xisto Community
football123213

Which Is Faster Broadband, Dsl Or Cable

What is faster DSL OR CABL WHAT DO U LIKE BETTER PUT IT HEAR B)

On general terms and speed capibilities, Cable can reach way higher speeds than ADSL.
However, ADSL is getting faster these days...

But for a more all-rounded comparision, ADSL is more stable in terms of speed and is affected by network traffic to a lesser extent that cable.

Cable is largely affected by network traffic and may experience speed swings.

But I would say that on a nice day, with moderate network traffic, cable would beat ADSL anytime.

-Shackman

I would have probably gone out for cable, except for a tiny technicality. My place is already saturated with cable subscribers all from the same company, and that means whatever speed benefits it offers, in the end we have to share the bandwidth amongst ourselves. So DSL is my choice.

well they are both equally first but the problem that gets to dsl is that its service is limited by the distance your house is from the communication station so in such cases cable might be faster but all in all they all deliver the same first service.

My Cable rocks, it can go at about 1000kb/s max using a download accelrator, but it has a cap of 12gb so thats about the only down. ADSL is better when your going to download a lot over a period of time. Also you need special cables to install cable where as with adsl you only need another phoneline or use a special tool which can split the signal.

I chose cable becouse its a LITTLE faster than DSL and its always on.  I used to have 56K then DSL, and now Cable.

Same from 56k to DSL to Cable. DSL is more reliable, but it got a little too slow at the worste times