xisto Community
vusay

I Hate Greenday!

Right, once and for all - Do you like Greenday?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wow! And I thought I was the only one to hate Greenday. That's good anyway. IT's just going in to music shops and seeing all their Greednay stuff drives me mad. And just because a band is old dosn't make it bad. It's better because their music is still around so they've done a good job. Everybody follows trends and if we're not listening to Sabbath in the 21st century, then we will never hear it again. And Dimebag's death should make you listen to their stuff more. Yer though, I do like some Mastodon. So you're trying to tell me that you used to love Metallica back in the 80's, but you wouldn't listen to say 'Ride the Lightning' now because it's dated. It's the same song though? And I was never in the 80's (missed out by 2 months) but If I could go back I'd be gone. Or, just bring old msuic forward.Anyway thanks everone for re-plying.

I shouldn't be getting this big fuss over how you guys hate green day. because i'm a pretty ok. fan. But I guess it all depends on if you like the kind of music or not. I mean, at least they sing, not scream or rapAlso, i think that most people hate green day would be that they are too popluar. yeah, i totally agree with that. At least everyone at my school loves green day and it gets really annoying X__X. That's why I always go for the bands not that many people know...but then again...it's not fun when you have no one to obsess ove them with T_Tso...i dunno...it's kinda a tweener for me =P. Meh, I bet over a month i'll lose intrest over green day just like all the other bands XD

Wow, it appears a lot of people here dont like greenday. I for one do. I think that they are a very good and unique alternative rock group. They have a different style than Metallica or Sabbath so they really cant be judged in the same way. Since i like there style and other groups similar, i know i am biased in some ways. However, that does not mean you shouldnt take anything i say as true. All i know is that their style and music is rememberable and catchy while also different and not just the same old alternative rock sounding music that is on the radio these days

green day is not really the sort of band I would listen to on my own but 15 year old sister loves them, and so I give them a chance. I can take them or leave them but I can tell you that I think the bass player is probably the most talented one in the band- whatever his name is. They've got a couple of songs with really good bass lines.

I like green day, but i suppose thats because i have grown up listening to their music. Their old stuff is way better (isnt that always the case with most bands?). I hate Kerrang TV, eminem?? correct me, but thats rap?!?!!?Go Scuzz!!Dont get me wrong I listen to Metallica, Motorhead, Pantera and the like, and i also listen to killswitch engage and more. But greenday was the 1st band i ever heared, so... :P

And just because a band is old dosn't make it bad. It's better because their music is still around so they've done a good job. Everybody follows trends and if we're not listening to Sabbath in the 21st century, then we will never hear it again.

I don´t mean that an old band has to be automatically good. What I´m saying is exactly that some talk about Green Day as trendie music but that´s not the case. They started by theirself, not like other prefab punk-pop bands that we all know. They started recording on indie labels (lookout), touring around the world losing money... just the kind of things that Good Charlote or Simple Plan have never done. I mean it´s a bit silly to think that a band sucks only because MTV programs it or a lot of teenagers love their music.

So you're trying to tell me that you used to love Metallica back in the 80's, but you wouldn't listen to say 'Ride the Lightning' now because it's dated. It's the same song though?

And I don´t mean that I don´t respect and listen Metallica´s earlier work. But if you ask me, Metallica are definitely in their worst musical moment and Green Day in one of their bests. And both of them are earning lots of money.

By the way I´m not the kind of guy that listens records only because their members are dead. I listen Pantera when I want to listen some good metal stuff, nothing more. :P

I hate GREEDDAY almost as much as i hate dave matthews band. Ugg thats the worst band ever. I HATE those people that wear those american idiot shirts too who are they trying to fool they arnt emo they are wana bees. I CANT STAND GREEN DAY

Hmm.. I agree I'm not really a fan of Greenday, but when I was 12 (8 years ago) I was a huge fan! In fact, I had my walls covered in pics of the band and went to see them twice in Glasgow.. mad experience for a twelve year old -lots of old-skool punks. Anyway, I would say they put on a highly entertaining show!Nowadays they seem to be huge and I think how happy it would have made me then for them to get so much coverage.. But I would also say that now, they are pretty pathetic sell-outs and never really progressed as a band.In the end, I outgrew Greenday at about 14/15, though I never outgrew pearl jam or soundgarden who I like since age 10 or something..Rock on

Yeh, I like Green Day, I also think that their old stuff is much better, but I still like their new songs. It seems to me that alot of the people that don't like Green Day, used to like them in the past and I found out that the reason people went off of them is because of an attidute like this:''Green Day are popular because of song like Wake Me Up When September Ends, I must be different to everyone else, I can't listen to their music anymore''But also, isn't it amazing how much music rules us these days. It's strange looking at people arguing, screaming and fussing over music (perhaps even feeling embarrassment for what they listen to).Oh yeh, in agreeance with cragllo, what the hell is going on with Kerrang TV? I just watch music videos online now, if I ever do anymore..

I like greenday...but I'm not soo keen on mainstream bands..all it is these days are like teenage girls who "say" they like those bands to look cool or whatever ... most peopel don't know what I'm talking about but it's something like they're wannabes or something.I think they're kind of going pop-ish like most rock bands these days.. :P they call themselves rock but really it's pop, that's what really annoys me...

Yehr Sprnknwn, I completely agree with you. Metallica are in their worst era ever. I cringe when I hear St. Anger stuff. Anyway, thank god more people hate Greenday.Wow, and this topic was just intended to find out whether or not people liked Greenday. Nearly 4 pages now I think.Anyway thanks eeryone for your posts.