xisto Community
vusay

I Hate Greenday!

Right, once and for all - Do you like Greenday?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In spite of music of greenday like a snooring.., *weks., what should i say.. i have a plenty english vocabulary..I think greenday have a unique style, isnt it?btw2., someone have manowar mp3? share to me please., its a long time i didnt hear manowar..,

People are not all the same - and thank God for that. If everyone had the same meanings, the same clothes, looked the same, talked in the same way, then this world would be an even more weirder place to live. This has something to do with what people like and not. I do not really like metal/rock music, but I remember I used to like some of Green Day's songs. Not any more though, because I am simply tired of them. I have not been seeing a lot of them in the media lately either.But as said; this has something to do with taste. Some like R&B, some opera while others might like metal and rock music. I do not think this is much to discuss really - everyone has their own favourite music, and that is the way it should be.

I agree any one is entitled to there own opinion but i dont see anyone here selling like 5 albums and 1 of them 10 Million sold and another 5 million sold.Green Day is my favourite band andif you actually listen to there songs you can notice the bassPS. Unfortually hardly anyone likes Green Day anymore

I like a few of green day's songs....but they r all old....their "time of your life" was really gr8....simple n just gr8... they haven't come up with anything good these days ...the same goes with metallica n all d others bands that have been named........

Edited by klusk (see edit history)

Green Day does not **** for many reasons.1. Billie Joe is a good singer, guitarist and great writer. He has a good voice he just doesn't show it.2. They haven't dressed like that their entire career, when Dookie came out they were wearing normal clothes.3. Mike Dirnt is one of the greatest bass players of all time.(Just listen to Longview and Welcome to Paradise.)4. I have no problem with Metallica and Pantera, but you should give Green Day a lot of credit because they have inspired tons of kids and bands.5. Although the eyeliner is bull****, their reinventing themselves like tons of artists do so they can still be fresh an people will still like their music.Now Fall Out Boy and Good Charlotte.........., but don't say Green Day sucks because they will go down in history as one the greatest punk bands and maybe greatest rock bands of all time.

Why do you hate them so much. You didn't give any reason other than they can't sing and they wear mascara, Drag queens wear mascara and you don't hate them. Then again neither can bob dylan by some standards.Be more specific. I hate Green Day's American Idiot Album. Why because it has no dynamic range.What is dynamic range? The difference in volume between the loudest and the softest part. If you get up American Idiot in audacity. Just look at the waveform (The visual representation of the music's "volume") It is on, then it stays there, drops once or twice, and then finishes. It's just there.It's really not their fault completely. It's the old "I want my song to seem louder than yours" you can't exceed X in any medium (CD, Radio etc.) but you make it as loud as possible.I'm sick of people hating bands for no reason and then whinging about it. Bands are people who work their butts off trying to be original artists are out there trying to be inventive, come up with something new. Don't say hate. Say not like, or dislike. To me hate is if your loved one was drowning in a car and you hate someone, if that person you hate is the only person that will save them you would rather watch them die. But that's just me. Be fare to musos. Someone telling them that they hate them (for no particular reason) can stop them from becoming the next bob dylan or metalica. try to deliver constructive criticism.however you are entitled to you opinion.

you wanted a reason you got it..

I Hate Greenday!

Ok..You wanted a reason to hate Green Day..Here ya go..When I'm done will you go back and make my burger...Large fries..Thanks

1) Bubble gum band. I can just see a 13 year old bopping their head up and down to it wearing checkered pants.

2) they were ok until the whole american idiot. I really get offended when 3 morons call a country that my grandfather, cousin, and my brother, all idiots. Maybe my Grandfather would like to sight in the ol' M-1 on the guitarist...

3) Look at what they stand for. I know..I know..We are at war. No one wants war. However, we are there none the less, so because of it we are all idiots.

4) Nothing I have heard from their camp really sounded um...Good. Seriously. I know they are playing and banging the drums, but nothing really impresses me. There is just too much other music out there that I value greater then these idiots..

-reply by Slamd097

Yeah I heard that know your enemy song, and instantly started looking for a post like this, OMG I hate Green Day, lets just come up with good slams to say about these guys like, quit riding the raft of our political problems for your gain. Before bush was in office they could give two ****s. But as soon as a Bandwagon formed against Bush, they catapulted to the front lines and assumed leadership. And yess... ALL ****IN HAIL THE ALMIGHTY DIMEBAG

-reply by Bigcoop

whoaaaaI Hate Greenday!

I really hope you review what you just said. First off, mike dirntor whatever his name isis not one of the best bass players of all time. Not even close. John entwhistle, les claypoole, flea, jaco pastorius, jack bruce, john paul jones, victor wooten...Mike dirnt??? c'mon, even the most hardcore greenday fan can't admit that!! and billie joe doesn't have a good voice at all. He just whines all the time. And greenday will not go down as one of the best "punk" or rock bands ever. They arent even punk. I mean, I'd put the ramones, circle jerks, sex pistols, and the clash ahead of them, along with 50 other bands. Their best albums are dookie and nimrod, which are alternative/pop. But youre exactly right, they are soooo much better then the beatles, led zeppelin, pink floyd, rolling stones, chili peppers, eagles, and beach boys. Hell, steely dan is better.C'mon man, your post is a joke

-reply by hokiehi

First of all you guys are all haters. Billie Joe Armstrong has a great voice ill admit Mike Dirnt is not the greatest but Billie Joe has an angel voice. He puts so much into a show, the entire time hes jumping around and he does not lip sync like most stars. That is pure talent, unlike lady gaga, britney spears, etc. Thats his opinion hes showing you don't have to follow it. Hes mad at Bush not the soldiers, he never once insulted them but bush does **** like you all!

-reply by Molly

Okay, I understand this is a "hate thread," but I've just got to speak. 

Fair enough if you don't like them, your opinion, that's awesome. But when people say "There is nothing good about them!" Oh really? Nothing good in changing peoples lives and making their dreams come true?

How many bands do you know get audience members on stage and let them sing a whole song with their favourite band? I saw Green Day the other day after seeing them for years, and they just keep getting better and better.

Also, who ever thinks that Green Day are a "bubble gum band" are completely wrong! The audience is generally an older audience. Heck, I started listening to them when I was young, and I'm still a fan. When Green Day started off 21 years ago, young kids would listen to them, now those kids are in their 30's and 40's.

And a theory I heard about the Beatles not being a good band. What on earth is this person on, acid? The Beatles changed music. Anyone who thinks this is lies clearly knows nothing about music.

I'm not causing arguments or stating that you should be fans of Green Day, but just think about how many lives they have changed and what dreams they have made come true tonight. Because I see it every time I see them live. They pick people from the crowd to join them on stage to play instruments, sing, dance, crowd surf, take pictures with them or just to give them a hug. If your favourite band or artist did that to you, how would you feel? These guys are doing it every time they play live. So just think...You may not like them, but they do good things for people. They are not just money makers

-reply by Alan