xisto Community
OpaQue

The Trap17 Story

Wow, I've never thought about that before I read the history of Xisto. Well, at first I still cannot believe that a single website can survive giving webhosting with so much of features (including PHP and MySQL). But now, I've read so much of your struggling back then when initially built this place. Yes, you've taught me that nothing can be achieved without so much of struggling over the obstacles. You are great to keep this site still on until now, I admit it. And also, about the name, yeah 'Trap' is making me freaking out at first time. I set up all of my firewalls and antivirus before I surfed to here. You see, I'm afraid to be trapped, well anyone will right? But now I've known all the story between the name and the site progress, I'm not afraid anymore. For now on, I will spread the news of you in my other forums, because I myself have experienced the great features by your site. And for that I thank you, also I hope this site will forever stands.

Very interesting story. Its nice to know that people liek you are out there in the world willing to help others like this. Let me tell you that you made the right decision in sticking with the site because look how active it is now! Keep up the good work!

The story of Xisto is really inspiring. The humble begining has now become the meeting spot for 11447 people online. Really a great acheivement. And it needs a lot of courage and deternination when everything around you fails. Great work done OpaQue. You'll not be forgetten by each and every member of the Xisto Family.

I have been a member of Xisto for over an year and a half now and I am sure that day I made the best possible decission. In this year and a half I never thought about changing to another host. Xisto IS THE BEST.Well didn't know the story of Xisto until today when (I admit) I accidentally saw this thread. I read it twice so I wouldn't loose anything...It is nice OpaQue to see someone make something great out of a passion. I think OpaQue will agree with me when I say Xisto is a huge success today. I also hope that today or someday in the future you'll make some profits out of Xisto... you deserve it fully!PS: I just had a suggestion about this, but I'll post it in the right section...

I got hundreds of PM's asking what the hell is Xisto, how did I get this name, what does it mean.. there is also a thread open regarding this. While most of the people are still wondering, what does Xisto mean ??
Ok! Time to open up the secret!

Warm Regards,
OpaQue.

Wow! That was quite an impressive story, but I wanted to ask a question that I hope will be perceived in the manner which it was intended, which is what they call "politically correct" in the United States. Although you write in what is very "readable" English, it is apparent that English is probably not your native language, or maybe even the one that you use most often. Would it be rude to ask what your linguistic background might be? I like to guess where people might be from based on their spoked accents, but it is harder to tell from their written English. By the way, I ONLY speak and write English, so the fact that you are fluent it probably at least two langauges already makes you superior to me!

What a great story. So many difficulties to get to where you are, but that makes us appreciate being at Xisto even more. So many things were sacrificed just to get here. And it is really amazing that you do all these without making any profit for yourself, I am sure at least 1/4 of the members of the forum would have no qualms giving you a donation for all your hard work on the forum. The base and foundation of Xisto is built, we can only grow more popular but I hope in future, Xisto should never become commercial, let Xisto - Web Hosting.com handle it. The fact that Xisto is free, and encourages constructive input from its users is what draws people to the forum. A lot of them were looking for a good site to post in and also get some good quality hosting out of it. But sooner or later, I am going to move to Xisto - Web Hosting.com, once I have applied for my debit card :)

Wow! That was quite an impressive story, but I wanted to ask a question that I hope will be perceived in the manner which it was intended, which is what they call "politically correct" in the United States. Although you write in what is very "readable" English, it is apparent that English is probably not your native language, or maybe even the one that you use most often. Would it be rude to ask what your linguistic background might be? I like to guess where people might be from based on their spoked accents, but it is harder to tell from their written English. By the way, I ONLY speak and write English, so the fact that you are fluent it probably at least two langauges already makes you superior to me!

Yes, you are right. :-) English is not my native language. I generally speak Hindi, Marathi and Kanadda here. I never scored good in English...so please don't mind my ..err.. broken english, poor vocabs and spelling mistakes. :lol: I usually communicate my ideas in a simple language which I believe is easier for a large population of people (non-english) to grasp and understand. :-)

Wow now this story does tell me a thing or two about the virtue of keeping patience when 'it itself' is hard to find. I may not be an avid biographical artical reader but still I gotta tell you that truly its an awesome story so far to speak of it. Most of us lose our patience after failing in our attempts once or twice at the most but you have been rocking the free hosting world even after facing so many setbacks. Cheers for you man.

Very nice story. I really enjoyed reading that one. Quite emotional at some points, but you battled through that and good on your for doing so. I believe for you it was well worth the trouble and all because now you have such great websites and companies. You and all of the staff have done really well in making and maintaining this website. If this website ever closes, I truly do not know what to do. This website is one of the few things I actually use on the internet, along with Wikipedia ;).Anyway, very good website and overall one of the best I have ever been on and the best community on the internet!

Wow that is some story I did not realize how deep Xisto is. Well now I know.

About time to resurrect this relic and let the newer members have a look at the trials and tribulations Opaque has gone through to bring them this site...