xisto Community
football123213

Which Is Faster Broadband, Dsl Or Cable

I switched from dsl to cable. Which is better depends entirely on the neighborhood you live in, not to mention what you're mainly using the internet 4. If your just downloading files like mad, then just go with whichever's fastest, if the money's worth it. If your gaming, dsl is the better choice because of the stable speeds. There's much less packet loss with dsl.I do a lot of gaming however, and i still switched to cable. Why? Well, it was $10 more but my speeds tripled. I now have 5mbps down, and 800kbps up. It was the upload that did it for me. I figured that the extra speed would offset the speed fluctuations. So far I've been right.

I was very happy when Sympatico increased our bandwidth by 100% downstream and 150% upstream last year, so I'm always going to go for ADSL, noone will convince me that cable is better! :(

A Canadian eh? Yeah.. that was one reason I switched to Rogers.. I couldn't get the upgrade as I was too far away from the CO. I probably would have stayed with dsl otherwise, but I am extremely happy with Rogers now. I'll be staying with them.

my modem give me 46 k and my freind have a DSL and it give him 512 k so i love to have a DSL but there is no a Net Cafe Near me home my answer is The DSL is the Best!!!!!!!!!!

DSl is more reliable than cable, but cable is way faster usually.....i have dsl and get pretty good pings, although my speed isnt that fast.....depends on really what u do.... dsl is more secure than cable aswell.....its all about what u need it 4....

I like DSL because I haven't had Cable before lmao.... I don't even know what it is.....Is it like internet connection or somthing ??

I've had both DSL and cable and I've become a faithful cable user. Every one I know (even though they throughput is technically the same in some cases) says that cable is faster. I have always noticed a difference between the two ands I've always loved my cable modem even more. But if your in a area where EVERYONE uses cable, then through bandwidth could suffer... It's really up to the area.

I use Cable. And my other friends use DSL and when i went over his house it seemed about the same but I thouht cable was a little faster. But its your choose on key factors the you want your internet to have capiblities to use.

Well I use Dsl and it's fast not as fast as cable, the price is almost the same, cable a little more expensive, but yeah I'm thinking on getting cable, yeah a lot of people said, is not as stable as Dsl, but well what I've seen from friends that use cable is that their speed is cosntant and always higher than Dsl, so yeah Cable better than Dsl.