xisto Community
vusay

I Hate Greenday!

Right, once and for all - Do you like Greenday?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As someone who was listening to bands such as Propagandhi, NOFX, Bad Religion, Voodoo Glow Skulls etc . since the early 90's, I never really paid that much attention to Green Day. After listening to some of the afforementioned bands, Green Day seemed kind of bland and, well just boring.

Billy Joe can sing, so I don't know why someone stated that he can't. He's a good frontman yet not the greatest guitarist in the world.

Anyway, in 2005 I was begged and begged to go see them at the Milton Keynes Bowl on their infamous 2 day, sellout tour and to my surprise, after waiting in the unbelievably hot weather [i know, strange for June in the UK] with a tan that would put David Dickinson [Google him] to shame, Green Day took to the stage.

I wasn't blown away by the music but more by their stage presence. They were good entertainers and performed well and knew how to get the sunburnt spectators into a frenzy. Albeit to rather lacklustre melodies and 3 chord songs.

?35 that ticket cost [roughly $67 USD] and personally I don't think it was worth it. I could of spent ?10 on a bottle of fake tan and spent the rest on booze and sat in my house listening to better music on my PC and have just the same amount of fun, if not more.

Each to their own I suppose.

I like Greenday, as in all the charities they do, and that they often participate in world-health and other big projects, without taking money for it . Now that's a BAND who cares, right?Look on SLAYER, or any other "feeling-king-like-awesome" band there is - They wouldn't have participated, atleast not without any money.Green Day might not have MY favourite music, but it's what they do on a world basis that matters! :)

Whopee,thought I was the only green day hater on this side of the planet,Wayto go,Their music has no different themes, just the usual "i am a sadf*** and no female loves me" THATS IT,and we all know why such bands participate in such events,for PUBLICITY,they know that their quality of musuc is dismal and the public will soon forget them.On the other hand,musically superior and the more "evil" and "satanic" bands like slayer or megadeth, don need to stoop to such levels for publicity,they have carved themselves a place in the history books as thrash GODS and nothing below that.And you CANNOT name your band "slayer" and have satanic and apocalyptic themes in your song AND participate in WORLD peace concert,even for a billion dollars,against the basic principles as to why slayer chose the path its on now.

What ever happened to good old 80's metal. Ring a bell anyone:
Metallica
Motorhead
Manowar
Pantera
Led Zeppy
Aerosmith
Judas priest!!

Uhh, only about half of those were considered "80's" bands. The rest were 60's and 70's. Besides, you forgot some of the most important like Black Sabbath(which was the inspiration for most of the bands you mentioned, also considered the fathers of heavy metal), Kiss, Ozzy Osbourne

I don't like western rock and techno too, not just Green Day in particular. The songs make no sense or are very simplistic, and the music hurts my ears so. Oh and the 'don't want to be an american idiot' gets to me too.

Edited by bishoujo (see edit history)

I think people give American Idiot way too much ****. It's a very well written, cohesive album with solid political foundation. Their new, mainstream fans may be a pack of fools, but they have good roots in the California punk rock scene, and the bands they're influenced by respect them. Bad Religion, NOFX, Rancid. They're all true bands that have done real time in the underground winning fans over, the same way that Green Day did. These new 'mascara' fans you're describing are the result of money grubbing record companies putting talented bands like Green Day and Blink 182 on a pedestal. These young kids don't understand the message in the music, they just know that Carson Daly told them to buy the album.Oh, and Judas Priest sucks. A lot.

I think people give American Idiot way too much ****. It's a very well written, cohesive album with solid political foundation. Their new, mainstream fans may be a pack of fools, but they have good roots in the California punk rock scene, and the bands they're influenced by respect them. Bad Religion, NOFX, Rancid. They're all true bands that have done real time in the underground winning fans over, the same way that Green Day did. These new 'mascara' fans you're describing are the result of money grubbing record companies putting talented bands like Green Day and Blink 182 on a pedestal. These young kids don't understand the message in the music, they just know that Carson Daly told them to buy the album.Oh, and Judas Priest sucks. A lot.

Now I don't really like Greenday to be honest. In my opinion they're out of date and cannot sing, but my best friend is crazy about them. Coming into school on a morning, he wears a Greenday hoody top. Then there is this other band called My Chemical Romance who cannot sing either. Now Greenday have loads and loads of fans, but I cannot see why. There concerts sell out and I have heard they are really good live, but that music isn't my taste. Now I move onto the name. Does any of the younger fans actually know what Greenday as a word mean? No? Well maybe they should. You can go find out yourself what it means. Now I am into more of dance kinder music, and maybe these rockers hate that. But in my opinion, Greenday are ok, but not good.

Hey, all of you who criticize a band for being commercial, that's stupid, if you were in a band what would you prefer? being and unknown band that just "the people who think are better than others just because they listen to music that no one knows" known or being a world-known band that wins lot of money with their music be real please! also if you were a real fan you would want your favorite band to be a well-known legend band not a garage band that would die of starvation for lack of money, oh and metallica actually is more commercial than nothing

Has anyone looked at the waveform of american idiot? its full on... im not a huge fan, but i don't hate them... if you don't know what i mean open american idiot in audacity... and look at how full on it is