xisto Community
vusay

I Hate Greenday!

Right, once and for all - Do you like Greenday?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Greenday's "Greatest hits" is a good purchase although personally i was dissapointed with their latest album but that is more so because it doesnt really fit within my tastes. I could understand why some people dont like them, but personally if think they are a band deserving of the awards they have won.

I don't have a clear answer for this because well, now that I've been an amateur musician for a while, and exploring different styles, I realize that Green Day's songs aren't that interesting musically. But, they were also one of the first bands I ever listened to, and probably the first band I was ever a huge fan of. I remember growing up listening to Green Day and relating to the songs they had. They seemed like a bunch of poor, socially inept teenagers and their songs were catchy. They also inspired me to play guitar and for the first year of my self-learning, all I could play were Green day and Ramones songs, but this made me feel like I knew what I was doing. It was great to be able to jam with my cousin (another punk rock fan) to some catchy green day songs. I knew the entire repertoire of green day and RAmones songs from all their albums (and others punk bands, like misfits). It's really not that impressive when you realize all the songs are relatively the same though :)Green Day is getting kind of weird with their fame I think, but it'd be stupid for hating a band because they got popular and 'don't deserve it'. I think they deserve fame and money more than most of the junk they call music these days (What the hell are all these american idol singers that are being spewed out?) I don't listen to much (any) pop-punk-rock like I did when I was younger, but I think Green Day were and are at the top of that genre. Billie Joe Armstrong was also named one of the "best" guitarists in the world by rolling stone i think?..... hehe.. I know it seems like a ridiculous thing to say that, and it probably is since he isn't that talented guitar-wise, but his guitar playing did inspire a lot of young guitar-newbies..... so maybe that counts for something.

GreendayI Hate Greenday!

I love Greenday they are 1 of my favorite bands. I love all music though. What is your opinion on them? I could live without the mascara. I freeking love Billy Joe Armtrong the lead singer and guitarist. He never lets the other talk though wich is kinda anoying since you never hear their voices EVER! they have some crappy songs I know like brown eyed girl. BUT

21 guns

Know you own enemy

Good Riddance

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Wake me when september ends

and minority-kinda good make up for those crappy ones! I like greenday I also like Metallica,Lady GaGA,Hinder,Nickleback,Daughtry,Buckcherry,Pink I could go on all day! 

-reply by caroline

greenday are bad , but not unbearable..bearable songs - 1. boulevard of broken dreams2. 21 guns3. american eulogy4. whole dookie album5. v.s.o albumSo, don't hate on them cause they wear eyeliners, etc. they are pretty good!

I don't care much for the new Green Day, but the old Green Day was good. Like Dookie, Kurplunk!, Insomniac and 39/Smooth. That's when they we're good. American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown are terrible albums, ever since they became a "Rock Opera" band, its never been the same.

People who like songs from American Idiot and 21st Century haven't really heard what Green Day really are.

Plus, if you say "I hate Green Day, but they have a few good songs like 'Know Your Enemy' and 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams'." Then your a hypocrite, because those are the most mainstream songs by Green Day and they give me headaches.

Listen to songs like "Christie Road" or "Brain Stew" and some more songs from their older albums, then you might respect Green Day a little bit more

Green day sucks. They have sucked since day 1. Brain stew was the only decent song they ever had. they're not punk and never have been. and american idiot and everything since is ignorant, uninformed political bull.