xisto Community
Dagoth Nereviar

Are You A Gamer? How Are You Weight Wise? (See topic to explain poll options)

See topic for explaination  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I play games a lot. But I do more webdesign stuff. But it's all the same, sitting at the computer, no matter what you're doing.I spend most my time here, and I'm actually quick skinny. Barely 100 pounds. I eat whatever the heck I feel like. If I feel like cookies, I'll eat cookies.

Just to point out the obvious, polls like this won't get realistic statistics. You will get more people voting for the more favorable answers. If someone thinks they are overweight they probably won't want to submit their results as much as someone who thinks they are of an average weight. Not all viewers vote and therefore polls often display statistics relevant to only groups of people.
What do u think?

True, but I was hoping that since they don't have to reply, the poll is quite impersonal and the person answering wouldn't feel as bothered...

Are you trying to suggest that gamers are overweight by any chance?

No, I'm not really trying to suggest anything...It was just for my own personal "amusement" (to put it an easy way) and because people tend to think that gamers are overweight, but I thought more of them were under weight (as some said in an earlier post).

I also made this because people say the only way to loose weight is to eat only healthy foods/no carbs/lots of exercise/etc. While eating the right foods do make you loose weight, it doesn't mean you should eat only healthy, and likewise with exercise. As you can see from the poll, although like PaulMason said they're not that accurate, it does show that even people who get little exercise and eat crap are skinny.

this information helps any, I know a lot of people, including me, who'd rather play games in the dead of the night.

lol i thought i was the only 1 who did that......
my weight is kinda normal...i eat healthily usually, my mum is a total healthy-balanced-diet-fanatic :lol:

however,when i was on WoW (world of warcraft) one of the people in my guild said he lost 10 pounds after playing WoW for a month! he then said that the perfect method of dieting is a challenge to get to level 60 in 3 months ^_^
i h8 WoW now, and i dont play it cos its so damned addictive, but i can see what he means...the longer u play, the longer u forget about eating, even if your hungry!

if any1s seen the PurePwnage episodes (http://www.purepwnage.com/)
then remember this line

"yah, so i was like, don't you want anything to eat? you havent eaten for 3 days....and then he was like 'well, my spirit is so high, im just gonna sit here and regen!'"

:P:D:D

i h8 WoW now, and i dont play it cos its so damned addictive, but i can see what he means...the longer u play, the longer u forget about eating, even if your hungry!

Well that's the weird thing, because alot of people would think "well, they must be thin because they starve themselves" but I don't starve myself, and when I'm hungry I'll eat, and it's usually fatty crap so I should be fat...and you get people who starve themselves to try and get thin and it usually doesn't work...so people who say gamers need exercise and eat healthy to stay thin can shush :D

"yah, so i was like, don't you want anything to eat? you havent eaten for 3 days....and then he was like 'well, my spirit is so high, im just gonna sit here and regen!'"
:lol:^_^:D

:D :D :P awesome :D

It would be nice if we could find correlations between the three answers, so we would be able to connect excesive gaming with overweight problems or something like that if you know what I mean. Three different poles without any connection are for themsleves of no real statistical use...

It would be nice if we could find correlations between the three answers, so we would be able to connect excesive gaming with overweight problems or something like that if you know what I mean. Three different poles without any connection are for themsleves of no real statistical use...

Yeah, it would be...but I wasn't really aiming to get that, it would of just been a nice "side effect" :P

I would say I play games quite a lot, get fairly little exercise except walking to/from lessons (big school) and cycling in (7 min journey) every morning. i eat what I want, when i want, and unfortunately it seems that the only "easy to get" food available out of meal times is the fatty stuff. I churn it down. Nevertheless, i am still slightly underweight and not fat at all.I think that there is really no correlation at all between games and overweightness, its just "one of those things" that has spawned out of somewhere, that noone knows, but it was just taken as "true" because it was the obvious assumption.James.

'Ya know, gamers might start getting a lot thinner with the advent of stuff like the Wii. You never know. But I think that gamers should play sports or participate in physical activity as well. It's not hard, just run, lift weights, play tennis, or something...

I am also skinny and cant seem to get any weight. I think I have a fast metabolism too, what I dont like about this, is that it is really hard to build muscle mass, I cant stop from being skinny. I have tried eating a lot for a couple of weeks with no results. So I kind of gave up on the eating thing, and just eat normally like I always have.

yeah i think so, that i'm a gamer... I just like playing games, especially FPS like counter-strike, bf2 or other :P it's like a desease cuz sometimes i can't stop... Well at least that's about me :P

i am a gamer. maybe an addicted gamer... but my pc time also includes reading forums, administrating some and just chatting so i dont play all the time. the game i play most of the time is tibia. its really crappy compared to others but i jist love the ugly 2d look and the people there are the thngs that keep me playing that game.

Are you a gamer?

Yes - born and bred. I started with the ASCII games, moved on to Leisure Suit Larry, then Empire and Tetris (can you believe that's still around??? After almost THIRTY YEARS??) 3D evolutions only dragged me in further. I sat in front of a screen playing Quake for nearly 3 years...which is probably kind of sad. LOL.

What's your weight like?

Skinny - ridiculously skinny given my overall activity level. I'm gifted with a turbo metabolism that actually leads to hypoglycemia if I don't chomp on something somewhat regularly.

How do you eat? (Your diet, basically)

Whatever I feel like - literally. I mostly eat food in bar form. And I don't drink anything other than soda and caffeinated beverages. Thus far, I'm doing well and many people mistake me for someone much younger. So there! nyeah!!

It's just a lot of stereotyping, which probably has little basis especially considering the saturation of video games in our society. Myself, I am a gamer, probably considered normal, or just a little skinny. With food it really depends, at home generally healthy, going out I go for the junk food (as my wallet isn't that fat yet) - so I guess "Whatever I feel like" is the choice.You have to wonder though, isn't there also the stereotype of the skinny nerd/geek? the tall lanky one with glasses/pimples who knows everything about computers? By the looks of the poll this stereotype could have a little more accuracy :P

You have to wonder though, isn't there also the stereotype of the skinny nerd/geek? the tall lanky one with glasses/pimples who knows everything about computers? By the looks of the poll this stereotype could have a little more accuracy :P

Yeah, that's the more accurate one. But alot of the time, gamers/nerds are protrayed (sp?) as fat/chubby, even though it's usually the opposite.
And it's just kinda funny, coz people are dieting and eating right and doing exercise, and gamers usually do what they want, eat what they want, and hardly move and still stay thin :P

Let me point out right now, I am not a "true intense" gamer who sits in front of the Play Station or computer all day playing Grand Theft Auto. I am the type of person who sometimes goes on just to relax, even then I get all tense when I am playing fighting games :P. I am a normal sized person with a normal weight. I have a strict diet, and keep to the five a day. I go out and play sport then relax on Trap 17 :P.