xisto Community
football123213

Which Is Faster Broadband, Dsl Or Cable

i have never tried cable, it says its faster but i like dsl because theirs more options you can choose like hardware, packages, etc and doesnt require cable on your tv.

would have probably gone out for cable, except for a tiny technicality. My place is already saturated with cable subscribers all from the same company, and that means whatever speed benefits it offers, in the end we have to share the bandwidth amongst ourselves

DSL is much better than cable. I used to use cable and it was always slow at certain times. With DSL, I always get constant speeds. Also, in my area, DSL has better upstream than cable. I get about 310-320kb down and 85-90kb up.Also in my area, I've heard people got cancelled from cable because they were "hogging" bandwidth. If you are selling unlimited access, how can you charge someone with hogging bandwidth? Ridiculous..

I dont have dsl or cable were im at currently (actually that was true about 2 days ago, they just put the lines in)I am looking into getting dsl because i know that everyone else is gonna go with the cable package.

Yes it is true, Comcast Cable is wayyyy faster than DSL. And i think that comcast cable is at a pretty low price that is why they have competitors that aren't doing as good as them!!!!

I like Cable more because you dont' require as much things as you do on a dsl modem. On the cable modem you just need ethernet wire, modem itself, cable wire, and computer. That's it. The dsl requires you to put this to your phone jacks and other crap like that.

In croatia exist only one dsl and cost for 384/64 170 kn(about 30 $) a month and you mast pay for 512mb about 3$ so it is very expensivelyand if you use cable you can get for about 20$ 64/64 with flat rate unlimited downloads and uploads :( so better is cable :(