xisto Community
OpaQue

UNLIMITED FREE SPACE AND BANDWIDTH

Hi guys,I just wanna say that Xisto is a really good deal that doesn't resort to underhanded tactics that some other webhosts use. The admins tell you straight up what to expect and what is expected of you. Your hosting accounts are more than generous and they even allow ada,whereelse can you find such good deals except at Xisto. So please complain less, and post more quality posts, help trap and it will help you back with good quality upgrades and you know your data is safe with them. Lets all work together to make this a fantastic community

Opaque, i just want to say that i apreciate the Xisto free hosting and Xisto forums and the Xisto members, staff and admins.I agree with every thing you said, and i know it is true.You have done a good work.Keep up for all the ones that deserve.

Since posting is required for this great service, I don't mind one bit. Once I start making enough money off my site, that it can support itself being on a paid account, I plan to send it over to Xisto - Web Hosting anyway, because I'd like to stay with this company, rather than find a new one, as I know for me, this has been the best I've even be with.So, alas, I'll continue to post away as once my site gets too much traffic (I could only hope lol) I'll just have to move it up to a paid account lol.Anyway, I can't thank you enough Opaque, for all the wonderful stuff you've done with this service and with us. I put all my faith into you, and know you can do it! You rock!

Just to prove how cheap bandwidth (and even Storage space) really is I went on a hunt for a well known hosting company, this company does not specialize in hosting but a different form of internet business. They can give you the following deal:

• 200 GB Space • 2,000 GB Transfer (Thats 2 TERABYTES or 1 million (I think) megabytes)• Forums, Blogging, Photo Galleries • No ads
• FREE! SSL Certificate
• FREE! Google Adwords ($25 credit)

This for only $14.99 Month to month or $11.99/Mo if you stick with them for 24 Months.

The cheapest plan they have is this:

• 5 GB Space • 250 GB Transfer• 500 Email Accounts • FREE! Software
• 10 MySQL Databases • 50 Email Forwards
• Forums, Blogging, Photo Galleries • No ads

$3.99/Mo or $3.19/Mo for 24 month.

Basically bandwidth is cheap and so is storage space.

I won't reveal who this is (they are extremely well known anyway!), I just thought I would post these plans of theirs to show everyone how cheap bandwidth really is.

With how cheap these plans are you could easily have your visitors pay for your hosting bill by having Google AdSense setup.

Heck, if you need help paying the hosting bills too badly you could do what I have seen most Bittorrent trackers do and have a donation button.
Then you simply state (or you can code a chart that autoupdates when you get donations) so far this month we recieved $xxx.x dollars so far in donations, we need $xxx.xx to pay our bandwidth bills!

Here is an example from one of the sites I visit on a weekly basis:

Total User Raisings: $700.08 (57 Donations with 1 Pending -- big thanks to JF, CB, SW, EA, DC and AR for their $50+ donations!)Google Ads for May: $126.38 (Thanks to my motherboard for frying and keeping me and the site offline for 2+ weeks)

Over $100 from Google Ads in a month, you can EASILY get the money you need to cover your hosting bills and earn a small amount on top of that.

See? If you really need to have more then the 3GB offered here at Xisto then simply setup Google Ads and you will have you bills paid for you (Pretty much). :)

Notice from rejected:

Put stats in quotes. Please refrain from posting materials copied without quotes.

Just to prove how cheap bandwidth (and even Storage space) really is I went on a hunt for a well known hosting company, this company does not specialize in hosting but a different form of internet business. They can give you the following deal:
This for only $14.99 Month to month or $11.99/Mo if you stick with them for 24 Months.

The cheapest plan they have is this:

Basically bandwidth is cheap and so is storage space.

I won't reveal who this is (they are extremely well known anyway!), I just thought I would post these plans of theirs to show everyone how cheap bandwidth really is.

With how cheap these plans are you could easily have your visitors pay for your hosting bill by having Google AdSense setup.

Heck, if you need help paying the hosting bills too badly you could do what I have seen most Bittorrent trackers do and have a donation button.
Then you simply state (or you can code a chart that autoupdates when you get donations) so far this month we recieved $xxx.x dollars so far in donations, we need $xxx.xx to pay our bandwidth bills!

Here is an example from one of the sites I visit on a weekly basis:

Over $100 from Google Ads in a month, you can EASILY get the money you need to cover your hosting bills and earn a small amount on top of that.

See? If you really need to have more then the 3GB offered here at Xisto then simply setup Google Ads and you will have you bills paid for you (Pretty much). :)

Notice from rejected:

Put stats in quotes. Please refrain from posting materials copied without quotes.

I bet, use that much by providing mass downloads, and you will find your account suspended for spamming. Happens everywhere... nothing new. Also, BW price depends on Quality, network used etx.

For 199 USD, We can provide servers with unlimited BW that too at 10 mbps dedicated pipeline (unlike others who provide just 1 or 2 mbps).

The argument has no ending if you research the web.... :-)

hm I never thaught it this way about the bandwith unlimited, but it makes sense and your right. But some hosts offer 300 gig a bandwith a month thats cinda unlimited for me. Hi bandwith sites i always host on my own pc.. due to no 1 will host them for me :PThanxs for the free service and for this new info I dident knew :)

Uh ok, that's a kind of stupid question, and will probobly be considered SPAM.
Anyway, 'bandwidth' is the amount of data drawn from the network/server/etc. Eg. if someone downloads a five megabyte file from a server, then they have used five megabytes of bandwidth.

this post was along time ago....but is there a way to ge tthat bandwidth back? like delete the transaction?

...but is there a way to ge tthat bandwidth back? like delete the transaction?

No.
It would be like trying to delete a phone call you have made.
You have used the lines to transmit data. The bandwidth is measured as it leaves the server and counts against your limits the instant it is delivered to the 'net.

i just wonder because like is thee BW and space for 1 day or lifetime? also im wondering is there a way to make 2 hosting account just a question because me and my friend wena do this together so it wont be hard on us. because im planning to use this for a huge thing maybe 50000 clicks and 800000 views in 4 days.

Edited by maplestory (see edit history)

well i think this is really helpfull because if you really host a website a NEW go with free hosting then when you get moreclicks a day if you use and ads you get money and after a while you will be able to afford GOOD host for you domaini recommend GoDaddy.com VERY VERY good host and cheap so ya

ok, so I have specific questions about the hosting service here:1) What version of php is used on the servers?2) Is php curl available?3) Can safe_mode be changed to 'off'?4) What is that starting disk space available for use?5) Is the bandwidth per day?6) Is their any restrictions on what can be used on the sites hosted here?reason for my questions: I have a php script that I need to be hosted on a site. bandwidth is not a problem b/c the script only pulls 5600 files totaling 100 mb. The script uses curl functions, and one of the functions only works want open_basedir and safe_mode is off unless the php version is below 4.4.4, then safe_mode and open_basedir doesn't matter.

Yes this is nice storyI have been also wondering how those provide unlimited space and bandwidth site can stand. Do they have some kind of building with all magnetic storage inside this building? I have been questioning myself about this, what if the other company, like competitor sign up in their site, and then upload large GB or TB rubbish to this site? Will they just go and buy new storage for this rubbish things? I must think that they must have some kind of mechanism to prevent such things to happen.I think that the plan Xisto offer is already enough, the storage is quite big (the second plan), for storing mp3, video, to your site. But if it is for selling purpose, i think one should own a server instead, to be better in management.