xisto Community
Kubi

June 6th 2006 - The Devils Number Possibly the end of the world?

the end of the world's gonna come when God wants it to come. you can't predict it.'the omen' is coming out on 6/6/06. it's about the devil's son. kinda scary, haha, especially since it's coming out on 666 o.obut i don't believe the world is gonna end on june 6, 2006.but we'll see ;]

For the I don't know how manyth time - 666 is NOT the number of the beast!! For goodness sake. It's 616 if anyone really cares and the world did not end on January 6th, nor did it end on January 6th 1006 (or June 6th for that matter) and nor did it end on January 6th 606 or January 6th 616 or January 6th year 6 etc etc etc. Not to mention that the current calender is out by several years anyway. So point in fact, this whole end of the world thing is a load of crap. Stop being so paranoid! There will always be people saying blah blah blah day is the end of the world and NONE of them have been right. Stop worrying about bollocks and worry about the real things in life!

hehe...interesting topic talked aboutI dont thint 666 is devil number,maybe different religon or nation has different reason.In my area where 6 stands for luck so 666 stands for triple luck which means rather luck :rolleyes:.so never devil number we use?hehe,we also chose 4 as a bad number which mean die...2004-4-4 is not a good day people thought.actully,number is good or bad just rely on people's mind just a decription of mood :lol:

well people it is almost june 6. And i don't beleive this malarky. It is stupid. But i will be back on the 6th to prove that nothing will happen. Now i could say a lot more but you wanted to leave the religion out. But i will be back!

For the I don't know how manyth time - 666 is NOT the number of the beast!! For goodness sake. It's 616 if anyone really cares and the world did not end on January 6th, nor did it end on January 6th 1006 (or June 6th for that matter) and nor did it end on January 6th 606 or January 6th 616 or January 6th year 6 etc etc etc. Not to mention that the current calender is out by several years anyway. So point in fact, this whole end of the world thing is a load of crap. Stop being so paranoid! There will always be people saying blah blah blah day is the end of the world and NONE of them have been right. Stop worrying about bollocks and worry about the real things in life!

Well some people think this. It depends on how you interpret the Bible. But, anyways, I have to agree with you guys. 666 pops up all over the place, Barry Bonds hit his 666 home run a while back, something might be cooked at 666 degress. You might have 666 songs on your Ipod. So the idea of this 6/06/06 think is hard to believe.

It's nothing to do with individual interpretation or perspective. It comes down to the fact that when the Bible was translated it was translated incorrectly so that it ended up being 666. It wasn't until recently that this was discovered - when some Oxford academics shone different lights on damaged manuscripts (oldest known remnants of Revelations) they discovered it actually read as 616. (The passage that normally states the number as being 666 was damaged so using different light spectrums they were able to see the previously unreadable text).

From the BBC:

However, evidence from ancient manuscripts indicates that 666 may not have been the number of the Beast. In the late 19th century, British archaeologists working at the site of the Egyptian city Oxyrhynchus discovered a cache of papyri which were brought to Oxford, where academics have been working their way through them ever since. One of these papyrus fragments is of the Book of Revelation and gives the number of the Beast as 616

It's nothing to do with individual interpretation or perspective. It comes down to the fact that when the Bible was translated it was translated incorrectly so that it ended up being 666. It wasn't until recently that this was discovered - when some Oxford academics shone different lights on damaged manuscripts (oldest known remnants of Revelations) they discovered it actually read as 616. (The passage that normally states the number as being 666 was damaged so using different light spectrums they were able to see the previously unreadable text).

Can you tell me the dating of these manuscripts? Or can you provide me with a link to where you got this information, so i can research it myself?

Can you tell me the dating of these manuscripts? Or can you provide me with a link to where you got this information, so i can research it myself?

same here I heard it on the radio a few months ago But it was on a program called mancows mourning madhouse and although the show is political and seroius sometimes its a bunch of bs others. I would like more info on this also.
especially since the original text never said 666 it said six hundred 3 score and six. a score is twenty years so it could weither be written 666 or 6 60 6 or 6606
I would search for it myself but ever since y2k my computer stopped working and I've been living in a box because society ended then too remember.

Ok, I don't want to start any religious fights here, that's not what this topic is meant for. So PLEASE hold the religious comments.
I was at school one day, I turned to a friend and said "I bet the world will end on June 6th of this year". Now I think they'd know what I meant(goth kids, ya, no I'm not one). But they didn't! So I sat there and explained it, all of a sudden "Bing" the light in there brain goes off, they said that's really a possibilty.

For those of you who don't get it;
June 6th, 2006
6-6-06
Or without the 0,
6-6-6, 666
Well 666 is the devil, so it would make since, well you're probably saying "Well there's a 666 year, every decade".

Well that's true, but I believe it's more possible now, then ever before, because our society is more advanced, meaning, obviously, more stupid. We've done so much crap to the Earth in the past decade it's almost disquisting. So now that we've done more stupid things to the Earth, deplete the ozone, cutdown the forests, leading the to extistion of hundreds of animals, it could be a possiblity.

Now people are probably thinking "This will NEVER happen! It's just another stupid day of the year that I'll probably waste hiding from the end of the world(ha)", well go ahead and think that, but I have a strong feeling something will atleast HAPPEN that will be bad on that day

Please leave your comments, but if you're not going to say something intelliget and that goes with this topic, leave it be, I don't want spam here.

Well it happend on every June 6th in the 60s!!!!! My parents and grandparents told me!!!! It is all based on a movie the movie was made in the 60s and is now made again and now everyone is scared so i hope u don't ge scared i think i just might be a bad luck day like if u get hurt a 1000 times a day and anyway i just had a bad luck day tuesday i feel off my bike,then off a chair, then one of my friends lil bros though a rock at my hand so i broke my finger and it all hapend on the same day! My mom said the worst time thar everybody was worried was 6-6-66!!! thats even worse than 6-6-06!! Well reply back to mone anyway imy bady is june 9th so i am gonna live for dat!!

MJFan123 :lol::D:P;):rolleyes:

same here I heard it on the radio a few months ago But it was on a program called mancows mourning madhouse and although the show is political and seroius sometimes its a bunch of bs others. I would like more info on this also.

especially since the original text never said 666 it said six hundred 3 score and six. a score is twenty years so it could weither be written 666 or 6 60 6 or 6606

I would search for it myself but ever since y2k my computer stopped working and I've been living in a box because society ended then too remember.

As I said, I got it from the BBC website. They screened a television series including an episode titled "Revelation: The End of the World?" on Sunday 25 April on BBC Two, 12:00-12:50. You can read about it here (including the quote I supplied)

If you want research, here are some more articles:

A fragment from the oldest surviving copy of the New Testament, dating to the Third century, gives the more mundane 616 as the mark of the Antichrist.

Ellen Aitken, a professor of early Christian history at McGill University, said the discovery appears to spell the end of 666 as the devil's prime number.

"This is a very nice piece to find," Dr. Aitken said. "Scholars have argued for a long time over this, and it now seems that 616 was the original number of the beast."

The tiny fragment of 1,500-year-old papyrus is written in Greek, the original language of the New Testament, and contains a key passage from the Book of Revelation.

Where more conventional versions of the Bible give 666 as the "number of the beast," or the sign of the anti-Christ whose coming is predicted in the book's apocalyptic verses, the older version uses the Greek letters signifying 616.

"This is very early confirmation of that number, earlier than any other text we've found of that passage," Dr. Aitken said. "It's probably about 100 years before any other version."

Here's the full article

http://www.math.harvard.edu/~elkies/mp666.html

http://www.csad.ox.ac.uk/POxy/beast616.htm

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

From National Geographic:

The latest volume includes details of fragments showing third- and fourth-century versions of the Book of Revelations. Intriguingly, the number assigned to "the Beast" of Revelations isn't the usual 666, but 616.

Full article here

There was even articles written about it by Satanists but I decided to exclude them lest any Christians get angry at me because their soul has been sullied by clicking on the link.

If you Google 616 Revelations it comes up with 121,000 pages so if you want more articles - there are plenty more.

For those who do not believe in the Bible, just let me point out a very important fact. The Bible is the worlds oldest book know to man. No other book earlier than it has ever been found, making the Bible the first ever book written. Moving on to the topic...Knowing the fact above, i have read somewhere in the Bible that Lucifer and his army was cast down to Hell for 2000 years. In the book God tells us 666 is the mark of the beast! Hense Lucifer! (Satan) Everyone knows that 6th June 2006 can be interperted as 6-6-(0)6 ut people are not realisng that it is infact 2000 years ago Satan was prisioned in Hell. His return is stated inthe Bible that he will return 2000 years.I personaly think nothing will happen June 6th, but it is said the Anti-Christ will be born bearing the mark of the beast 666. Babies are born everyday, so i think June the 6th will be the Begining of the end!

there have been so many predictions on the end of the world. i really dont believe in anything about that, every year theres some sort of weird date like 4-4-04 or 5-5-05 but nothing ever happened on those days. and its the year of the dog, which is supposed to be a friendly year. i really dont get anything religious but thats just my opinion.

the three number thins is *BLEEP*
the sign of the beast, to clairafy in a date form is only seen once a century
and only at the beginning of that century aka 2006 1906 and so on

and also year 666 but thats not important now

chineese zodiac and christian crap dont coencide, so taht doesnt matter and years arent "friendly" or not thats just crap and not near the subject at hand

This topic has been discussed and debated for centuries.Although it is not impossible, it is not very likely. The Bible times calendar and our calendar are two totally different things, which makes June 6th 2006 a very unreliable date. People have been saying that we would die at the beginning of the new millenium, and that did not happen. I, for one, am not going to hide in my basement all day waiting for some kind of explosion. However, it will be wise to be very weary on that day.

This topic has been discussed and debated for centuries.Although it is not impossible, it is not very likely. The Bible times calendar and our calendar are two totally different things, which makes June 6th 2006 a very unreliable date. People have been saying that we would die at the beginning of the new millenium, and that did not happen. I, for one, am not going to hide in my basement all day waiting for some kind of explosion. However, it will be wise to be very weary on that day.

Gotta agree, our calendar is cruelly misshaped. The meaning of a calendar isn't what is was supposed to be.
A real calendar is based on the stars and planets, since they all have their individual influence.

Hehehe, I remember when peoples were affraid for the millenium, they all feared that every computer would crash and nuclear disasters would destroy us. I guess people always seek events, dates or whatever to channel their fears. I for one am pretty sure that the world would be mostly the same as any other day.

Edit: Hmmm it's 06=06-06 now 1.16am or do I have to wait till 6.06 am?:rolleyes:
Edited by HoRuS (see edit history)