xisto Community
OpaQue

Free Domain Name Free Domain for Life.

Sounds very beautiful! I've noticed this thread is more than a year old. Does this offer still stand? Has anyone ever been able to post enough material to earn that many credits.

you need 280 credits. 250 will go for your domain name and you will be left with 30 credits left over(approximately 1 month hosting)

everyone needs to read the very first post very carefully if they are interested in a free top level domain like i recieved. it really does explain everything you need and need to do

getting your free domain has nothing to do with how many posts. in fact, if you post even 400 times and recieve 400 credits but wait a year to apply, your credits would have gone down to 35 total credits which is FAR from the credits you need(280) for a free domain name and registration.

in fact, if you post 28 top quality posts for 10 credits each, you will have 280 credits EXACTLY....but if wait a day to register without posting more, you will be one credit short :) so you don't even need 100 posts. only 28 top quality posts for 10 credits each if each post is still worth a max 10 credits. now isn't that easier than thinking you need to post 300 times? or even 100???

Oh, don't get me scared. I hope this is still running and going. otherwise this thread would be closed.Just need to get 100-150-300 posts :)

I don't know what you mean. If you have 250 credits you can get a free domain. You must maintain your credits though. Remember to read the readme file too Deretto, unless you have already. :)-Sky

can't wait i was planning on buying a domain but heh :) you guys are great a free domain will go down very well for me thanks for this :) ill tell all my friends about this! What will you guys come up with next hahaha keep it up guys!- Daftpunk

Edited by daftpunk (see edit history)

oh wow... yesterday i was going to buy a new domain name but thank god my link got disconnected..lolzand now i have found this amazing thread 280 is not a very hard goal. maybe i will register many domains and point all of them to main site. :lol:

Is this servise available now??????????????

Yes. These domains are still available.
When you meet the required amount of credits go and check to see if your domain is available from Xisto - Domains. If it is available then come back on Xisto, and apply for your domain. :lol:

A very simple thing you must do. ^_^

-Sky

Haha, this is my dream. May I ask how many members that are actually using this opportunity at the moment? It sure takes a lot of credits and a lot of time to reach the credit limit...

I was having a few doubts regarding the domains offered.Will these domains be wholly owned by the person for 1 year period or lets say provided on a sharing basis by XistoNext, Are these domain names renewable. If yes will the same 250 credit system work?Further, Can we use the domain for a different hosting, for example i have a blog for which i would be needing a domain name. Can i be able to use the domain provided by Xisto for that particular blogLastly, How long can this free domain offer(i would call it an offer) be available, i.e., are there any intentions to withdraw this scheme??

No. The domains are specifically (I think) for Xisto Hosting members. No other services. Once we reach 250 hosting credits I think we must make our application for a domain name. We must first find and search for our domain to see if It's available then cancel the search, type our domain into the application form and wait for it to be denied/approved.I only have 27.something credits. ^_^ I'm no where near to getting a domain. Theres hardly nothing to talk about since the forum is inactive most of the time, with little few members on.We need to get advertising maybe, and get some more topics/posts being posted. :lol:-Sky

Yes 250 credits but it is quite hard to get if you are hosted because you lose 1 credit a day! So i guess we all should get posting if we want a free domain! Or Else just buy one but i prefer to get a free one!Sure the best things in life are free and this is a free domain :lol:Good Luck!