xisto Community
football123213

Which Is Faster Broadband, Dsl Or Cable

In Germany DSL is way more popular than cable. The speed is pretty good. My ISP allows up 3MBit. The connection is very stable. But cable is cheaper than DSL. The only problem is that my ISP uses interleaved-mode instead of fastpath (for an extra fee I could get a fastpath connection). So when playing computer games, my ping/latency is relatively high.

I prefer dsl, which its easier for me to use and less expensive than Cable or comcast. Cable is just too expensive for me or comcast. I dont like comcast every much. But i totally hate 56 worst and slowest internet ever!!! :rolleyes:

sorry, but t1 does not go that slow

:rolleyes: :angry:Please show me a source that says I am wrong cause all sources I checked say the same thing T1=1.5Mbps max atm.

A few examples with the source to see for yourself.

How fast is T1?T1 speeds run up to 1.5 Mbps at this time. Faster T1 speeds are under development.

source

T1 ServicesDoes your business need a dedicated Internet connection to transmit high-capacity email traffic, transfer large files, or host an active Web site? Our tier one service providers provide the best T1 connection for reliable, continuous bandwidth in variables up to 1.544 Mbps

source

If you ment something like NxT1 which goes upto 7.5mbps your claim still is false even compared to adsl which goes upto 8.0mbps the only difrent is symetric and asymetric (so upload on adsl is slower max 1mbps) but not the overall download speed :angry:

Greetz

I've gone from dial-up to dsl. I prefer dsl because cable just isn't available in my area :angry: . I like dsl because I can always have it on and the speed is always good, while cable you might have some bad days were your connection seems slower then normal :rolleyes: . But I'm sure some tweaks can fix and actually improve them.

DSL and Cable....both have the same speed actually....but the difference lies in two factors:1. DSL is more secure in the sense that you can determine when to cut the connection. With cable connection you cannot do so.2. If somehow, you forget your DSL password, or if ur DSL connection closes automatically,then you will have to spend a lot of time on technical support...whereas in Cable...if ur connection closes...all u need to do is shut ur pc down...reboot it after 2 minutes and if it doesnt connect...then just tell ur Cable guy to fix it...this way Cable is more simpler as options are very limited here.If you need to know anything about troubleshooting ur dsl or cable networks..u can mail me at mv09@yahoo.co.uk...coz i hv been Tech Support guy for LINKSYS (a divison of CISCO) for any advice.Bye,Mohit Vohra

MY DSL IS *BLEEP* IT KEEPS ON DISCONNECTING...I hate it.......I hate AOL.....GRRRRRR...*bites keyboard* My DSL sucks....I hate broadband..Too slow...Costing us 27 pounds a month...Major RIP OFF..

I don't even have a choice. None of the cable companies serve my area & very few dsl companies do. Everything's kind of under monopoly of SBC (under Yahoo now), but price is pretty good so overall pretty satisfied. However, I never get up to max speed and occasional disconnections now and then.

I have use only 56 modem. <_< Because my country has none of cable provider and few of dsl provider. But now adsl is most popular in my country. I think dsl is ok for me cause it is the last choice to choose for me if I has lot of money I will choose this. :blink:

Well I say DSL but Cable seems to have a faster connection (I have Cable from Rogers Communications Inc. in Canada). The fastest is 5.0 MBPS dl and 800KBPS ul for cable and 4.0 MBPS dl and 800 KBPS ul for DSL. So u might be wonderin y I say DSL... DSL in Canada is dedicated therefore you get all that 4.0 MBPS juice but cable is shared, therefore, you might not get all your 5.0 MBPS speed. Is it expensive you asked? Well here's the pricing for the fastest plans:Cable:CAD $44.95 (without modem rental fee)DSL:CAD $64.95 (without modem purchased)xboxrulz

dude, I wish i could get dsl. My dad hates cablevision, so we have satilite tv, which is horrible for an internet service, so we get dsl, but our phone company kills us because were 50 ft away from the acces point. that means my nabors can get it, but I cant. does that suck or what.