xisto Community
OpaQue

UNLIMITED FREE SPACE AND BANDWIDTH

What are you talking about? The packages that Xisto provides are equivelent and even better than many of those that you have to pay money for. All that is asked in return is that you submit a few posts within the forum. If you can't be bothered doing even that, then there is something very wrong with you.And if you aren't willing to contribute to the community, then there isn't much point in you being here.

What are you talking about? The packages that Xisto provides are equivelent and even better than many of those that you have to pay money for. All that is asked in return is that you submit a few posts within the forum. If you can't be bothered doing even that, then there is something very wrong with you.
And if you aren't willing to contribute to the community, then there isn't much point in you being here.

Yeah the hosting seems to be very good here. But the thing is that after I get the hosting, ill probably be happy with it but at one day I remember that I havent posted any messages for a week and bye bye hosting. So, my account would be deleted and my site is gone again. Its happened to me before.
Oh, and how active do I have to be in the forum? Is 1 post in a day enough?

why is there a limit to bandwidth? cant u keep letting ppl download off your site as long as there isnt too many downloaders at once?(dont worry about me, i just host information and like 4 downloads at most ) ;)

The bandwidth allocated to Xisto is limited, so they can't provide something they don't have (ie. unlimited bandwidth) without 'overselling'. Which is pretty much what this thread is all about, so I don't know why you're even asking.

Let's get the straight, once and for all: you can post 100 times a day, even a million times, but that doesn't help our a host in anyway. Its by CLICKING the ads you see around here that helps fund this webhost. So even if you stay around here 24/7, if you don't click even once then there's no point posting. ;)

But <- snipped -> multiple times doesn't help at all. They are all tracked, and if you click them more than once in 24 hours, it is only counted as one click.

If you click them over and over again, it is likely that Xisto will be penalized rather than rewarded.

So just click them once, and only if you want to ;)}

Edited by Sauron (see edit history)

I have more than 38 MEMBERS who have got hosting and still they have 0 POSTS!!!! I dont think I have deleted any account till now! Come on Guys! We are not MICROSOFT.com that your account will be deleted ! Its only that we need you at the forums. Now it depends upon you how you do it.. I can put up a POST limit that every hosted member has to post 75 posts per month. But do you think this is going to work. One fine day! any one can take a leave and dedicate the entire day for posting at the forums.But that won't help, All that is expected is that, You come here and contribute in whatever way you can.. We never told that you come DAILY and make some posts. WASSIE : my own admin has not been online for a month or so.. that does not mean that I am gonna delete his account. He told me that he's on a vaccation so I wont delete his account.. However, I am assured that he sincerly supports Xisto and would always contrubute to it...PRACTICAL thinking is STUPID! When you want GREAT SERVICE for FREE!This is simple Give and TAKE! While Giving part is TOO BIG! The think i am asking in return is too small ... If you have any suggestions in which I can only be assured that you come online and contribute to this site.. tell me and I will remove the rule for posting!

nobody can complain.......Find another host that gives u unlimited mysql databases, capenl,ssi,perl,php, ect....No ADS......... And when you do let me know....Because i dont think you will......Well, at least not one that accepts as many accounts as Xisto.com does.

Hi,I am almost new in Xisto. A friend told to me about the site because i was searching for a site with php and mysql support without additional banners. He told me that Xisto's only rule was to remain active in the forums. One day after, I was speaking with one work collegue about Xisto and he told me that in his opinion Xisto was not possible to be succesful. How can a site give free space and all the web technologies if gives everything for free. We were discussing if the money that Trap 17 can produce with the banners and paper per click publicity could be enought to pay for all the BW that it is supposed to give for free to all the users it hosts.How old is Xisto?Is Xisto already profitable for you admin or How long do you expect it would take to be?Do you expect Xisto a long life?I understood the idea of having regular visitors ("people active in forums") coming to the site everyday in order to support Xisto economically but don't you think that right now most of the forum topics are not interesting. I mean, most of them are votes which allow people (me too) to achieve the neccesary number of posts quickly. And almost all the topics about computer languages for example do not have right now almost any interesting discussion. Maybe is because the commununity is too young or maybe because forcing the people to be active can lead us to empty discussion if we do not take it seriously. But that it is only my opinion maybe i am wrong. I will try to give my best in order to make my posts interesting and not only for becoming hosting (that it is however the thing which brougth most of us here for the first time).

Yeap,How to create a forum comunity quickly?Offering them something they desire ---> Free hosting with Php, mysql, no banners ...I think it was a great idea of the Xisto's create in order to atract a lot of people to a site quickly.