xisto Community
FLaKes

Do You Know How To Cook? Who cooks their own food?

Do you cook your own food?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Uh-oh.... cooking is certainly not my cup of tea (pun unintentional). All I can do without risking blowing up the entire house is boil water. That is all. Of course, I make my sandwiches now and then, and I have recently managed making black coffee. <proud grin> Oh well, I simply can't get the cooking right. I invariably end up spending half an hour contemplating on methods of distinguishing between salt and sugar... so there. I am fairly decent when it comes to cutting up vegetables and stuff like that, I can even make a salad that looks tolerable, but anything to do with the stove and salt is beyond me. Completely.

I think its best if you know how to cook to impress that girl you want to get with. The bad part is if you end up marrrying that girl she'll get lazy and you'll have to cook all the time. Another scenario might be that she gets jealous of your cooking abilities and she'll get pissy all the time. lolCooking is fun well when it goes your way.

Cooking food isn't that hard. I think if I had a set of instructions I can handle it. I would prefer cooked foods over microwave any day. Food in the microwave is always either to hot or too cold and it can be frozen in the middle.

I'm like...a master chef. Here's the secret for cooking just about anything.1)Open the box2)Put the contents in the microwave and close.3)Cook contents until warm, pull contents out of microwave4)Yell at the food and jump up and down screaming because you burned your finger.5)Enjoy(BUT DON'T BURN!)

I love to cook! Just now for dinner I made tomato-basil marinara sauce with bowtie pasta and grilled chicken (all from scratch, except for the pasta which was just boiled). I think that cooking your own food not only is more nutritious and healthy, but it just makes you feel good, that you can eat something satisfying and delicious that you prepared yourself. Plus, since you made it yourself, you know that there aren't any chemicals or preservatives, which you get in a lot of frozen meals and packaged foods.~Michelle

Haha?!?! You're kidding...COOK? I don't even have a clue. =/ Actually, I survived eating one of those ready to eat soup and pizza, and fast food. (no, I'm not fat).Now...my wife cooks for me. (maybe that's what a wife is for?)

Edited by BordaForx (see edit history)

I love to cook. Grilling is my speciality, though. Steaks, brats, hamburgers, chicken breasts, pork chops, you name it, I think I can grill it. Not liquids, or anything like that. But, I learned from the master griler, my uncle, how to grill eggs. It really is a feat in itself. I don't know where I would be without my Weber, and my George Forman.

Well, I can't say that I'm a good cook, but at least I don't starve myself if there's still ingredients in the kitchen, ;)I just started to learn how to cook a few months ago when i came here (US) to study. I'm here alone and if I didn't learn how to cook, I wouldn't be here today.In a few months time the only things I've really mastered are fried rice, curry chicken, simple vegetables and pizza ;) Not really a big thing but it's a big achievement to me cause I've never cooked in my fore till now.

Mm.. I know how to cook, yes.. and when I have time to, it's quite yummy ^^However.. I'm a full time college student, with a full time job, so.. normally by the time finally get home, I'm only up for throwing something in the microwave XDGood luck with your studies, future chefs.. you can work in a fancy resturant and serve me lovely meals when I'm a successful programmer ^^

ahaha.. this is what i know how to cook or make.. whateverOmlet (eat it with rice and soy sauce.. yummy... medium cooked)Instant noodleFrozen PizzaThat's it =P... But one time, i volunteered at my school and we did a cooking club. That week, we made japanese chicken wings. AHAHa.. Well.. it was easy following the intructions.. But for one reason.. I decided to pour the left over eggs yoke into the pan with the chickens, forgetting that it will turn into omlet. SO yeah.. my partner yelled at me ahah (she is older than i am). But then forgot about the chicken. .and it was burnt. Which i got yelled for the second time again.But it turned out that .. the omlet was good .. so i ate soem of it. .. i regretted of throwing some away. And the chicken was awesome too. AHAH. my partner.. she was like. WOW.. she was suprised HAHAA.

one day my mom was at work and i just woke up and i was really hungry and i mean hungry, their was nothing to eat that didnt have to be cooked. So i went on the internet and looked for scrambled eggs, i found a few ways to cook them but i looked for the easiest one, i found it then i cooked it in the frying pan, I FELT LIKE A MAN! lol then i ate it and it tasted good. then when my mom came home i told her and she was glad that i cooked

Yeah I know how to cook, since I first came to study abroad.Sometimes I get lazy and just eat frozen food (especially when I have heavy workload)....or just buy food or eat at Uni dining hall.I just learnt to cook sushi last week. It's cool! :(