding (changing to just the Domain) will not allow the access for the subdomain. I recommend Parking the Domain.

4) i have many scripts set up which require a mysql database. currently, my databases have the prefix 'bthaxor'. will this change?

See above... keep the subdomain will allow these scripts to continue to work. (I think :) )
I hope this helps. Post any further questions you might have.

thanks so much... so it's kinda like, you login with the same server, same username and password for ftp and cpanel, but you have another folder for your domain?oh well, i think that when i apply, i will probably understand.final question: does that mean that you must pay two credits a day, because you are upkeeping both a subdomain and a domain?

Edited by bthaxor (see edit history)

does that mean that you must pay two credits a day, because you are upkeeping both a subdomain and a domain?

No. One credit per day for Hosting. The Domain expense is 250 credits up-front, annually.
It has not been a year since the Free domain name thing started, so I haven't actually seen a renewal, but I assume that the Account would be charged 250 per year on renewal, so you need to have those credits in your account in advance of the Renewal date.

I like this idea a lot....I only have 3 credits at the moment, but i'll make it up without spam! So as far as I get this: Get 280 credits, apply, get domain for a year, then after the year get another 280 and re apply for it again?And nothing else will change for my site or cpanel or anything except the domain?