xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
finaldesign

Firefox Tricks To Boost Your Speed

Thanks man. I really needed this. Some of the sites I go to can be slow at sometimes. this should help speed the process up I hope. Yeah thanks again man.

There are servers who won't accept you opening loads of connections, either to keep down their bandwidth usage, or protect themselves against DoS attacks.You see, using the pipelinging tweak isn't very nice to the sites you are visiting, your hogging connections and using extra bandwith.

I saw this posted on another forum I use and the thread got deleted after 1 day cos the admin said the servers were taking too much of a battering. So yeah, good for users; bad for webmasters.

Nice info.man i needed this.good one .keep such infos coming up.i hope my speed will improve.anyway i love the firefox.

I saw this posted on another forum I use and the thread got deleted after 1 day cos the admin said the servers were taking too much of a battering. So yeah, good for users; bad for webmasters.

140064[/snapback]

well probably some webmasters won't allow their users to consume that big amount of bandwith, but anyway, it's worth of trying... :P

140064[/snapback]

Woah....this is cool...nice post. I quite like it. I tried this out...and it is true!! it really did help me to boost the spped that the internet webpages load.....really cool...

I think it should not be much of a problem to webmasters....because no matter if you have 1 or 5 connections, the same amount of data gets transferred to the client anyway...it is just a matter of time......so bandwidth should not be a problem.

The only problem I see is that is the server strain or aka server load. If the website is a very popular website...where it recieves thousands of hits every day....not the common website, and it each client who loads the webpage has 5 simultanious connections at the same time....whoah...it is going to be 5 times more server load for the server at that instant......Yeah....so the webmaster should only be worried about his server crashing, stability issues and other problems related to reliability.....not so much on bandwidth.......

If your webpage loads much faster.....your visitors will much be happier....and have a good experience at your site.....the webmaster should...a common one....should be happy instead......right guys?????

okay...anyway...if any comments on this post...please feel free to voice them out...!

-Shackman

Woah....this is cool...nice post. I quite like it.  I tried this out...and it is true!! it really did help me to boost the spped that the internet webpages load.....really cool...

I think it should not be much of a problem to webmasters....because no matter if you have 1 or 5 connections, the same amount of data gets transferred to the client anyway...it is just a matter of time......so bandwidth should not be a problem.

The only problem I see is that is the server strain or aka server load. If the website is a very popular website...where it recieves thousands of hits every day....not the common website, and it each client who loads the webpage has 5 simultanious connections at the same time....whoah...it is going to be 5 times more server load for the server at that instant......Yeah....so the webmaster should only be worried about his server crashing, stability issues and other problems related to reliability.....not so much on bandwidth.......

If your webpage loads much faster.....your visitors will much be happier....and have a good experience at your site.....the webmaster should...a common one....should be happy instead......right guys?????

okay...anyway...if any comments on this post...please feel free to voice them out...!

-Shackman

142819[/snapback]

Yea your right, there are 2 sides.. On one way it will give the webmaster less bandwith.. but it will increase the performance of his site.. I would say it neither good nor bad for the webmaster. The bad evens out the good, and vice-versa. Still, its a very nice tip! thanks for sharing

Now I've actually looked into it, the only servers it will be bad for are probably those (including proxies) that don't support it. And apparently sites with lots of media may get some side-effects.Servers supporting pipelining might even be better off with pipelining on, since you send multiple requests at once instead of sending one, waiting for a reply and then sending the next one.

Now I've actually looked into it, the only servers it will be bad for are probably those (including proxies) that don't support it.  And apparently sites with lots of media may get some side-effects.

The one I was referring to is an online music store with thousands of audio samples, so that's probably why they didn't like it.

Hello all you FireFox user's! Did you know that on croatian language FireFox means > "VatrenaLisica" :lol: Anyway here is the deal: with this easy tutorial you'll get very fast pageloads in firefox browser: just follow this simple code:

Here's something for broadband people that will really speed up Firefox:1.Type "about:config" into the address bar and hit return. Scroll down and look for the following entries:    * network.http.pipelining    * network.http.proxy.pipelining    * network.http.pipelining.maxrequestsNormally the browser will make one request to a web page at a time. When you enable pipelining it will make several at once, which really speeds up page loading.2. Alter the entries as follows:    * Set "network.http.pipelining" to "true"    * Set "network.http.proxy.pipelining" to "true"    * Set "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" to some number like 30.This means it will make 30 requests at once.3. Lastly right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it "nglayout.initialpaint.delay" and set its value to "0". This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it receives. If you're using a broadband connection you'll load pages MUCH faster now!

That's all, hope it's working for you!

66925[/snapback]

Well the pipeline opition on my computer makes broswering a tad slower...

great ??? thz a lot that was one of my problems with firefox ... take a long time to load some websites ... but now anymore ... thnx ... the speed is notorious and is amazing nowthnx again :(:lol:

Im glad that I able to help... I never dream that there are soo many firefox users... Cool :rolleyes: