xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
finaldesign

Firefox Tricks To Boost Your Speed

Yeah i agree, it could be something in the background affecting firefox as well...First try and uninstall firefox and then reinstall (delete any remaining files you find after uninstall)If there is no reduction probably some spyware/adware is trying to use ur browser, run something like ms antispyware or spybot

Wow, it's going pretty fast for me. I was always moaning and groaning because of how slow firefox took for me. Thanks for the tip, it was greatly appreciated.

I use spybot regulary and I dont think its spyware. Right now I'm going to reinstall the browser as you suggested, but I'm not sure about it...

Here is a pic of my processes:

Posted Image

This is happening right now!

188467[/snapback]

Dear I seen ur processes and they look alright to me, but donno why ur cpu is showing a 100%

My firefox is currently consuming 48,000k and another 20,000k in ie but cpu is only 4-7%

hHave ur processor checked up

Thanks for the info on making my browsing faster :huh: It's always nice to have faster loads. Just curious but if it does actually make your internet go faster, then why isn't these things set as defaults? It would make more sense if mozilla did that and then they could advertise saying their browser loads pages faster :PxJedix

Thanks for the tips, I changed my config; I'll see what happens.

Firefox uses a lot of the memory here too (almost 50.000 K), what is more than

Internet Explorer; and a little slower too. But its security is slightly better than IE's,

and there are some useful plugins.

ciroxyz: Well, taking a screenshot of part of your proccess is not very useful.

Use HijackThis and create a log, then post it. Spybot is not very effective, I used

it and its not good. I wasn't able to remove 2 spywares that were infecting my computer

This is great! Now I can finally get the best out of my browser (because I am not a patient person) this is great! Where do you people find these things?

hey, thanks for the tutorial. Just tried on my firefox, it works superbly. A website which takes usually a while to load now loads in the matter of seconds, all thanks to this thread.I find firefox takes a long time to load when I first attempt to launch the application. Is this a known problem?I also experience it hogs the processor usage, although not too much compared to other applications.Thanks.

This is glorious, thank you VERY much for posting it. My broser speed has increased incredibly, and I have you to thank for that. -sends many thank yous your way.I can really see the difference. ^^