xisto Community
football123213

Which Is Faster Broadband, Dsl Or Cable

I would have to choose dsl...Becuz its more reliable, and now less ppl use it so its a pretty good speed, but i'd really would rather have something like t1 or sat. :DAnd as for the japans...they have like 3 weeks out of school and thats it...there in school for like ever. I couldn't stand it.

Very long story.. it depends tho on what you prefer. First ill go over cableCable:Supposbly MUCH faster then DSL, better download speeds, upload speeds, (i heard its easier to use a router with cable?, also my friends with cable get VERY low ping times (great for gamer!) It costs about the same price as DSL but i think its a bit more complicated to install it.DSL:Pretty fast, on my dsl i get like speeds of 1500/700 i mean thats O.K. As for ping times its pretty good (around 50-60's around servers where i live)===Dsl is very stable tho.. IT almost never goes down like cable does If there is more people on in your area on DSL it wont affect it at all but if you have cable and alot of peopel in your neighborhood are on then the speeds will be very unstable.

I've had bad experiences with both, we're getting satilite put in. I like the thought of having your own connection to the internet.

DSL Is Very Better

I Hate Cabl

I think This Topic Must Be Poll Is Better

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cable, it seems faster to me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well your both right and your both wrong, It all depends on the companies in your area, around here DSL is the fastest you can get (2x faster than cable) but in some places cable is better and lots of the time DSL will give you the best ping rates but that all varies on phone line quality and such and the services available to you. DSL and Cable are equal, they are just 2 ways to get the internet at blazing fast speeds into your home.

Also the biggest thing in choosing either is price, if i can get the same or near same speed from one or the other and its decently cheaper then well im going to get that. Im very happy right now with my 3mbps DSL, i get 340-400K/s download speeds and its quite a big change from dial-up :D

I would have probably gone out for cable, except for a tiny technicality. My place is already saturated with cable subscribers all from the same company, and that means whatever speed benefits it offers, in the end we have to share the bandwidth amongst ourselves. So DSL is my choice.

On general terms and speed capibilities, Cable can reach way higher speeds than ADSL. However, ADSL is getting faster these days...But for a more all-rounded comparision, ADSL is more stable in terms of speed and is affected by network traffic to a lesser extent that cable.Cable is largely affected by network traffic and may experience speed swings.But I would say that on a nice day, with moderate network traffic, cable would beat ADSL anytime.

I would have probably gone out for cable, except for a tiny technicality. My place is already saturated with cable subscribers all from the same company, and that means whatever speed benefits it offers, in the end we have to share the bandwidth amongst ourselves. So DSL is my choice.

Well your both right and your both wrong, It all depends on the companies in your area, around here DSL is the fastest you can get (2x faster than cable) but in some places cable is better and lots of the time DSL will give you the best ping rates but that all varies on phone line quality and such and the services available to you. DSL and Cable are equal, they are just 2 ways to get the internet at blazing fast speeds into your home.Also the biggest thing in choosing either is price, if i can get the same or near same speed from one or the other and its decently cheaper then well im going to get that. Im very happy right now with my 3mbps DSL, i get 340-400K/s download speeds and its quite a big change from dial-up

Any reason your triple posting and copying my post?

Cable is much more better than DSL,I think!For now cable is more fast then DSL!And cable is more stable too!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LoL...I am going to say Dial up...on the count that I don't have any of them...

But I am trying to buy one...

Persumably a DSL...people say that it is more stable...