xisto Community
FLaKes

Do You Know How To Cook? Who cooks their own food?

Do you cook your own food?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

yehh bbro, i can cooki alrady now how 2 make toast, cereal, muffins (kinda), easy mac, and even sausage rolls.. thats right, sausage rollsim only 15 btw the only cooking lessons ive ever received is from year 7 :D

Ys, I know how to cook well. I started when i was 8, because my parent's were not always around to cook, and I have gotten better and better. I can do all sorts of grilling, and fish is easy, plus I am great at cakes (decorating and all) and all sorts of other pastries. I am pretty good at pasta and sauces and ect., and I can make a mean soup. I have taken a class or two at college for culinary arts, but I don't plan on becoming a chef. But hey at least I will be able to cook for myself and my spouse if I get one.

dude i cook for my self all the time. i can cook ham nodles, cake, snitzal and all kinds of stuff. i don't know how people don't know how to cook. i love doing it

I've been cooking since I was 8 years old, I'm 33 now, so for 25 years I've been Iron cheffing it:) I love cooking and I think it's great that you are taking courses to be able to do it. It's very rewarding and helps a great deal with self-reliance. Good for you:)

What really constitutes being able to cook?I can cook a mean bowl of cereal. :P Basically, I've made so many Hamburger/Tuna/Chicken Helpers that I just do it from memory. Although I don't really count it as cooking.Pasta is too easy... so I'm not really sure that it counts either. I can throw together a nice seafood pasta dish... just by throwing mussels, baby clams, shrimp, a good red sauce, and whatever pasta fits my fancy all together.Baking is pretty easy too if you have recipes or go by the box...You can't really mess up chicken, either. :P Really, I think that actual cooking is being able to whip something up on your own from scratch.Which doesn't make me much of a cook. :D

I'm a good cook, or so I am told. I don't really think so, but then again... when I'm cooking for myself, I do mostly rely on instant foods to save time. :P I wish I weren't such a busy person! Errm... yes, but I did learn how to cook *for a grade!* in school, so I suppose I can't be too bad if I passed. I admit, I make a mean biscotti :D

I cant cook. I never learnt how. I did a class in school once, but I was just there for the food, and my group did most of the work, while I get free food. I've never really needed to learn to cook just yet. When I make my own food I always use a microwave, which isnt actually cooking. So I can cook anything that has instructions on the back, and goes in the microwave. Apart from that I have no idea...

You should always learn to cook, for so many reasons...> Eating homemade food is a lot healthier than prepackaged junk> It's fun> You feel a sense of accomplishment when you make something good> You can bake stuff for other people as a "thank you" like some brownies... ^^And best of all, you can eat it. :)

Dear Carson:

Well I have great news for you and everyone else who thinks they can't cook because they need directions: EVERYONE DOES! THAT'S WHY PEOPLE WRITE RECIPE BOOKS & PUBLISH THEM:)

It is not possible to learn how to cook without using someone elses recipes at first. So using a microwave and making pre-packaged meals is JUST as much cooking as making your own meals from scratch.

By eating pre-made meals, you learn what your body likes and doesn't like, from there, you learn to make things without what you dislike and add ingredients you enjoy. This is how we all get started, so yes Carson, you are a cook.

I've been cooking since I was 8 years old, and I started by making Kraft Dinner, I had to read the box, hell, I've even burnt it, A LOT! :) But Then I started adding different things, like cream of mushroom soup, instead of the cheese packet, and ham or tuna, etc, and after that, I was able to do it without the directions on the box. So I took it one step further and bought different pastas, with no directions, and added whatever I felt would taste good and so on.

So now I take a recipe, lets say I find it online, and I copy it into my recipe book, however, I do not copy foods I don't like from the recipe, instead, I substitute them with foods I love, and voila, I have made my own recipe.

When I get some time, I will start a recipe topic here at trap 17, with my own recipes & everyone else is welcome to post their own favorites, wether they include a canned or packaged food or not:) All recipes are great, they keep us fed and alive, and all cooks are awesome because they feed themselves and others:) :P

i can cook but not that well my mom always stresses me to learn how to cook because sooner or latter i will have to take care of my own self. (my best food to cook is eggs not simple eggs eggs with a bunch of other stuff)

I can cook, ive made full big decorated cakes before that taste awesome, ive made pancakes and crepes before, i can cook vegies and food and stuffi love cooking random stuff, so long as we all like it or its edible... ive made some seriously disgusting cuisines before that have made a few people err... sick