xisto Community
Kubi

June 6th 2006 - The Devils Number Possibly the end of the world?

For those who do not believe in the Bible, just let me point out a very important fact. The Bible is the worlds oldest book know to man. No other book earlier than it has ever been found, making the Bible the first ever book written.

Were you born in a cave? I think the Chinese, Indians, Romans, Greeks, Sumerians, Babylonians among many others would beg to differ. In fact it was the Babylonians who taught the Jews to write. How could they teach the 'authors' of the Bible to write if they didn't in fact already do so themselves?! Not to mention, I could walk over to my bookshelf right now and get a book that dates before the Bible (reprinted of course as I unfortunately don't own the original :rolleyes:)

From the BBC:

A book thought to be the oldest surviving printed book in the world has gone on display at the British Library.

The Diamond Sutra, which bears the date 868 AD, was found in a walled-up cave in Dunhuang, north-west China, in 1907, along with other printed items.

It consists of a scroll of grey paper printed with Chinese characters, wrapped around a wooden pole.

The scroll forms part of the Library's Silk Road display, which focuses on the art and culture of the region.

It was discovered by the Hungarian born explorer Sir Marc Aurel Stein, and is thought to be part of a library which was walled up in the cave around the year 1000AD... "This was copied by a man called Wong Jei, in May 868 on behalf of his parents, and he notes this at the end."

The scroll was printed hundreds of years before moveable type was discovered separately in Europe.

And that's printed let alone written. (Printed over 500 years before the first printed Bible)

Also from the BBC:

The world's oldest multiple-page book - in the lost Etruscan language - has gone on display in Bulgaria's National History Museum in Sofia.

It contains six bound sheets of 24 carat gold, with illustrations of a horse-rider, a mermaid, a harp and soldiers.

The book dates back to 600BC

The small manuscript, which is more than two-and-a-half millennia old, was discovered 60 years ago in a tomb uncovered during digging for a canal along the Strouma river in south-western Bulgaria.

So that makes you WRONG! Oh and the full article can be read here.

Also the Bible didn't become the Bible until 325CE during the First Council of Nicaea. Constantine (the emperor of Rome at that time) made Christianity the state religion and called the first Council of Nicaea where they decided many things including what books should be canonised into the Bible.

And for the love of God - THE DEVIL'S NUMBER IS 616, NOT 666!

If you believe in that sort of thing. The world didn't end on January 6th nor did it end in the year 616. People have always said the world is going to end on a certain date and they have ALL been wrong. Get some councilling for your hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia!!

Hey people, happy Devils day, or happy end of world day :rolleyes:Today is the 6th of the 6th of the 6th. And it looks like a normal day in Australia, no cloud in the sky..nothing looks suspicious like the end of world feeling.Dunno Hows is it in your part of the world?Lets see we have 16 hours to go lets see what happens.

Ohhh man, its June 5th! tommorow is June 6th! I signed up just to make a comment lol. I'm kinda freaked about it right now. Hopefully nothing happens. If something does happen like the end of the world, let this be my last message. See you in the after life people lol. The only upside is that i'll miss school haha. Well see you all. I will reply back if I survive haha.

I just remembered, the time is different in America compared to AUstralia, so the date might be differnt.

Well, it's already June 6, 2006 here in the Philippines and other parts of Asia/Ocenia. I don't believe today's the end of the world since it will happen when nobody knows. No one could point out the day itself. It might be August 10, 2020 for all you know.Edit:Well, it's June 7 here now... Apparently it's June 6 to you guys there... so... anything new? :rolleyes:

Edited by icemarle (see edit history)

I find it funny that after reading alll these replies, people can be pretty darn brutal. I mean hey, I got insulted by another mod for christ sake! People, you need to CHILL...OUT! A forum is a place for text bases discussion on specific topic. No matter how dumb this topic was(now a few months later I wish i never created it), you really, don't act like this. I've recieved a few PM's from people just to insult me. But really, after seeing another MOD insult me, I draw the line.This thread shows how rude people can be. CLOSED.

Nothing happened on that date, but I've had a really scary personal experience with the number 666. Former route 666 goes through north-western new mexico, usa. Its road number was changed the year I drove on it, but the map we used was from a previous year, so it was marked 666. We drove on former route 666 from gallup, nm up past shiprock to cortez, colorado. We stopped early in cortez and stayed at a hotel. We went to the pool. One of the drains on the pool deck was not covered, and my mom stepped in it. She got a huge gash on her knee. She could not walk for a few hours or even get up. It was bleeding badly and left a big dent there. She had to be taken to the local hospital later that evening. She was all right, but it was really scary, considering that day we had been on route 666.-reply by leesha

haha 21/12/12 worlds end ? maby the world has end.Maby when the world ends we restart life again as a baby.Making the same moves the same wrong disisons over and over again.:)  any one hare ever gets day jah vu? (thats the english way to spell it) maby we still remember what has happened cuz we lived it before. Who knows ? :D

-reply by chris

this subject concerns me because my b-day was too on the 6 june 2006 :P 

well, we already know nothing happened on that date 6 june 2006.. :P

but anyways I'm with moogie on this one : "So my understanding is that 666 is not a date but a person."

if u google 666 and check out wikipedia, you'll see that 666 is probebly a code that the early jew and chritsians probebly used to refer to the roman emperor Nero who used to persecute them, his name in hebrew sums up to 666, check it out here's the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast

some pregnent women tried to avoid giving birth on this date; others though it might be cool :P

-reply by Dayana

6-6-06 my birthdayJune 6th 2006 - The Devils NumberReplying to jlhaslip hi I was born on the 6th of june 1996 and in 2006 on my birthday (the worst birthday ever) I cracked my head open on a kirb, I fell of my bike and I fell down the stairs this is no word of a lie this stuff actually happened.-reply by Liam Topham