xisto Community
OpaQue

Free Domain Name Free Domain for Life.

Thirty credits in an hours really isn't that bad. Some people takes a week or even longer to build up that many credits as they don't have as much time or they spend more time putting thought into a post. If you work at that rate you could have a domain name in about 8 hours of work which is really rather nice rather than having to put in credit card information on an actual site. Just look at it this way, 250 is better than 365

just curious, how long will it take for an average person to make 30 credits? just wondering as I have just started. I think it is a great opertunity for us to work for a prize. anyway. 250/280 is a little much but hopfully i can start. somthing else on my mind. if we apply for lets say packedge#1 for 10 credits, would ten credits be deducted from our accound for hosting? :P

To answer your questions as for an average hard to say really maybe 1-2 hours depending on how much you type because the longer your posts are the more credits you will get. So if you a fast type and you know what you want to say you maybe able to a few minutes off the time needed to make 30 credits. As for the the price of getting that free domain I just ask this would you rather pay for the domain in cash once a more or once a year or would you rather posts good quality stuff in the forums and renew that domain once a year with little to no effort and save yourself some cash?

As for the deduction yes you will lose 10 credits however, just a warning that if you have more credits 10 or 30 you will lose those as well when you apply for hosting. So think about which hosting plan and get the right amount of credits you need that way you won't lose any earn credit past that, and just remember to make sure your posts are of quality and not one liner, spammish, or off topic. Of course I would recommend reading the Xisto Read Me as that will explain everything you need to do before and after get hosted.

Wow, this is great...This actually means, that within a few weeks of quality postings, you can get yourself a free domain name. I love this scheme. And I'm gonna keep on posting as much as I can. The best thing is, the topics in the forum are pretyy interesting so it's not really hard work to earn 280 points.

Dear Members,

We are planning to give out free domains for Xisto Members. This program will be in BETA as we are uncertain about the response.

FREE DOMAIN OFFER

Any one of the following will be allowed for 250 credits.

1 FREE DOMAIN per Member for 1 Year.

1 Year Free Renewal.

Free Transfer

REQUIREMENTS

We deduct 250 Credits from every approved application. However, you must have 280 credits to apply. So that, after the deduction, you have 30 credits remaining in your account.

The following are the general rules.

User must have Quality Posts.

Every member is eligible for only 1 domain.

Approval is on Staff's discretion.

Website will be hosted by Xisto.

Credits Required to apply : 280 ( out of which only 250 would be deducted)

APPLICATION STEPS

To process the request as fast as possible, please follow the following steps :-

Collect 280 Credits by making GENUINE QUALITY posts without copying. Spamming can lead to suspension of your account.

Go to https://xisto.com/ and SEARCH for your domain name.

If Domain name is available or (if you want to transfer):-

Go ahead with registration until you are asked to PAY.

Close your browser window.

Put an application for Free Domain at Xisto. (click for Free Domain Name)

FAQ : Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have to be hosted first and then collect the credits to get the domain?

Yes, it is necessary.

Will the domain be a .com or .net .org or other?

.com/.net/.org/.info allowed. More to be added soon.

If the one year of having this domain is over, do you lose your hosting and have to apply for a new one, or it will be replaced by a subdomain?

Members will have the opportunity to collect 250 credits again by the next year and apply for renewal before 1 month of expiry.

Members also have the option to manually RENEW their domain by payment at https://xisto.com/

Are we allowed to choose one of the three options? Which mean I have to get 250 credits to get a domain and another 250 if I wanted to transfer it etc...?

No. 250 credits for REGISTRATION OR TRANSFER.

If we got a domain and hosting, do we have to pay a credit per day like an ordinary hosting account? Or we will get a year with the hosting offer for no credits per day/month?

Everything continues as before. You must have credits in your account to keep up your hosting.

How long will this offer be available?

This offer is in BETA stage. We cannot guarantee any date of expiry for this offer. Its under testing and depending on the response, We might change the rules in future.

How many members can apply for free domain?

1 Hosted Member => 1 Domain.

So if you get 280 points year the domain is yours forever? Because that would be awesome. You guys rule. Regards!

can i just ask a couple of questions:1) when you say that your files would be transferred for free, does that mean they will be chmodded the same as well?2) would your mysql databases be transferred as well, under the same names?3) when you say that .com domains are available, can i get a .com.au domain?4) i would like haxor.com, however whois says it is already taken. i go to haxor.com, and there is nothing there. would i be able to choose it?5) in relation to my previous question, i can see that on whois, haxor.com is taken until the 28th of august, next year. say that i am not able to register for such a domain now, and i register for a free domain under another name. when august 28th comes next year, will i be able to 'renew' my free domain via another 280 credits, and then get my website transferred from the current domain to haxor.com? if i can, then do 1) and 2) apply?thanks, and i reckon this is just another great Xisto initiative. this truly shows that Xisto is the best free web hosting. even some paid hosts still require you to have a subdomain.

1) when you say that your files would be transferred for free, does that mean they will be chmodded the same as well?2) would your mysql databases be transferred as well, under the same names?

When you get a domain your files and databases do not actually move anywhere. The domain is applied to your hosting account, so there isn't any need to copy or move files around as far as I am aware.

3) when you say that .com domains are available, can i get a .com.au domain?

A .com.au domain is a ccTLD - this means it is managed by a company based in Australia and usually only issued to people in Australia. Therefore Xisto wouldn't be able to register one.

4) i would like haxor.com, however whois says it is already taken. i go to haxor.com, and there is nothing there. would i be able to choose it?

No. Even if the page is blank, that domain has still been paid for by someone and it is therefore theirs while they continue to pay for it. You could appeal to ICANN that the domain is not being used fairly - but that is an expensive and lengthy process that really isn't worth it.

5) in relation to my previous question, i can see that on whois, haxor.com is taken until the 28th of august, next year. say that i am not able to register for such a domain now, and i register for a free domain under another name. when august 28th comes next year, will i be able to 'renew' my free domain via another 280 credits, and then get my website transferred from the current domain to haxor.com? if i can, then do 1) and 2) apply?

If you went for a different domain then that domain would be yours for a year. There is nothing to say that haxor.com would become free on 24/08/2008. The owner usually gets 3 months after that date to renew it, and they have every right to. Only if, after that time, they hadn't renewed it would you be able to get it. Also, you are only allowed one free domain and I'm not sure if you would be allowed to get rid of the first free domain before the year was up and then get another one. 1) and 2) aren't really relevant as, once again, the files never actually move - only the address that points to them changes.

thanks for clarifying that rvalkass, i think it would be worth it then. i'll just sign up to phaxor.com... but i would also like to know - say that this scenario were to happen:i sign up for free domain hosting,. under phaxor.com which is available, and then before my one year free hosting expired, i would like to move it to haxor.com (this is after the three-month renewal period and all that). would Xisto do that for me free?

i sign up for free domain hosting,. under phaxor.com which is available, and then before my one year free hosting expired, i would like to move it to haxor.com (this is after the three-month renewal period and all that). would Xisto do that for me free?

When you register a domain, you cannot switch which domain you have registered, so I would assume that no, Xisto wouldn't do that for you. You would most likely need to wait for your one year registration of phaxor.com to expire then apply with another 280 credits for haxor.com

However, I am not entirely sure of that answer. If you require a certain decision then I suggest you PM OpaQue or BuffaloHELP, although they are fairly busy and there may be a bit of a delay for a reply.

can i just ask a couple of questions:

1) when you say that your files would be transferred for free, does that mean they will be chmodded the same as well?

2) would your mysql databases be transferred as well, under the same names?

3) when you say that .com domains are available, can i get a .com.au domain?

4) i would like haxor.com, however whois says it is already taken. i go to haxor.com, and there is nothing there. would i be able to choose it?

5) in relation to my previous question, i can see that on whois, haxor.com is taken until the 28th of august, next year. say that i am not able to register for such a domain now, and i register for a free domain under another name. when august 28th comes next year, will i be able to 'renew' my free domain via another 280 credits, and then get my website transferred from the current domain to haxor.com? if i can, then do 1) and 2) apply?

thanks, and i reckon this is just another great Xisto initiative. this truly shows that Xisto is the best free web hosting. even some paid hosts still require you to have a subdomain.

1. Rval would be correct only the domain would be applied, and the transfer has to do with transfering domains such as .com to .net.

2. I think the domain is an add-on and not park, but if it is parked I would believe the change would be instant or in some funky fashion the domain does a redirect or something.

correction for #2

The domain is frre ranged meaning that you can park it or do an add on, and I do believe if you park the domain the MySQL DB will be updated to reflect that change.

3. Well right now just .com .net and .org are available and so when it was first started depending on the success more might be added on.

4-5. Like Rval said your out of luck on that one and the owner gets priority, however if you can find a contact info on the person who owns the domain maybe your can purchase it from directly.

thanks for clarifying that rvalkass, i think it would be worth it then. i'll just sign up to phaxor.com... but i would also like to know - say that this scenario were to happen:

i sign up for free domain hosting,. under phaxor.com which is available, and then before my one year free hosting expired, i would like to move it to haxor.com (this is after the three-month renewal period and all that). would Xisto do that for me free?

Nope you would have to apply for a new domain after your first one expires or you cancel it.
Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)