xisto Community
OpaQue

The Trap17 Story

Wow, nice to know that.In that case, bringing up Xisto to its current level is one hell of an achievement!Great going, dude! Keep up the good work!

yeah quite a nice story indeed, congratulations! I don't know if there are similar services on the internet but you definitely deserve it if Xisto becomes even more successful :)

Posted Image

I found a useful site today, the Web Archive's Wayback Machine, which keeps a history of websites, caching them much like Google does. Here I found an archive of how Xisto used to look back in 2001. This might bring back some memories for some of the older members here and I thought I'd share it with you all. Does anybody remember when Xisto used to look like this....

Posted Image

... apparently this was when Xisto was being run from "Shop No.31, Ashiana Building, Opp. McDonald's, Behind Abhyudya Bank, Sector 17, Vashi-410703." It seems that the links were just to a collection of other links, and there was no forum as such. Xisto appears, as per The Xisto Story, to be an Internet Café at the time. There is a break of two years where the Wayback Machine doesn't capture any new information on the domain, and then on 29 May 2004 a bright new website is found by the Wayback Machine on the Xisto.com domain, and on this site there is the following announcement....

Comming Soon!

A new channel for Xisto is in progress which will deal with Paleontology and stuff and give information about various other topics.

We are also stepping into Domain Registration business. It would be started shortly. We would be offering at exceptionally CHEAP rates.

If a Good response and financial support is received, We are also planning to offer FREE HOSTING services and would like to make sure that it remains one of the best!

Just a little history that I thought I'd share with you all. You can see the entry from 29 May 2004, along with its nifty Flash logo, on the Wayback Machine page for that day.

that was a very interesting story. i didn't know that there was so much hardship. it is 2008 now and i notice you have google ads up now. are you making a profit now? a profit just makes things more fun! ^_^ how did you become involved with xisto? does xisto own the site or are you parterns with them? i'm a little confused lol. :lol:

Edited by joeblogg (see edit history)

Wow, an awesome story. I'd still like to hear more about what's happened since then. How about some updates? For example, did Google ever get their act together and at least try to remedy their mistakes? You'd think they'd have some kind of way to make sure someone can't just put another out of business like that through dumb clicking.

Oh, and I've been recommending you guys for years. Here's my newest creation:

Where to Find Free Web Hosting - Helium

I know I might've been a bit quiet on the forums lately, but that doesn't mean I'm not recommending Xisto :)

Wow..thanks for this amazing service man!Eversince i joined i feel i have a home on the net at last..the forums are really interesting!Keep up the good work. God bless you mate!

I loved the story, I'm glad you took your time to write it all out it's like reading Xisto's personal diary! I wish I could do something like that, but then again I'm only 18.

That's a great story, and you, my friend OpaQue have what it takes to be a successful businessman. Keep up the good work and I believe you'll get really good results (if you are not actually getting them by now, since your story started so long ago).I found your business model quite attractive and innovative. I'm sure it can be quite profitable too.Thanks for everything!

that is quite the story, i admire your tenacity for sticking with the website. The results seem to be just what you put into it, my impressions have been that the website runs very honestly, straightforwardly... no hidden agendas.. i think that's one of it's main appeals. Plus moderators and support are very accessible... obviously if an individual is looking to start a new website, they can get their questions answered here and on top of that get hosted for free. I appreciate what you guys are doing, so keep it up :D

I think it would be nice if OpaQue updated his story and let everyone know just how it's going these days.I remember the days I was very active on Trap and I had his AIM, he was very accessible, a pleasure to be a part of.

Its a sweet story. And thanks for your all sacrifice for the members of Xisto.You are the great man to help many web masters. Its your great work you will be in heaven after your death.Thanks keep on making your site great.I am a boy of 16 yrs old.I will use your forum until I die its my promise.Thanks opaque.Arjun pun

That is indeed a long and beautiful story. Google AdSense is really a double-edged sword - it's not the publisher's fault if a sadist member clicks on too many ads and causes overflow. Google's policy is valid of course they don't know whether it is a sadist member or just the publisher clicking from another ip, but still it is pointless if the publisher loses his money for no fault of his. Having said that I can't think of a solution myself to such a situation :(Well anyway I'm glad this site made it through the tough times and hope it lasts forever and ever and ever! :angel:

An amazing story OpaQue.We have so much to thank you for. It certainly sounds like a lot that you've been through.Not only that,the trap 17 forum is one of the best on theinternet, and of course the best web host of them all.