xisto Community
FLaKes

Do You Know How To Cook? Who cooks their own food?

Do you cook your own food?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I cook mainly with chicken,because chicken is my favorite meat.I love cooking chicken fettucini and things like that.I cook shrimp alfredo also.My husband like hamburgers and pizza.He never can understand that i like to cook for him but....I wish I could learn more about cooking.My mom taught me pretty much everything i know about cooking.Shes a great cook.I also like to make pork chops with rice and gravy.I live in the South so i like to cook southern soul food lol.You always seem to make things for where you are from.

I think I can cook...not well, mind you, (I once burnt soup...canned) but cooking is cooking, right?I can make spaghetti, but not from scratch. I have to buy the noodles, sauce and hamburger. I can also make Kraft Dinner and a killer omelet. It took me about eleven times to get it right, but now I can add pancakes to my repertoir of "Things Cherish can Cook". I made the perfect pancake and even took a picture of it to post on my livejournal =P

I dont have a cooking lesson but i like to eat a lot. I like to eat out in the restaurant to try new food and to get new idea. If i like the food, i would try to duplicate the dishes the best I could. So far so good, my boyfriend likes them very much... I guess I am doing all right.

I wouldn't say that I could cook well, but I can cook. I don't cook many of the fancy meals, but I can do pasta and cheese sauce, potatoes, sausages, basic curries. I haven't had any lessons on cooking though.

Yeah I cook a lot by my self but mostly I help my little brother with his cooking classes in Home Economics at his school I don't think I might go into the cooking as a chief just do it for fun . Creating stuff like cakes is fun to :lol:

Yes Sir! I cook my own food. . .most of the time I do the microwave thing due to time, but when I can, I cook it myself! I love to cook, and I am not really all that bad at it. I'm not as good as one of my friends who wants to be a chef, but I'm still decent!

I cook, but I don't make anything too extravagent... I simply lve making cakes and pies best of all - anything to add pounds to your body is fun to make! LOL :lol: ^_^I love to cook, but if I don't have "guidelines" (recipes, box directions, etc LOL) to follow I can get into big messes. LMAO I also have to know how "powerful" the stove I'm using is... I just moved into a new house (my house burnt in Sept) and so I had to use a relatives stove - not good... I burnt stuff and just made huge messes. LOL Still not use to my new stove yet so I'm being cautious - mostly using ovens and the microwaves right now. :D

Edited by Erin (see edit history)

If there was no such thing as a microwave, I would starve... I cook everything in the microwave. Which means I mostly have chicken... Curry. Chicken Tika Masala, Chicken Korma, Soup... the list goes on.

I know how to cook simple dishes that involves you boiling a chunk of meat and hot soup... I love leaving them to boil so I can do other things while I'm waiting for them. I also know how to fry stuff, but I find them troublesome cause I have to give it my full attention... :lol: I'm a lazy cooker.

I cook a lot, my mother got me doing stuff in the kitchen from a very early age. These days every meal I cook is improvised to some degree. These days I'm very health concious. This week I made my own margarine as I like quality ingredients and this way I can ensure that I get the kinds of fats that I want (the kind of fat is as important as the amount when it comes to health).

I love to cook, but I have much more fun inventing different dishes. Once I combined sofrito (vegetabes like green peppers, garlic, onlins, etc mixed in a processor) with tilapia and invented "Puerto Rican Tilapia" which my fiance loves even though he doesn't have a strong like for vegetables. Usually, though, I add some salt-free seasonings to meat, cook them in the oven, and then add pasta salad or white rice on the side. It gives me time to make an easy dessert like Jell-o or one of those Jiffy cakes.