xisto Community
OpaQue

UNLIMITED FREE SPACE AND BANDWIDTH

You say that you have over 5000 page views and don't use more than 100MB bandwith / day. I had a website hosted on other server with a forum and I was getting over 300MB/day with about 1000 uniques/day. What do you think about that?

180829[/snapback]

With that kind of visitation, I'd put some kind of money making ads/clicks. Imagine if only 20% clicked and even if you get 0.01 cents a click, that's $2 a day! That's about $60 a month. I'm not saying anything mean but I'd think about dedicated server if I was you. I've seen dedicated server starting at $40.00 a month with virtually unlimited bandwidth with 40GB space. I can start my own hosting place and make even more money...

With that kind of visitation, I'd put some kind of money making ads/clicks. Imagine if only 20% clicked and even if you get 0.01 cents a click, that's $2 a day! That's about $60 a month. I'm not saying anything mean but I'd think about dedicated server if I was you. I've seen dedicated server starting at $40.00 a month with virtually unlimited bandwidth with 40GB space. I can start my own hosting place and make even more money...

180854[/snapback]

Wow I've never tought about that, but yeah it's true...

But why do some sites ask their visitors "please <- snipped -> or donate to help us stay" when they very likely get enough money to pay their site + 10 other sites?}

180854[/snapback]

The average CTR the people enjoy is 1-2% at the max, provided you have extremely perfect AD-Targetting. So, If you assume 20% CTR, then there is a big flaw in your calculation :-)

The average CTR the people enjoy is 1-2% at the max, provided you have extremely perfect AD-Targetting.

197858[/snapback]

No way! Really? Only 1-2% so which means sites that claims to earn good chunk of money are having visitors over couple of ten thousands? WOW.

See, I click on certain ads even though I know there might be a catch. I click on it because it DOES look interesting to read it. It's either the ad has targeted me or I'm just a sucker for flashing ad banners ^_^

Anyway, going back to unlimited specifications on hostings?I do realize now that if a hosting company is offering ?unlimited? things, chances are they ARE counting on the fact that some account will not use up all at once (as OpaQue as described it on the first post). I know this because I signed up with another unlimited free web hosting and it went down yesterday?and stayed down until now. I rather have the service that shows quota. At least this way I know what I am getting and not expecting something extraordinary.

i wish there was such thing as roll-over bandwidth (like minutes). Is it possible to have an upgrade system for posting. to get more bandwidth, just for the month or soemthign?

well, im new to this business, and Im not sure if Im even doing this all right. #gigs seems like enough. Though its a shame you dont offer paid or increased bandwith. But then again your right...if you have that much traffic...why ya need a free host?? UNLESS your greedy...lol

I find the ads on this web site to be pretty annoying. I usually don't click on distracting banners or big animated pictures unless it actually has to do with what I want to get to. This is one reason why I like Google AdSense better than all those ads at the top of the page.I really wonder, if Xisto wants to make money off of ads, shouldn't non-intrusive ads and ads that are actually related be more preferable than distracting banners?Also, I believe that the space provided is enough for most people that use it legitimately. There's usually no need for more, unless that user is providing downloads, etc.

Though its a shame you dont offer paid or increased bandwith.

220423[/snapback]

paid hosting: https://xisto.com/

from the same company that brings us Xisto. :blink:

Uh ok, that's a kind of stupid question, and will probobly be considered SPAM.
Anyway, 'bandwidth' is the amount of data drawn from the network/server/etc. Eg. if someone downloads a five megabyte file from a server, then they have used five megabytes of bandwidth.

That might be a stupid question but... that was a stupid answer!!!!

bandwitdh is not the amount of DATA that is storage capacity!!! bandwidth is the amount of data you can download in a certain given period such as a second! like so you can have 10 people downloading 10mb each in such second, which whould use 10x10 =100mb(per second)!!!

now you also have monthly traffic limit! which is the mothly limit to bandwidth use. i supose if in a month 2048 people download 1mB then you have reached the limit for this months Xisto.com account (2048/1024=2GB) i think...

That might be a stupid question but... that was a stupid answer!!!!
bandwitdh is not the amount of DATA that is storage capacity!!! bandwidth is the amount of data you can download in a certain given period such as a second! like so you can have 10 people downloading 10mb each in such second, which whould use 10x10 =100mb(per second)!!!

now you also have monthly traffic limit! which is the mothly limit to bandwidth use. i supose if in a month 2048 people download 1mB then you have reached the limit for this months Xisto.com account (2048/1024=2GB) i think...

Now, if you didnt notice what spectre said then please read it again.
And make sure that when you reply you have to make sure that you've read and understood the post correctly. Spectre meant exactly same thing which you've explained here.

!!WHY GET CHEATED ELSEWHERE WHEN YOU CAN BE CHEATED RIGHT HERE!!

:: REMEMBER ::

You are posting here to keep your hosting account alive. Posting was never ment for More BW or SPace. Upgrades are only a way to help you out. I ask posts just to make sure that you are intrested in your hosting account and to see that you are a part of this community. Remaining *ACTIVE* is necessary to keep your Hosting account from getting deleted as well as keeping this site up! Unknowingly.. You are contributing to this site..

About Xisto

I don't mind losing members who require more than 3GB BW but are ready to post 100 posts in a single day... This is because, Losing one such member clears the way for me to give 10 more free hosting accounts.

Sincerly, I get about 5000 page views and THOSANDS of hits per day and I havent used more than 100 mb per day! That again comes to 3 GB. So if your account really requires that much BW, I suggest that you go for PAID hosting ( not with Xisto ). You can easily make enough money to support your site with that traffic. Xisto is now only a DEDICATED FREE WEB HOSTING site. We don't provide Paid hosting accounts any more. Cause, the main objective of this site was to help people get FREE Hosting. Even though our plans were the cheapest considering all the BEST Unlimited Features, We have rejected many members who had approced for Paid Hosting Except one to whom I had already accepted.

BTW, Let me make one thing clear. Go for any of the competitors FREE Web hosting company and get your account of about 20 GB BW. Upload some ZIPs, Songs and put it for Download and give the link to everyone! Within a day your account would be deleted!

Dear Members, BW is one of the most expensive factors in Web hosting. Don't get carried away by those UNMETERED BW slogans.. All these Companies assume that you don't use more than 750 mb Approx. Every 1 GB extra BW is sold @ $1 - 2... depends on the hosting company. So, it is practically impossible to get FREE BW.. Because BW itself is not FREE and is charged at each and every place on earth. Because the Host himself is purchasing BW to provide you. All of them OVERSELL.

What is Overselling ?

Overselling is a process in which A Hosting Provider may provide more than the allocated amount the host himself has. Suppose, I have altogether 100 GB BW. I can provide 100 accounts with 5 GB BW assuming , No one is going to use over 1 GB. This can be a great risk if most of the users actually use it. Xisto.com Does NOT OVERSELL! Hence, We provide only that much as we successfully can. So you don't have to worry about us getting shutdown. You Website is SAFE at our Servers.

Respect the Site which is helping you so much .. and care for it. It is your responsiblity to help us in return of the Best Free Hosting Service. Spread out name and Link back to us.. Enlist us in Free Webhosting lists ..

No other Company Provides Hosting Services and Advanced Technologies like

JSP , TOMCAT, TCL, Macromedia Shockwave etc.. Yes! We do support all these, if you never knew them. All these are supported since our Last UPGRADE!

Other Hosting providers charge a lot for these services while here at Xisto.com, you get it absolutely FREE!

As for some of you may think about the revenue made by us! Well, Frankly, We have not made any single penny out of this site until now (30 July 2004). Only one Paid hosting account has been approved. And Now we have closed Paid Hosting. Soon, as we start recieving Funds from Advertising! We will Upgrade the accounts... Cause that is Xisto's Ambition.

So I request all members to support Xisto.com and our Free Hosting Facilites..

:: Your Account is Safe with us, You can Trust US! ::

:: LIST OF PREVIOUS UPGRADES ::

1st Upgrade : More secure and Fast Servers

2nd Upgrade : Upgraded to 4 XEON Processors (2.8 GHz Each) and Added Fantastico.

3rd Upgrade : More Space and BW. Purchased RV skin for Cpanel. Added all scripts in Fanstastico to Auto-Installer to save expenses.

Next UPGRADE : Possibly next Month

So, Don't Get Cheated Elsewhere... If you want, I can cheat you Right HERE!! :)

Just put up a mass POLL and I will start overselling giving out UNMETERED SPACE and BANDWIDTH!

Being honest itself requires lot of courage and ambition!

If some out there is going to buisness there i will recommend them to opt out for a paid hosting and also they won't offering musch to this site and all they want is to keeep thier account active

But non commercial site owners will help this site because they know the value

and personally i believe there nothing called as free and yes here it mutually benifit

you keep hosting our account and we keep posting useful content and make this site a great one.

one last request and wish about this site

Like others i hope it doesn't charge us saying we are overloaded. ihope it doesn't happen even in dreams

Xisto Rocks!