xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
finaldesign

Firefox Tricks To Boost Your Speed

Yeah, I have used Fasterfox before and it does bring up the speed of firefox quite a bit. I would recommend fasterox because it is easy to install, just like an add on, and very customizable.

Hello,The settings, are it settings of Firefox itself or settings of any other piece of software?? This trick doesn't work for IE, I saw, but does it work for any other browser??

maybe it works well for some people but it isn't working for me niether , is just stop me my music that i'm listning , and make me wait for an extra time , so i renitialised my gonf and now it's like befaore , oh.. tnx to god !!!!

Hello! I saw, that someone has picked up this tutorial so I have to add comment:) So, you know, this tutorial is very good, but not for new version of Mozilla Firefox! I`ve got Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.4 and I can`t find the last strind, so do others with 1.5.0.4 and 1.5.0.1 versions... So I found have to do that with news versions of Mozilla:

Go to about:config

Set "network.http.pipelining" to "true"

Set "network.http.proxy.pipelining" to "true"

Set "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" to some number like 14. This means it will make 14 requests at once.

Lastly right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it "nglayout.initialpaint.delay" and set its value to "0". This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it recieves.

I couldn`t find the real one, so here is something on that way!

EDIT: Mod please delete.Ironically, my Firefox crashed while Buffalo posted his reply so I was unable to see he said to post further discussions to that link.My apologies.Awesome, thanks a lot for the tutorial. You can tell the difference after making the changes you suggested. :unsure:

Edited by QuickGreen (see edit history)

I am just interested why it was disabled in the first place. Why this option is not turned n when you install firefox to the computer.Also I would like to know whther it works on every firefox version in the same way?tnx in advance.

Well I figured out that point here is that you cannot boost it anymore then it is already everything is just in your mind and even if there is boost you want notice any significance because you are not loading any large data like when you have downlaod accelerator and it boosts your download by several same downloades of the same file because file is largere but the thing is that sites are much much smaller then this and they cannot be downloaded in that way to make any significant change over time.