xisto Community
football123213

Which Is Faster Broadband, Dsl Or Cable

I would go with cable depending on where you are because Comcast has upgraded some of its lines to speeds of 6mps which is extremely fast. If they don't have the upgraded lines in your area, or alot of people have cable on your block go with DSL. Also many more areas have cable.

i pick cable. and i'm pretty sure about that. 'cause you see.. we use cable in our computer. and almost all of our friends that use dsl tell us that our internet connection is way much faster than theirs. and they also tell us that dsls are cheaper but less reliable. -_-

It really depends. Cable and DSL have their ups and downs.Cable is faster, because some cable lines are based on a DOCSIS 2.0 network, which speeds can go past 5 MB/s. The only downside is that when lots of people use the internet and download at the same time, it makes everyone on that node (router) slow down, which kind of sucks.DSL is intentionally slower, but you always get a constant speed, no matter what time of day it is. My friends DSL speed in my area is usually around 165 kb/s for DSL, which isnt bad, considering that speed never drops.I would prefer cable though, it is good for gaming because of its fast speed. If any one has cable problems, I would recommend checking your signal strength into your house, because that was a problem where I lived. My connection kept dropping evry few hours, and that was the problem, and ever since I got that fixed, my cable internet works like a charm -_-

i currently use ADSL.. i don't really know whats the difference between ADSL and DSL.. though the speed suxs here.. :D50kb/s is too low for me.. though the good news is that my ISP is willing to increase it to 2MB, not sure if it's true though. :DThere are another ISP's that already offer 16MB internet connection (w00t) but its only in the main city's of my country..Well i think it's just a matter of time. -_-

In my opinion they'ew both equal but cable does have the ability to go faster and is cheaper (in holland they already offer 10mbit); dsl worked fine and so does cable, i just go for the higher speed. I now have cable 2mbit and can download at speeds of upto 270kb/s so i'm happy, im neautral, eventually i think i do prefer cable. And, cable now the new version, it is not anymore that if somebody is downloading a lot in your neighbourhood that you slowdown - i heard that they improved that problem. Btw, i don't always get good speeds off sites, they sometimes limit it so i use a download manager.

What is faster DSL OR CABLE WHAT DO U LIKE BETTER PUT IT HEAR :P

1789[/snapback]

Well, I have cable right now and I'll have to say cable (according to the ads on television) is three times faster than DSL. On the contrary though, my cable had not been very dependable lately. My cable goes out once or twice every month now :( .

Cable in theory should be faster than DSL. In practice though, I'm not sure. My cable connection at home used to be lightning fast when it first came out. Once more people got the service thought it definitely started to slow up, and they started capping the bandwidth. Now that they started having a cable phone service, theres just wayyy to much for them to handle in my opinion and service has been diminishing. Maybe I'm just used to the i2/T3 I have at school.

Cable internet is the best. its not only cool but cool. lol. You really don't need to hook it up to phones and get these different adapters for it. Of course dsl is cheaper but i prefer cable. they usually have much faster speeds. that's what i think.

I had cable internet at school, it was bad at times, I kept having to mess with the modems and stuff bc I or it had to reset my ip address, something stupid the cable sp told me. DSL, on the other hand, is what I have at home during the summer. Never have I come into one problem with DSL, and I think it is about just as fast. I have yet to be disconnected from the internet (happened frequently with cable for some reason)....final verdict...DSL!!!

well they are both equally first but the problem that gets to dslĀ  is that its service is limited by theĀ  distance your house is from the communication station so in such cases cable might be faster but all in all they all deliver the same first service.

2477[/snapback]

No Idea yet about CABLE connection, right now I am using DSL but really it works well, even if I downloaded large size of files. But theoritically, cable still the best and work faster than DSL, although DSL, ADSL and VDSL are both getting faster now but I don't know if they can be the same as cable or works fine that cable, who knows...

I am using a DSL connection at 512kbps at the moment (getting upgraded in the summer :rolleyes:). We have cable at my school and it continually goes down throughout the day for no apparant reason. My DSL connection has been going faultless for over 3 years and the price has been dropping. I'm still glad I picked it over cable.