xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
finaldesign

Firefox Tricks To Boost Your Speed

Thanks to wild20 and Joshua I downloaded Firefox and did that tut... WOW the speed greatly rost very awesome tutorial... Good Job ;)

Very nice tutorial. Now I can get places faster than before. Is there a way to do that in Internet Explorer too? That would be cool. Now I just have to be careful when I am editting my site. I don't want my bandwidth to jump and what not. Every time I finish editting something I press refresh to make sure it works, now it'll be like refreshing 20 times.

for the very best online navigation, besides installing the AdBlock extension (http://adblock.mozdev.org/) you need a very good set of filter rules to make you experience an almost adfree Internet.

Check this AdBlock add-in, Filterset.G Updater. It is a list of blocked ads to AdBlock, updated every 4-7 days, to keep all your online navigation almost adfree. Works totally in the background and made FF even better for me.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Thanks! This tutorial helped me a hack of a lot with my Firefox's surfing capabilities. I found the entire about:mozilla thing to be a cool Easteregg Mozilla placed inside of their program. :blink:

Damn, that really helped speed up my firefox. But I was wondering if anyone had a hack/tweak that would speed up my downloading or allow me to do more downloads at a time?Would really appreciate it. Thx.

wow nice trick kashvet, you where telling the truth when you said it goes over 500% faster. Even java extenchions run reallllllllllllllllllllly fast. You just saved me so much time. I use Internet Explorer about 90% of my computer time and FireFox 10% of the time, but now I would want to use FireFox more because god its juse fast lol. so thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey thanks for the little trick, done all that and can't say i notice much of a difference (im already on a really fast connection so maybe that's why).Seems like firefox is fast once it boots up but it takes a long time to load (on average 1-3 minutes). Ive been researching that but cant find an answer for it.