xisto Community
OpaQue

Free Domain Name Free Domain for Life.

lol Wow! Now I wish I kept all my credits over the years. That's ok though, I'll be able to make them back up. That's really cool that you guys are giving out domains. I know a lot of people have been bugging you for it and they finally get what they wanted. Hopefully they'll be happy now. That seems like a good price because that is for one year and if you think about it, you need 365 credits for one year of hosting, you just have to save up for this all at once and it's a one time fee.

Will the amount of hosting credits ever go down? That seems like it would take forever to get. But, that's just me.I would do it, and use it. But, i do not want to waste all of my time trying to post. I think i would be better off just buying one. But that's just me. No offense.

Edited by savagemonkeyz14 (see edit history)

That sure is an amazing offer! However, it will not be easy to achieve, but I'm willing to give it a try! There is only one thing that troubles me a lil' bit - if this is all in BETA stage, that menas that if I manage to get to let's say 250 credits and I only need 30 more and you decide to quit with the whole thing, everything is lost?Have anyone done it already? It would be great if someone would post if it works and OpaQue please post how things are going so that people can stop posting that much somewhere in the middle if it turns out that this service won't work anymore....Thanks and good luck with posting people!

I was just thinking about this because when I submitted my application for hosting I saw this option also and it just disappeared later on. How really do you register and apply for it I have read this first forum post and FAQ's. I would like to know whether it reappears when you collect 250 credits and what actually happens when you obtain it does it deduce more daily from your account or it deduces same amount 1 credit per 24 hours? Thanks in advance.

Wow, this is such a cool idea. Though in my opinion, it wouldn't be that hard to reach 280 credits. I mean, if you're an active member and don't take a lot of time off you should be able to easily achieve this amount of credits. Maybe one day I will reach it. Hopefully by then the service is still up!And I'm just as curious as heavensounds, has anyone here obtained their domain through this offer?

This is really awesome guys. I know things were rough on my first day or two here but the more I hang around here the more I'm liking this community. And this is just raising the bar once again for all other web hosts on the net. Keep up the Above and Beyond the Call of Duty work guys.The Xisto Community is by far one of the most useful and even educational sites I've ever belonged to. My hat goes off to all who work hard to keep this community alive, Staff or Member alike.

I was just thinking about this because when I submitted my application for hosting I saw this option also and it just disappeared later on. How really do you register and apply for it I have read this first forum post and FAQ's. I would like to know whether it reappears when you collect 250 credits and what actually happens when you obtain it does it deduce more daily from your account or it deduces same amount 1 credit per 24 hours? Thanks in advance.

Damn, that's like so COOL!

OpaQue, you just keep on making this community and hosting service better and better!

Ofcourse getting 280 credits for the domain is going to be bit hard but then after you get one, you have one entire year to grab those many credits and I think that won't be tough at all. Usually when I get some good topics to post on, I get like 5 or 6 credits each day. But my usual gaps of 3 and 2 months makes all of my credits go to vain. :)

*swears he'll post more and more, with quality of course* :)

Noooo!!! I saw this under the free web-hosting application form, and I assumed that you didn't need hosting first! I have 240 creds and if i get hosting they will all be reset!!!!! I wish there was a cry emotion to express my feelings of this....Anyway it sounds good, i just wish that getting hosting wouldn't reset my credits, or I didn't need hosting first :) :) :(

Noooo!!! I saw this under the free web-hosting application form, and I assumed that you didn't need hosting first! I have 240 creds and if i get hosting they will all be reset!!!!!
I wish there was a cry emotion to express my feelings of this....

Anyway it sounds good, i just wish that getting hosting wouldn't reset my credits, or I didn't need hosting first :):( :(

Well, you could ask OpaQue or BuffaloHELP for this!

Or, if you agree, then transfer your credits to either of the Admins or the Mods if you trust them and then when you get your hosting and you are left with 2 credits, tell them to transfer those credits back to you. This might be a way but I am not too sure of this! :)

Noooo!!! I saw this under the free web-hosting application form, and I assumed that you didn't need hosting first! I have 240 creds and if i get hosting they will all be reset!!!!!
I wish there was a cry emotion to express my feelings of this....

Anyway it sounds good, i just wish that getting hosting wouldn't reset my credits, or I didn't need hosting first :) :) :(

The credit system is very generous for non-hosted members. Hence, collecting 200 credits is piece of cake. We cannot help much with the existing credits, You will have to apply for hosting and then for the domain :-)

If you can register a domain at Xisto - Domains.com, you can use the same credits to renew your hosting. (provided you are a hosted member).

What if you got hosting somewhere else say like Xisto or quipis or some other webhosting place, couldn't you just go ahead and generate the credits as a regular member and then when you get the 250 ge the domain and then just transfer it to that other account? Yes I am talking about the credit crossing, but it would seem logical to so, if someone posts on both sites and only has one account, it could be feasible to use those credits from the non hosting account to apply for a domain.Does that make some sense?

It does make sense but definitely makes things complicated. SM, when we think of services, we have to think in bulk. If things are complicated it causes Lags. And people coming to Trap for hosting are very impatient .. :-) (but they cool down later)

i just want to ask who owns the domain name. Xisto or is the person who signed up for it the legal registrant

The person who is requesting free Domain from Xisto is the registered owner.

The credit Deduction will be the same. There won't be any change. :-)

Xisto services do not have hidden conditions or catches. Everything is open, clear and simple :-) Just as always...

This sounds like a great idea, like most of OpaQue's ideas.Currently I am hosted with Xisto - Web Hosting, so am I able to get this package?Also, I have had a couple of issues regarding credits (I think jlhaslip knows about it), leaving me with an obscene credit amount that I will not disclose. Are these credits eligible for the domain package?