xisto Community
FLaKes

Do You Know How To Cook? Who cooks their own food?

Do you cook your own food?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes I know to cook, I may be young but i can cook my own dinners and lunch. I voted Yes in your Poll. By the way for those who don't know how to cook very well Heres some tips!1. Don't worry about exact mesuring justadd the amount you think is just right. (it won't be good at first!) but after time you'll get use to it.2. Get some fresh fruits; don't use canned food it may be easy but it alot more less tastier! Fresh food tastes much better.3. Moms know best; It may be a drag but it's true moms do know alot when it come to cooking so if your not sure how to do something just nask her (if you still can't ask, just buy some books!)

Cooking is awesome, basically chemisty but you can eat it after your done :-DToday I woke up and cooked a huge lunch for my family, had some frozen chicken breasts in the freezer thawed them out and put them on the grill while painting them with bbq sauce, it turbned out awesome, I even make a mexican style fajita (sp?) but cheder, white, and american grated/minced cheese on the wrap, melted it with teh grill and cut up some bbq chicken I made to roll it over, put some cheese on the outside so it would 'seal' itself and nothig would fall out..was the greatest luncyh i haev ever self made in a while and everyboyd loved it!It took me about an hour total from thinking of the idea, preping the food, cooking the food, and clean up ugg the dreaded cleanup :(

I'm not exactly a grand chef, but I can cook a meal or two :(Basicaly, my cookbook consists of the following dishes:1. Eggs (different variations, omelette, scrambled, with bacon, with ham, with green stuff in it...)2. Instant soups (yeah, those bagged soups) - but I'm learning to make a real soup, the one that cooks for several hours :(3. I can make pancakes (not those hiddeous American thick pancakes, but those lovely thin pancakes)4. I can make gritz (it's some kind of wheat product, or something, and it's cooked with milk... yummy)5. I can make fabulous chicken white meat, with ham and cheese, with orange sauce (wonderfull combination)6. probably all sorts of chinese meals (you basicaly chop everything and cook it :()7. other meals that don't require much intervention from me :DThe point is, I'm still learning to cook, slowly (because my parrents cook, and I don't need to yet, but I like to surprise them once in a while :(), and I wouldn't starve... :(Cooking is somewhat of an art, and much effort and love need to be put into cooking, in order for meals to be prepared properly, and be tasty...But, I much more prefer to eat :(GO CHEFS! :D

wohooooooooo! good thing i saw this topic on the list. hehe haven't i said before that i love to cook? cooking is my passion. cooking is my past time, and it's the only thing that removes all the stress. when i have enough money (after getting a job), i'll enroll to a culinary school to be a chef.true true, cooking is an art, but cooking doesn't have to be boring. i try to enjoy every moment of cooking. and of course, the best part of all is eating the food that you've made. what would be better than that?if you want to know how to cook, basically start of on how to boil water. funny as it may sound, but most people laugh when they hear that. it's the most basic, like learning ABC.

My mother usually cooks for me, but if I want to make something and she doesn't want to make it for me, I'll cook for myself.I don't really think you need to take a class to learn how to cook. Just go online and get a few simple free recipies to start. In no time, you'll be able to cook full meals by memory.Although once-in-a-while I do like to get a TV dinner or buy some fast food.

Haha well i am not a big of a chef either but i wont stay hungry lmao... i know how to cook: 1. Egg w/ham,bacon,cheese etc... 2. Pancakes w/bacon on the side 3. TACOS! 4. Pizza on the oven (lol) 5. Burgers Well that's pretty much it haha. I love my food :) I wanna learn how to cook more... good stuff or like meals that get you full easily.

lol have fun in the classesive been growing up in a family that cooks!!! my mom used to work at a family resturant (its closed now) when she was a teenager and early 20s.... and well ive learned from her and her mom how to cookmy uncle on my moms side was a chef at a resturaunt and ive also learned alot from himover the years ive gotten better at cooking just a week about i made a cheese cake and a jamilya. and im looking at new things to make that are out of the ordinary!!!cooking is a hobby you have to enjoy it and put love into the making of it otherwise it can taste like *BLEEP*... i love cooking and all of my concoctions end up being very deliciousall i can say as a fellow cooker is expirament and dont be afriad to have fun with it the worse that happens is it tastes like crap and you throw it out and blow a few bucks on it... but its not the end of the world...

i know how to make somethings rigth but not a lot so i guess i don't know how to cook. the truth is that as long as i live with my mother i don't even want to learn!! she cooks so well that i prefer eating the food she makes. i guess i have to enjoy that now. but i can follow recipies very well.

i love to cook! ive taken numerouscooking classes, and plan ot go to college and become a pastry chef. if any of you are from the usa, or have food network, my favorite cooking show is good eats with alton brown, i swear that guy is awesome. anyways, i hafta cook my own food in order to eat it, my parents arent really around, so im pretty glad about my ablility to cook xD

i can cook! i don't usually follow recipes since i love to experiment on cooking. now, i'm learning how to bake, but you have to follow directions carefully in baking. hehehe. i want to be a chef, a master chef one day... maybe after i get a job and save some money for enrolling in a culinary arts school. that's one of my dreams (not my childhood ones though).

I love cooking, most of the stuff I do I know is from experimentation. Sometimes I'll look up a recipe and if I'm missing ingredients, I'll substitute and experiment, and usually it turns out pretty well. My mom taught me most of what I know, and they're recipes I keep in my head. My specialties are homemade alfredo sauce and my super cheesy enchiladas. I still have to get my mom's cheesecake recipe one of these days. It's the best in the universe. Period. Best. Unlike most people, I don't cook eggs. Why? Because I despise eggs. I hate the smell of eggs cooking. It's just one thing I never really learned how to make. Well, scrambled eggs I know how to make, I just don't make them, because I don't eat em. =/ And yes, I realize there are eggs in most baked goods, that's different. I'm talking eggs as a main dish.But cooking in general is usually about experimentation and experience. At least for me it is.